Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random aggressive behavior

Zareek

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

Ignoring someone is not aggressive behaviour, it's defensive behaviour. Coming onto the forums to gossip about other people is, however, aggressive behaviour.

I would agree if his name was showing, and I was upset about what happened 😛

Why does an aggressor have to be upset?

That makes no sense. I think you need to reconsider how you classify behaviours.

And whether you've identified them or not is irrelevant.

Edited by schilds

51 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Troll?

Yes. If I'm selling something, don't ask me if I"m buying. I'm not. I clearly stated that in my 'advertisement'. If you still come up to me asking questions I don't feel like making time for to answer and put me on a public forum, you're a troll. Or very much differently raised.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Jizza said:

Yes. If I'm selling something, don't ask me if I"m buying. I'm not. I clearly stated that in my 'advertisement'. If you still come up to me asking questions I don't feel like making time for to answer and put me on a public forum, you're a troll. Or very much differently raised.

No, that's not what a troll is. Because he's asking a question not attempting to entice an emotional response via a purposefully provocative statement. Please revise your understanding of what a troll is.

Edited by Carnage2K4

2 hours ago, schilds said:

Why does an aggressor have to be upset?

That makes no sense. I think you need to reconsider how you classify behaviours.

And whether you've identified them or not is irrelevant.

I wont claim to know everything about the specific classifications when it comes to behavior. However, this thread was never meant to target anyone, just point out what I thought to be a funny responds to an innocent conversation.

6 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Really though? You would get upset?
Cmon... "lol umm, na bro, I'll pass" is the only response that is required... what is to be upset about?

If the guy simply sent the message that he was willing to sell x thing cheap to me to resell as his first tell, then I wouldnt get upset or even bother to answer. But starting a convo that may get me to think he is actually interested and then keeping on trying to sell something to me I would get pissed because he wasted my time without any interest to buy what I was selling.

This is what the OP did as can be seen by his his chatlog. He had a "lengthy" conversation with the guy before he finaly decided to try and sell something to the guy that wasnt interested in buying to begin with. If you wanna sell things cheap just do it in chat. Maybe someone that actually needs the thing will buy it if your price is fair instead of trying to fish for buyers through PMing people that arent even advertising they are interested in buying.

12 hours ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Not really, they're just a trader trying to keep their chat alerts not flooded with people trying to offer a trade their not interested in.

Really. He's messaged him about something, didn't like it and instead of saying he wasn't interested and leaving it at that - like a normal person - he's gone straight for a block. Sensitive with no leeway. Again, doubt he was overwhelmed with chats...

Just like my experience in my first post. I wasn't being unreasonable and instead he's just flat out been rude and /ignored. Now again that seems unreasonable and sensitive to me.

Цитата

Now before you say it; yes Rep on WF.Market matters, I know it's stupid, I know it makes no sense but I have about 120 rep on the market (ATM) and sell my prime sets for 50-80 more than the lowest asking price... (2 Ash P. for 200 & Ember P. for 220 yesterday). I've asked buyers in the past why they chose me, and they mention Rep...

The people who wind up with insanely high reputation are either selling for low as ****, boost their reputation by asking each customer to vote for them or, which I probably never experienced prolly, being overly friendly overly polite overly cheerful and spouting g'day, thank you very much, have a nice day and stuff.

So in reality, the only reputation that amtter is insanely low one indicating a scammer or a bot. The rest is irrelevant.

Цитата

Really. He's messaged him about something, didn't like it and instead of saying he wasn't interested and leaving it at that - like a normal person - he's gone straight for a block. Sensitive with no leeway. Again, doubt he was overwhelmed with chats...

I mean unlike op who wrote an essay about it on the forums.

Oh the irony.

Edited by -Temp0-

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

The people who wind up with insanely high reputation are either selling for low as ****, boost their reputation by asking each customer to vote for them or, which I probably never experienced prolly, being overly friendly overly polite overly cheerful and spouting g'day, thank you very much, have a nice day and stuff.

So in reality, the only reputation that amtter is insanely low one indicating a scammer or a bot. The rest is irrelevant.

I mean unlike op who wrote an essay about it on the forums.

Oh the irony.

This is hardly an essay. Just wanted to share something I found funny. And on a brighter side, it got some discussions going on. Thats what the forum is about after all.

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

If the guy simply sent the message that he was willing to sell x thing cheap to me to resell as his first tell, then I wouldnt get upset or even bother to answer. But starting a convo that may get me to think he is actually interested and then keeping on trying to sell something to me I would get pissed because he wasted my time without any interest to buy what I was selling.

