Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I tried trinity nuke build and..

Having been on both ends of a Castana Trin build, I can confirm that it is overwhelmingly powerful.  With the right build, no other setup can even come close.  It's also very dangerous and requires some practice.

However, power and ease of use are never the sole reasons for nerfs.  Mainly, things get nerfed when they prevent other players from playing the game.  Old school Ember prevented anyone else from participating in lower tier Exterminates.  Old school Resonating Quake Banshee prevented anyone else from participating in Interception and lower tier Defense.  You can argue about the effectiveness of their respective changes (Ember: yes, Banshee: no), but you can't deny they were preventing any other gameplay in their presence.  Doing that kind of thing in private squads with players that consent to getting carried is one thing, but joining pubs and doing that to players who are there because they want to play is simply begging for the nerf hammer.

All the Castana Trins I've seen are the same way.  I wouldn't have a problem if they could control themselves in pubs.   You don't have to nuke everything all the time; maybe support your squad and tank the heavies, like Link Trinity is intended, until it's clear they need DPS help.  But to jump right in and start wiping the map before anyone else has a chance to do anything is where "use" turns into "abuse", and it's why we can't have nice things.

3 minutes ago, Dead_Rabbits said:

Jeez, I guess most players idea of fun is trudging around every inch of the map and slowly widdling away at enemies with a base lato.

How terrible of them! their idea of fun should be looking down and self damaging themselves to kill their enemies.

5 hours ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

Miragulor... was a thing remember?

.....Thanks now I need to go buy more booze I had gotten rid of those awful memories. 

Ugh and now I'm remembering the clapper Limbo builds too that's gonna take even more booze to get out of my brain now

Edited by Nurmetya

Image result for facepalm gif

DE, just gut the **** system already.  this game is the cheesiest game i've played in the past decade. 

So what if this **** gets nerfed.  The next one will surface over the weekend.

Edited by AcceI

On 2018-05-26 at 3:55 AM, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

It isn't what I thought it to be.

I thought it would be a room clearing monster up to lv400s however I was wrong really wrong.

It is basically a trash mob killer and it takes time and resources to put the build together. If anything it gave castanas a reason to be used.

My build wasn't top tier or anything so maybe I might have not had the best build due to no forma sancti castanas however it killed your low tier enemies on hydron easily.

It takes alot of forma to put together a build that'll kill lv200s atleast 3 to 4 on trin and 2 on castanas.

Why is everyone crying to nerf this build it doesn't seem like it would hurt anyone?

You need to have abating link. If you don't have that, it's not a trin nuke build 

On 2018-05-25 at 9:28 AM, Trichouette said:

Did it ever occur to you that players want this removed because it prevents anyone to play as long as a trinity player is doing this ?

You come to warframe to have fun killing stuff and there is that one player that kill enemies so fast you can't even see them getting out of their spawn.

Yeah, except this argument is complete dung UNLESS you propose to remove every AOE (Area Of Effect) damage power in the game, and reduce all attacks to single target attacks. Is that what you're suggesting? Because otherwise what you're suggesting can't work, and doesn't. Players will find ways to make damage powers more damaging no matter what. There are about 8 warframes that can decimate entire maps... and that's just the warframes that I know about! There are probably a lot more.

DE tries to balance things, but when they make a change it often breaks something else or opens the door to another exploit. It's not an easy task, and I don't envy them.

That said, I've been on teams that were easily decimated because the AOE warframe on the team refused to use their AOE attacks... due to players on the team complaining about them. Those players were not happy campers, and blamed the AOE frame anyway for making the team lose by not using his powers. You can't win, man. People are just complainers. The best thing to do is play the way you want, let others play the way they want, and just try to have fun. 

On May 26, 2018 at 6:57 PM, VanFanel1980mx said:

I don't get it, even with the electric proc, does it really deal so much damage as to chain to every single enemy wave? because Link still only affects 3 enemies at a time.

It seems to bring the explosion aoe with it or something cause yes its wiping a lot more than 3 at a time.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

It seems to bring the explosion aoe with it or something cause yes its wiping a lot more than 3 at a time.

That's just multishot + procs as Link doesn't actually transfer AoE. In this case it should be noted that Castanas will automatically trigger and transfer an electric proc when attached to the ground/wall when detonated.

On 2018-05-25 at 8:55 AM, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

It isn't what I thought it to be.

I thought it would be a room clearing monster up to lv400s however I was wrong really wrong.

It is basically a trash mob killer and it takes time and resources to put the build together. If anything it gave castanas a reason to be used.

My build wasn't top tier or anything so maybe I might have not had the best build due to no forma sancti castanas however it killed your low tier enemies on hydron easily.

It takes alot of forma to put together a build that'll kill lv200s atleast 3 to 4 on trin and 2 on castanas.

Why is everyone crying to nerf this build it doesn't seem like it would hurt anyone?

Builds consist of Abating Link, the Augment for Link that allows Link to Strip Armor. Then, there’s the Castanas usually have a Riven for Damage. I think you may be missing that.

The trinity nuke build is a good thing for the community.

Maybe they will nullify this build by stopping self damage.

Maybe we'll be able to use the Prisma Angstrum or the Zarr etc without the constant fear of self mutilation.

Il y a 8 heures, TheBlackSpectre a dit :

Yeah, except this argument is complete dung UNLESS you propose to remove every AOE (Area Of Effect) damage power in the game, and reduce all attacks to single target attacks. Is that what you're suggesting? Because otherwise what you're suggesting can't work, and doesn't. Players will find ways to make damage powers more damaging no matter what. There are about 8 warframes that can decimate entire maps... and that's just the warframes that I know about! There are probably a lot more.

yeah obviously, because we can't have AOE abilities that don't destroy everything.

People only see white or black, as usual.

(by the way, trinity's link cheesy tactic isn't about AoE damage)

Edited by Trichouette

• 3 weeks later...