Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.6

[DE]Megan

since the thread of Saryn spore changes is closed(which shouldn't be) i'll make my comment here: we lost tick damage killing enemies=spreads spores which made sense: you kill enemies=spread spores, your group kills enemies=spread spores. since tick damage kills enemies it should also spread spores. now it causes anti-synergy. this has to come back, but not with 16m spread. you can make it 8m spread. you do changes cause something is good for onslaught and you make it worse to everything else besides onslaught

we got rid of the spore detonation at spore recast that shouldn't have been there in the first place cause it was punishment for recasting(caster frame that punishes you for recasting. i love getting punished when recasting) only to get another punishment: 20% decrease in ramped damage when recasting spores so we didn't get rid the "punishment feature" that the previous rework introduced. there shouldn't be any punishment at recasting spores or any other ability

spore damage takes too long to ramp up due to the 10 enemies cap and decreases very fast + when you dare to recast spores it drops even more. increasing the cap is not a solution cause outside onslaught there's no increased enemy spawn

we got more nerfs and punishment than buffs and conveniences. as it seems we're not allowed to have fun in this game if we don't play frames like Excalibur which plays like "press 4 once and then button mash E, or if you're smart use macro"

wow saryn is so much worse post 3.5  what the #*!%. it just feels bad and awkward. and melee doesnt feel as good either (frankly the slated change of trying to make "charge attacks" meta or whatever is an utterly garbage idea. you guys are frankly driving the game into the dirt) i think its smart of me to just walk away now. deuces.

and now when i am in star map  my  sontroler left stick work  as pointer and zoom in and zoom out  😄 REALY !!! CMON GEAVE  US  BACK OLD CONTROLL INTERFACE BECAUS ETHIS ONE IS PLAIN STUPID  AND MAKING MEE DONT WANT TOO PLAY 

Since you're on a bit of a roll nerfing Warframes that ruin the experience for other players like Saryn and Ember you should now maybe give consideration to Nova and Equinox. The fact remains that they're simply too strong. Nova with her Molecular Prime can easily destroy entire maps' worth of enemies in the blink of an eye, the same can be said for Equinox to an even greater extent, they're far too strong and ruin the experience for anyone running either normal missions or Onslaught, the latter of which is meant to be an arcadey type of fun mission. Banshee, Equinox and Nova remain as the really bad ones to run into in any mission because they trivialise and/or outright ruin missions with their powers as opposed to having them used as tools to improve the gameplay. Equinox especially as she can nuke entire waves of enemies and leave everyone else annoyed and frustrated, having done nothing to help the team in this team-based MMO. To a lesser extent Warframes like Mag, Trinity with her link build, Zephyr, Mirage with her lasers, Rhino and Volt's ult are candidates as well. They can take over the responsibilities of the whole team and trivialise a mission, meanwhile Warframes like Chroma, Oberon, Titania and Excalibur have nothing to do. To this end I propose the following:

Remove them from the game. Don't nerf them into uselessness. No one's going to use Saryn now, which is good, but she's still around taking space. Don't need her, delete her. Start taking out Warframes you think are boring and players think are fun instead of nerfing them, at least they'll live on still playable in our memories. What a terrible development team are you when every decision is half-assed, every major abritrary and unnecessary change is forced and then damage-controlled or ignored entirely despite community outcry, a community you claim to listen to at every turn but then actually turn around and ignore, or outright spite for the hell of it. God damn.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

With that said however it should be noted that the controller issues are still there, the old system with the shortcuts was the best it's ever been but in an attempt to copy Destiny 2's awful virtual mouse scheme you've easily gone several steps back in terms of UI navigation and control. It takes several minutes to properly mod a weapon or Warframe where back with the previous system it was a matter of seconds navigating through the mods and weapons, etc. Roll back these unintuitive changes, they're a definite downgrade to what was a perfectly functioning system previously, barring a bug or two, like L1 and R1 not shifting pages properly, though that bug is still around so really you didn't do much to fix that did you? Also I maintain my stance that you should fire whoever came up with this grand idea, I had very little motivation to keep playing this game before this and now it's even less, to the point where logging in I notice the virtual mouse and have a strong urge to leave and play something else.

This is all likely moot though, as history has shown that despite claiming all over that you're always listening and taking in community feedback you never actually do so, and go by your own designs, and artistic vision to the extent of breaking promises, cherry-picking blindly positive feedback and ignoring constructive suggestions, much to the dismay of your players, especially the veterans you so lovingly claim to support and love. Even when you make a poll to decide something you'll ignore it and go with something else so at this point I'm really just wasting my time but hell it can't hurt to try given that I have a lot more free time now.

