Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random aggressive behavior

Zareek

10 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

He had no interest in that deal tho? Which he stated. So you being polite about it doesnt change anything. Was he too quick to ignore? Probably. But consider that you might not be the first who asked that, and others coulda asked that just to troll, maybe then you reconsider whether him ignoring you extreme or not.

You never know what lies behind someones behavior. Im not upset though, I just thought it was funny. Me being friendly towards someone and get an ignore smacked in my face.

11 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

There was nothing even remotely "agressive" in any mentioned conversations.

And all you really do is annoy the fck out of people. Most hang in the trade chat not to make small talks. They want grofit. That's all they care about and you waste their time.

Not even gonna ask how you can walk on the streets and stuff being that sensitive.

You can be aggressive in many ways. I wasnt refering to it as him being angry 🙂

Edited by Zareek

vor einer Stunde schrieb Zareek:

Greetings!

Something funny just happened to me. It happens that ill look in trade chat, and contact people about their items. Sometimes to ask what its worth etc. And it happens people get annoyed or downright angry, if you contact them without the intend to buy.  It also happens that ill say something like "Hey sorry to bother you, I was wondering where you got that item from?" and they reply "OFFER????".

Now I don't blame anyone here. If they are busy, and trying to handle a bunch of deals, having to deal with a random idiot such as myself, asking a question, might be a bit irritating. But today something truely funny happened, and I wanted to share it.

Im basically trying to sell a Mag Prime set for cheap money. They go for about 179p and up. This guy was selling his for 300p, along with a long list of other sets. Since I havent been able to sell mine, I was thinking of a little plan here. If this guy are selling sets left and right, maybe he is actually getting good money for it. So if I sell him mine for cheap, he can resell and make a profit. So I contact him, asking if he had sold more than 1 mag prime set yet. He reply with "300".  I then ask if he had sold one that expensive yet, and that the lowest is 179, and he reply I SELL 300. This is what comes after

1234.jpg?width=923&height=519

I blurred his name out as appropriate. His responds to this whole thing was so aggressive that I found myself laughing afterwards. I have nothing against the guy either.

PS. I just realized I forgot to say "day" when I wished him a good day!

Yeah, you were incredibly polite, almost verging on sarcasm (or not). I doubt his behaviour was that random... It doesn't help that we don't see the preceding conversation, either.

So you tried to sell to one overpricing seller the same items at a lower if still too high price in the hope that he's a bigger idiot than the idiot he was waiting for. Big story.

At the beginning of your post you mentioned something funny happened to you. What was it?

5 minutes ago, Toran said:

Yeah, you were incredibly polite, almost verging on sarcasm (or not). I doubt his behaviour was that random... It doesn't help that we don't see the preceding conversation, either.

So you tried to sell to one overpricing seller the same items at a lower if still too high price in the hope that he's a bigger idiot than the idiot he was waiting for. Big story.

At the beginning of your post you mentioned something funny happened to you. What was it?

I explained in my post what was said 🙂 I found it funny that such an innocent conversation could lead to me being ignored. It was random. Maybe you dont find it funny, to each our own.

2 hours ago, Zareek said:

Greetings!

Something funny just happened to me. It happens that ill look in trade chat, and contact people about their items. Sometimes to ask what its worth etc. And it happens people get annoyed or downright angry, if you contact them without the intend to buy.  It also happens that ill say something like "Hey sorry to bother you, I was wondering where you got that item from?" and they reply "OFFER????".

Now I don't blame anyone here. If they are busy, and trying to handle a bunch of deals, having to deal with a random idiot such as myself, asking a question, might be a bit irritating. But today something truely funny happened, and I wanted to share it.

Im basically trying to sell a Mag Prime set for cheap money. They go for about 179p and up. This guy was selling his for 300p, along with a long list of other sets. Since I havent been able to sell mine, I was thinking of a little plan here. If this guy are selling sets left and right, maybe he is actually getting good money for it. So if I sell him mine for cheap, he can resell and make a profit. So I contact him, asking if he had sold more than 1 mag prime set yet. He reply with "300".  I then ask if he had sold one that expensive yet, and that the lowest is 179, and he reply I SELL 300. This is what comes after

I blurred his name out as appropriate. His responds to this whole thing was so aggressive that I found myself laughing afterwards. I have nothing against the guy either.

