Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 where are the new combos?

Mayahai

Where are the new stances/combos? Why is channeling still in the game? What about the directional ground slam attacks?

The changes I have been looking forward to have simply not been implemented.

What happened to the blocking? And, did all melee weapons across the board even get a base damage buff? I don't feel it and I don't see it.

2 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

They..didn't drop melee 3.0? The only change was melee through objects and walls.

Not the only change. They also Clemmed up the combo system, without even making the charged attack faster to execute.

The only reason I am not screaming my lungs out with rage is because Bloodrush and Berserker still work as they always did and apply their bonuses to light attacks as well, however, it still feels a nerf. I used to hit much harder with the Venka Prime because the base damage didn't get a buff and damage doesn't scale anymore.

Edited by Mayahai

10 minutes ago, Mayahai said:

Not the only change. They also Clemmed up the combo system, without even making the charged attack faster to execute.

The only reason I am not screaming my lungs out with rage is because Bloodrush and Berserker still work as they always did and apply their bonuses to light attacks as well, however, it still feels a nerf. I used to hit much harder with the Venka Prime because the base damage didn't get a buff and damage doesn't scale anymore.

What's happened to the combo system? Must've missed it in the recent notes.

13 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

DE decided to implement the nerf first without all the actual interesting changes. I don't know why.

Well I'm rather glad they got the object punchthrough thing out of the way so it's one less fire to burn when the other changes come as people would be used to it.

Edited by Valiant

de are working on alot of stuff right now. we never know exactly when someone is coming out. you just have to wait and hold out. but it should be soon tm as in this year atleast. not sure if before or after tenno con, as we know they are working on sacrifice to be out before the end of the month, venus plains to be ready enough to show of at tenno con and a secret project for tenno con aswell. plus other parts of de are working on other stuff, we also have a ui overhaul on the way. you just have to wait it out. 

1 minute ago, Valiant said:

Well I'm rather glad they got the object punchthrough thing out of the way so it's one less fire to burn when the other changes come as people would be used to it.

fingers cross they touch it up alot, right now you can not kill things that spawn on your back until you look at them, aswell as you can lean around corners and still kill things through walls. (its fake punchthrough, its all line of sight based)

5 hours ago, KirukaChan said:

DE decided to implement the nerf first without all the actual interesting changes. I don't know why.

Yeah you do. Everyone knows why. They implemented the nerf first because that was what they were expecting the single biggest backlash on and what they anticipated to be most damaging. They wanted to see just how much negative feedback they got, which from what I can see is approximately 30 to 35% hate it, 30 to 35% are indifferent, a solid 15% don't know it happened and the rest worship De's every decision. 

They want to see if they're going to be forced to pull the nerfs before they build a whole system around them. Personally I'm hoping they are forced to pull the nerfs because they're hurting the game rather then saving it when they could have just set a cap on the maximum range of a weapon based on "base range" plus the effect of un-nerfed prime reach, and make it so nothing can extend range further... and set punch through to 1.5 to prevent it getting caught on physics and corpses. Prevents people sitting in corners spinning without breaking peoples enjoyment of the game.

But yeah they released the nerfs in front because they expect bad feedback and if the feedback is bad enough it's going to have to go away, and they're not going to build a platform on top of a failed idea that's hurting their game... That is to say, they're making a wise decision by seeing how this is received before they do anything more.

5 hours ago, Mayahai said:

Where are the new stances/combos? Why is channeling still in the game? What about the directional ground slam attacks?

The changes I have been looking forward to have simply not been implemented.

What happened to the blocking? And, did all melee weapons across the board even get a base damage buff? I don't feel it and I don't see it.

expect them to be included in the next mainline (probably mid-june but your guess is as good as mine).

Likely the mainline will include only the melee overhaul + other minor changes but with the recent teasing of what quests you need to complete to do the sacrifice that may be included as well.