17 hours ago, Tadda said:

The majority of players didn't like the Sayrin rework and still not a single word about the feedback.

Tbh i liked the rework because i prefer lash molt saryn and completely ignore the other 2 abilities because theyre useless.

But thats of course because my playstyle ignores the problem

DE, what about fixing the problem on saryn that make multiple saryns at same match dont aply the spores on same targets? i sincerely dont care for its damage i just want to spread my corrosion everywhere, a thing that i cannot because if any other saryn show up the spores dont spread properly...

2 hours ago, Gandergear said:

Tbh i liked the rework because i prefer lash molt saryn and completely ignore the other 2 abilities because theyre useless.

But thats of course because my playstyle ignores the problem

i like the rework but hated this rework nerf, for me the most fun thing at this new saryn was spreading my corrosion everywhere, wich i cannot anymore without run a lot ;-; ( still love saryn just want the range back, it already dont spread when the spore kill the target no reason to take out the range too)

Since Spores no longer spread on kill, I propose returning the synergy with Toxic Lash where hitting enemies affected by Spores refund a bit of energy, like it had been pre-rework. She now requires much more frequent casting of Spores and is back to being very energy hungry. I've seen streamers with TWO max rank Arcane Energize run out of energy even at 100% Efficiency, when the majority of players has NO Energizes to begin with.

@Omega1084 these "selective" nerfs are the worst thing in this game. i mean "rework". that's how nerf is called in this game. in this PVE game that we should feel powerful "reworks" keep coming from every direction. Ember used to have a damage reduction ability that could reach 91%. it got removed but Mesa's damage reduction ability that can reach 95%(better than Ember's) is still there completely untouched. Ember's damage reduction was an issue but on Mesa it's perfectly fine. i don't say to remove Mesa's damage reduction ability to make it even, but why remove Ember's damage reduction ability? Equinox can do what Ember WoF can with 40+ meters range. Equinox can kill things from 40+ meters while Embers range went down to hell. only Equinox is allowed to have range. not Ember. Saryn was ok before the rework. after the rework "Saryn too stronk in Onslaught. rework her". i was gonna throw 4 forma in Saryn but i was missing 1 forma so i didn't start forma her. lucky me. i will forma Equinox instead. since i'm not allowed to have fun with Saryn i'll have fun with Equinox

59 minutes ago, Raijin83 said:

@Omega1084 these "selective" nerfs are the worst thing in this game. i mean "rework". that's how nerf is called in this game. in this PVE game that we should feel powerful "reworks" keep coming from every direction. Ember used to have a damage reduction ability that could reach 91%. it got removed but Mesa's damage reduction ability that can reach 95%(better than Ember's) is still there completely untouched. Ember's damage reduction was an issue but on Mesa it's perfectly fine. i don't say to remove Mesa's damage reduction ability to make it even, but why remove Ember's damage reduction ability? Equinox can do what Ember WoF can with 40+ meters range. Equinox can kill things from 40+ meters while Embers range went down to hell. only Equinox is allowed to have range. not Ember. Saryn was ok before the rework. after the rework "Saryn too stronk in Onslaught. rework her". i was gonna throw 4 forma in Saryn but i was missing 1 forma so i didn't start forma her. lucky me. i will forma Equinox instead. since i'm not allowed to have fun with Saryn i'll have fun with Equinox

Every decision DE ever makes is a half-assed bandaid to something else that causes more problems. If they took in feedback properly and had any idea how their own game actually played we could be having fun with every warframe but any time the grind becomes fun or efficient enough they gotta tune it back down, they need incentives to make us pay money that's all. Fun and money are mutually exclusive. I don't think they realise more people would buy and use plat if the game was more fun but nope, we get this instead. Coupled with the controller issues, my favourite warframe becoming this GOD AWFUL too is just killing my motivation even more, I barely even log in anymore I just look here for a hotfix hoping it fixes these awful decisions. They're being silent too, about this and the controllers so you know what that means right? You do if you've been around long enough, this is what they want, this is their vision, and you're outta luck if you think they'll change it for the better in the near future.

On 2018-05-24 at 5:02 PM, Tauni said:

Fantastic, Saryn's back to collecting dust for me if this is the last of the rework, which did nothing to address her biggest flaw. Still no cc. Damage is all fine and dandy, but you tend to need a little something called cc to stop enemies with peashooters from shredding you. 