^^^Everything you listed above is why I hate trade chat.  I have given away items just because trade chat is so cancerous.  

Some people just want to sell and get what they need to get, then get back to playing the game. If someone is selling something for twice the price, give them your offer once and if they don't like it don't argue with them just let them learn the hard way that they aren't going to sell it for that much. They may even get back to you once they figure it out. You should be able to make a deal in the time of an elevator pitch, go to dojo, trade, leave. Don't try to have a discussion that's what region chat is for. 

Sometimes its just weird behavior.Had this kind of experience alot of times

Last one was 2 days ago.Wanted to buy a mod and someone offered it me.I made an offer (cheapest price on wfmarket) and omg was he upset.I lowball him and this mod is way more worth and blablabla.Then i wanted to tell him that the price is from wfmarket.Then he wrote the seller is always afk and other weird stuff.Then i wanted to write "Ok?"

But the nice tasty message "player is ignoring you" come to daylight.

Best one ever was.I was searching for something and he jjust wrote "60".I wrote "55".Then after a while i wrote "?" .User is gnoring you. 🙂

Some people are just super aggressive and im happy they ignore me so i will never ever have to bother with them again.

Edited by K0bra

3 hours ago, Zareek said:

Greetings!

They are everywhere, my guess also is that he was not a native English speaker, those responses feel... lacking.
Was contact initiated from the trade chat, or WF.Market? If the market what was his Rep?

Now before you say it; yes Rep on WF.Market matters, I know it's stupid, I know it makes no sense but I have about 120 rep on the market (ATM) and sell my prime sets for 50-80 more than the lowest asking price... (2 Ash P. for 200 & Ember P. for 220 yesterday). I've asked buyers in the past why they chose me, and they mention Rep...

Also Mag seems to not be a big seller ATM (for me anyway, as I was getting low on sets and increased her price) I have mine up for 230p ATM but was selling them for 200 60+ days ago, and my last Mag sale is was the 26th of March. Her Average Price today is about 160p and there are about 40 recorded sales a day.

Edited by Carnage2K4

16 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

They are everywhere, my guess also is that he was not a native English speaker, those responses feel... lacking.
Was contact initiated from the trade chat, or WF.Market? If the market what was his Rep?

Now before you say it; yes Rep on WF.Market matters, I know it's stupid, I know it makes no sense but I have about 120 rep on the market (ATM) and sell my prime sets for 50-80 more than the lowest asking price... (2 Ash P. for 200 & Ember P. for 220 yesterday). I've asked buyers in the past why they chose me, and they mention Rep...

Also Mag seems to not be a big seller ATM (for me anyway, as I was getting low on sets and increased her price) I have mine up for 230p ATM but was selling them for 200 60+ days ago, and my last Mag sale is was the 26th of March. Her Average Price today is about 160p and there are about 40 recorded sales a day.

From the trade chat, not WF market 🙂 Doesnt matter either way, its really not a problem.

I would get upset too if someone randomly sent me messages wondering if I wanted to buy items cheap when my trade chat add obviously didnt indicate that. If I post an add saying I wanna sell x things then that is what I wanna do. If I was looking to buy stuff I would add that in my post aswell.

What you did is on the level of telemarketing but through text.

The person was rude, but I understand why.

When I do my trading, it's usually in one or two random "bursts" during a month. That means I'm trying to get my trades in as fast as possible and get the hell out of my dojo. Sometimes buyers think that they are the only person you're dealing with and suddenly they want to add me as a friend, join my clan, tour my dojo, have a conversation and I'm expected to break out the good china and the samovar. It's a catch-22 because I'm grateful they did business with me and want them to come back, but I may have two other trades lined up after them. I swear the smart Tenno are the ones that amass huge amounts of plat that they may never have to enter trade chat again if they so choose.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

The person was rude, but I understand why.

