Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's Dive Bomb's ground impact

BasKy

Maybe I am using it wrong, but I find it really annoying that Dive Bomb doesn't actually stops my movement when hitting the floor in some occasions, and instead I end up much much further away than the place where I was aiming. This happens because in order for the explosion on impact to happen I need to aim it almost straight down. I think it would be much better if Zephyr could stop when touching the ground instead of sliding akwardly for all the remaining range.
It's even worse with high range builds because you just can't control it and I like having range on Zephyr.

I made a drawing because I don't trust my english :^)

Spoiler

Zephyr.jpg

On the left you can see a successful Hover jump and Dive bomb with the yellow explosion, on the right it's a player that aimed it further away and insted of landing where he aimed, he kept sliding to another location, usually one outside the map.

This was a problem that most people playing Zephyr predicted about this rework. Angle Detection is the only difference between the two casts, so if the angle isn't steep enough it's a Tailwind and you grind your face into the floor until the ability ends.

We've been asking for at least some kind of visual cue for the difference, but as-yet, nothing. All we'd like is something like a little change to the aiming reticle or something... just something to know when we're going to Dive Bomb, so we can do it reliably.