This is what the OP did as can be seen by his his chatlog. He had a "lengthy" conversation with the guy before he finaly decided to try and sell something to the guy that wasnt interested in buying to begin with. If you wanna sell things cheap just do it in chat. Maybe someone that actually needs the thing will buy it if your price is fair instead of trying to fish for buyers through PMing people that arent even advertising they are interested in buying.

It wasnt a lengthy conversation. It was maybe 4-5 sentences. Me asking him a question, him replying with something that didnt match the question whatsoever. Like asking someone "How are you" and you reply with "yes". I wanted to ask him if he was an active set seller, and then I told him why I contacted him. I dont consider that a lengthy and bothersome message. But hey, everyone is different. Some is more impatient and intolerant than others. I dont blame him.

Edited by Zareek

On 2018-05-26 at 9:34 PM, SneakyErvin said:

I'm not even going to bother with this, because you don't seem to have bothered to read the OP.
If you get "pissed" because some one is trying to have a conversation with your and all you can say is "300"... You have the problem.

Edited by Carnage2K4

13 hours ago, Zareek said:

This is hardly an essay. Just wanted to share something I found funny. And on a brighter side, it got some discussions going on. Thats what the forum is about after all.

It wasnt a lengthy conversation. It was maybe 4-5 sentences. Me asking him a question, him replying with something that didnt match the question whatsoever. Like asking someone "How are you" and you reply with "yes". I wanted to ask him if he was an active set seller, and then I told him why I contacted him. I dont consider that a lengthy and bothersome message. But hey, everyone is different. Some is more impatient and intolerant than others. I dont blame him.

But the same can be said about you. You sent him a message totally unrelated to what he actually wanted to accomplish. Personally I want to spend as little time trading as possible, so I'm not much for having others trying to sell me things when I am the seller. I simply wanna get it done. If you are willing to sell something cheap, why not simply do it in trade chat and make someone happy about the fact they got away with a frame purchase slightly cheaper.

Why would you wanna sell the "greedy" guy a cheap set to resell later on in the first place instead of selling it to someone that may actually use it? Seems ass backwards to me.

Edited by SneakyErvin

16 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But the same can be said about you. You sent him a message totally unrelated to what he actually wanted to accomplish. Personally I want to spend as little time trading as possible, so I'm not much for having others trying to sell me things when I am the seller. I simply wanna get it done. If you are willing to sell something cheap, why not simply do it in trade chat and make someone happy about the fact they got away with a frame purchase slightly cheaper.

Why would you wanna sell the "greedy" guy a cheap set to resell later on in the first place instead of selling it to someone that may actually use it? Seems ass backwards to me.

You're not the only one with that mentality. But the majority of people I message have no problem with it. Also, it's a common practice to buy cheap and seller higher. Personally thats not really something I do.

The reason I contacted him was because I had gone 2 days trying to sell it without luck. I never sell at full price, but I never had anyone contact me. I needed the plat, so I decided to ask someone if they wanted it for the buy cheap, sell higher kinda thing. Thats also why I asked him if he had sold those sets at that high of a price before. If he did, then it would be a win - win situation. It was supposed to be a nice gesture that would help the both of us.

People get offended over the smallest thing now a days xD

1 hour ago, Zareek said:

You're not the only one with that mentality. But the majority of people I message have no problem with it. Also, it's a common practice to buy cheap and seller higher. Personally thats not really something I do.

The reason I contacted him was because I had gone 2 days trying to sell it without luck. I never sell at full price, but I never had anyone contact me. I needed the plat, so I decided to ask someone if they wanted it for the buy cheap, sell higher kinda thing. Thats also why I asked him if he had sold those sets at that high of a price before. If he did, then it would be a win - win situation. It was supposed to be a nice gesture that would help the both of us.

People get offended over the smallest thing now a days xD

I gotta say one thing to be fair to you about what you did. This game has the nice addition of having several seperate tabs open whenever you get a tell. So in a way just ignoring someone (something I wont do anyway) isnt really needed. In your case he could have simply put your tell at the end of the line and taken care of the bids or tells of interest regarding what he sold, then after everything was done he could have seen what you had to say.

That is more likely the approach I would have taken. I wouldnt have ignored the user unless they sent me tell upon tell without me answering in between. At that point they simply get too pushy and cant take a simple hint that I'm probably busy with the actual trade in question etc.

And I do agree, people get way too easily offended these days, no matter if it is online or in the real world. I rarely get offended, I simply get ticked off and annoyed.