When I do my trading, it's usually in one or two random "bursts" during a month. That means I'm trying to get my trades in as fast as possible and get the hell out of my dojo. Sometimes buyers think that they are the only person you're dealing with and suddenly they want to add me as a friend, join my clan, tour my dojo, have a conversation and I'm expected to break out the good china and the samovar. It's a catch-22 because I'm grateful they did business with me and want them to come back, but I may have two other trades lined up after them. I swear the smart Tenno are the ones that amass huge amounts of plat that they may never have to enter trade chat again if they so choose.

Cultural values clash, it sounds like - for instance, when it comes to business meetings, Germans tend to be straight to business, while Brits and Americans like to chew the fat a bit before getting down to business. Of course, I'd totally want to hang out with you for a good while, but I'd be willing to wait 'til you're no longer occupied and have free time - then, if we felt like we were hitting it off, we could see about doing some missions or something at a later date.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I would get upset too if someone randomly sent me messages wondering if I wanted to buy items cheap when my trade chat add obviously didnt indicate that. If I post an add saying I wanna sell x things then that is what I wanna do. If I was looking to buy stuff I would add that in my post aswell.

Sounds a little extreme haha. A lot of people buy cheap and sell higher. It's a common practice in these types of markets. Simply asking if they are interested and then accepting a no, is nto considered rude in my book.

9 hours ago, Valiant said:

To be fair you could flip that and say the person suddenly wacking on /ignore is oversensitive.

Not really, they're just a trader trying to keep their chat alerts not flooded with people trying to offer a trade their not interested in.

12 hours ago, Zareek said:

Greetings!

They go for about 179 and up lol. Please dont tell me you are looking at prices online. 

12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Really though? You would get upset?
Cmon... "lol umm, na bro, I'll pass" is the only response that is required... what is to be upset about?

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Really though? You would get upset?
Cmon... "lol umm, na bro, I'll pass" is the only response that is required... what is to be upset about?

He did write 'no interest'. That should be the end of the conversation. I don't want to be rude, either, but I'm on PS4 and typing is a time-consuming issue. Even when I hook up my smartphone via bluetooth. To respond in a polite way to every 'troll' (because that's what OP comes across, imo), is just too much hassle when you have multiple tabs open.

Had a guy looking to buy spring loaded blade,  so I messaged him with asking for an offer on mine cause I want sure what it went for, and he replied "lol no". So I say "isn't this what you were looking for?" And he immediately gets posed with me and says "no give me an offer or f**k off!" And so I told him "I was just trying to see what you were willing to pay since I didn't know how much it was going for, but if you're gonna be rude you can go farm it yourself then like everyone else." And he starts spamming me with various insults like "lol broke b**ch" and "f***in p**sy" and then hits ignore before I can do anything.

Honestly trade chat is the easiest way to have the game ruined for you, everyone is so hostile, rude, and just downright greedy and disrespectful it makes you never want to touch it again.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Jizza said:

He did write 'no interest'. That should be the end of the conversation. I don't want to be rude, either, but I'm on PS4 and typing is a time-consuming issue. Even when I hook up my smartphone via bluetooth. To respond in a polite way to every 'troll' (because that's what OP comes across, imo), is just too much hassle when you have multiple tabs open.

Troll?
What the even are you talking about...
Well, second class citizen console issues don't really matter... < That is what a troll comment looks like.

I trade very rarely normally with mods augments common place convenience things that slip peoples minds i sell a weapon here a prime set there mostly parts since i hoard like a scavenger sometimes give out endo statues with a trade here and there maybe a fish if space allows it and the person is fine with it. I've dealt with non English speakers and attempt adapting around that to communicate (as far as google translate) I've yet to run into a rude person. The most I've sold a item for is 200-250 idr though so maybe i'm flying under the radar since when i need plat i'm very minimalist about it and goal for the exact amount i need no more no less