There's a reason Saryn hid in corners. 

i dont know why your so upset, the meta still works as far as i can tell

just need to modify your modset to accomodate the changes

1 hour ago, Short_Temper said:

i dont know why your so upset, the meta still works as far as i can tell

just need to modify your modset to accomodate the changes

the frame is only good for melee+condition overload now and i don't care about this playstyle. i went to watch a few builds in youtube and every single video you watch builds the frame for melee. i rarely use melee. most of the times i don't even have melee weapon equipped

you guys made a mistake with the bombard/napalm "nerfs"

i think those changes should be reverted and their damage should actually be raised, still too many frames can survive a single bombard shot because one of the most exciting things is to have a bombard missile that you're unaware of hitting you from nowhere and killing you instantly, trust me the players actually love it when this happens

15 hours ago, Omega1084 said:

Since you're on a bit of a roll nerfing Warframes that ruin the experience for other players like Saryn and Ember you should now maybe give consideration to Nova and Equinox. The fact remains that they're simply too strong. Nova with her Molecular Prime can easily destroy entire maps' worth of enemies in the blink of an eye, the same can be said for Equinox to an even greater extent, they're far too strong and ruin the experience for anyone running either normal missions or Onslaught, the latter of which is meant to be an arcadey type of fun mission. Banshee, Equinox and Nova remain as the really bad ones to run into in any mission because they trivialise and/or outright ruin missions with their powers as opposed to having them used as tools to improve the gameplay. Equinox especially as she can nuke entire waves of enemies and leave everyone else annoyed and frustrated, having done nothing to help the team in this team-based MMO. To a lesser extent Warframes like Mag, Trinity with her link build, Zephyr, Mirage with her lasers, Rhino and Volt's ult are candidates as well. They can take over the responsibilities of the whole team and trivialise a mission, meanwhile Warframes like Chroma, Oberon, Titania and Excalibur have nothing to do. To this end I propose the following:

Remove them from the game. Don't nerf them into uselessness. No one's going to use Saryn now, which is good, but she's still around taking space. Don't need her, delete her. Start taking out Warframes you think are boring and players think are fun instead of nerfing them, at least they'll live on still playable in our memories. What a terrible development team are you when every decision is half-assed, every major abritrary and unnecessary change is forced and then damage-controlled or ignored entirely despite community outcry, a community you claim to listen to at every turn but then actually turn around and ignore, or outright spite for the hell of it. God damn.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

With that said however it should be noted that the controller issues are still there, the old system with the shortcuts was the best it's ever been but in an attempt to copy Destiny 2's awful virtual mouse scheme you've easily gone several steps back in terms of UI navigation and control. It takes several minutes to properly mod a weapon or Warframe where back with the previous system it was a matter of seconds navigating through the mods and weapons, etc. Roll back these unintuitive changes, they're a definite downgrade to what was a perfectly functioning system previously, barring a bug or two, like L1 and R1 not shifting pages properly, though that bug is still around so really you didn't do much to fix that did you? Also I maintain my stance that you should fire whoever came up with this grand idea, I had very little motivation to keep playing this game before this and now it's even less, to the point where logging in I notice the virtual mouse and have a strong urge to leave and play something else.

This is all likely moot though, as history has shown that despite claiming all over that you're always listening and taking in community feedback you never actually do so, and go by your own designs, and artistic vision to the extent of breaking promises, cherry-picking blindly positive feedback and ignoring constructive suggestions, much to the dismay of your players, especially the veterans you so lovingly claim to support and love. Even when you make a poll to decide something you'll ignore it and go with something else so at this point I'm really just wasting my time but hell it can't hurt to try given that I have a lot more free time now.

You're exactly the type of player #*!%1ng this game up. Oooh I played a mission where someone killed more enemies than me, nerf. That frame is too tanky, nerf. That frame has a buff that's too strong, nerf. You've literally listed every good frame and asked them to be nerfed. Go play something else you crybaby, this game is about feeling powerful. If you get your wish it will take 3 minutes to kill each enemy. Jog on...

2 hours ago, JonH007 said:

You're exactly the type of player #*!%1ng this game up. Oooh I played a mission where someone killed more enemies than me, nerf. That frame is too tanky, nerf. That frame has a buff that's too strong, nerf. You've literally listed every good frame and asked them to be nerfed. Go play something else you crybaby, this game is about feeling powerful. If you get your wish it will take 3 minutes to kill each enemy. Jog on...

you completely misunderstood his/her comment. comments like that are sarcastic cause we're supposed to feel powerful in this game and frames like Saryn and Ember get nerfed. just 1 ability of Saryn got like 3-4 nerfs and 1 punishment. tell me how many Ember's you see. at least 80% dropped that frame after the nerf

Archived