Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE hates Valkyr

stevengeance

12 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

well finaly. Im not alone in this mess. everyone ignore Valk. She have a ton of problems for years, yet no rework, no tweaks..no love form community, no tennogen skins. DE god f**** damm it, do something abot that allready! Give her good rework, turn mid lvl melee frame in unstopable rage machine with good survivability

Good survivability?  She can LITERALLY become INVINCIBLE! O_O

Also, Tennogen is player-made, so isn't DE's fault if none have been submitted that fit the bill.  

Только что, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu сказал:

Good survivability?  She can LITERALLY become INVINCIBLE! O_O

And thats why her ult was nerfed to the ground years ago. Outside that even Limbo can tank damage better(and he is terrible if you ask me)

5 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

And thats why her ult was nerfed to the ground years ago. Outside that even Limbo can tank damage better(and he is terrible if you ask me)

She literally has the highest Armor base of all frames (to my knowledge) AND can go invincible with her 4th.  I really don't see how that's able to be topped by any other frame.  Granted, if you don't kill everything you might have trouble when it wears off, but...well...Why are you killing everything?! 😛

She literally has the highest Armor base of all frames (to my knowledge) AND can go invincible with her 4th.  I really don't see how that's able to be topped by any other frame.  Granted, if you don't kill everything you might have trouble when it wears off, but...well...Why are you killing everything?! 😛

Lets see. 700 armor is good, but Inaros have 5k health, mass heal, cc. Choma have massive armor and damage buff, Rihno can use iron skin and thats more legit god mode + damage buff + AOE cc.

What Valkyr have. No cc, somewhat useable armor buff and melee speed, useless stun and GOD MODE with downgraded melee and insane energy drain, Dont you think she is not doing her job well? Sadly, but she is forgoten by DE and time. She have no place in team. Hell, even Wukong can do her job better, cus he have less problems and more fair god mode and useable ult

1 minute ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Lets see. 700 armor is good, but Inaros have 5k health, mass heal, cc. Choma have massive armor and damage buff, Rihno can use iron skin and thats more legit god mode + damage buff + AOE cc.

What Valkyr have. No cc, somewhat useable armor buff and melee speed, useless stun and GOD MODE with downgraded melee and insane energy drain, Dont you think she is not doing her job well? Sadly, but she is forgoten by DE and time. She have no place in team. Hell, even Wukong can do her job better, cus he have less problems and more fair god mode and useable ult

Iron Skin has limited health, no matter how much it is.  Invincible = Infinite Health.  Infinity is always more than limited numbers.

As for CC, use your weapons.  She's not a CC frame, persay.  It's apples and oranges.

Regardless, I don't get why everyone has to be like "x frame is a weaker version of y frame!"

Valkyr is Valkyr.  For her theme, she does a great job.  I enjoy playing with her, and never felt like "this is so trash".  Not once. 

When I'm faced with a crowd, I can use her 2 and 3 and wipe 'em out.  4 if we're getting overwhelmed or I need to revive (before I had operator).  Her 1 is awesome for mobility, and just for the fun of pulling a "Scorpion" and yanking enemies around.

It's all about mindset.  Is she the best for -everything-.  No, absolutely not.  But is she a fantastic frame than can hold her own?  Of freakin' course!

3 hours ago, TrashSpider said:

I think you're focusing on the wrong stat if you care about her shield. May I add you can also go into spoiler mode and deal with the nully? Don't force push a pull door without considering other methods. 

Pretty sure shields are harder to damage than health, so can be beneficial.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

The wiki says Paralysis only costs 5 energy to cast. Is it outdated perhaps?

Perhaps, but I run max blind rage and no flow, so it isn't cheap for all her abilities so need to be conservative. Especially for having shorter range.

As for CC, use your weapons.  She's not a CC frame, persay.  It's apples and oranges.

Her ripline suposte to be cc tool. Her paralysis is cc tool but its so weak...

Valkyr is Valkyr.  For her theme, she does a great job.  I enjoy playing with her, and never felt like "this is so trash".  Not once

In time before update 13? Yep. In time betwen update 13 and hysterya "rework" a.k.a "Oh S#&$ we forgot about Valk! Her ult is using melee 1.0" - just like nowdays. In time before Hysterya massive nerf - it was damm good if you ask me. Now - meh

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Iron Skin has limited health, no matter how much it is.  Invincible = Infinite Health.  Infinity is always more than limited numbers.

Regardless, I don't get why everyone has to be like "x frame is a weaker version of y frame!"

Valkyr is Valkyr.  For her theme, she does a great job.  I enjoy playing with her, and never felt like "this is so trash".  Not once. 

When I'm faced with a crowd, I can use her 2 and 3 and wipe 'em out.  4 if we're getting overwhelmed or I need to revive (before I had operator).  Her 1 is awesome for mobility, and just for the fun of pulling a "Scorpion" and yanking enemies around.

It's all about mindset.  Is she the best for -everything-.  No, absolutely not.  But is she a fantastic frame than can hold her own?  Of freakin' course!

Valkyr literally defined godmode years ago..So it's hard for old players to grasp her current state, because they enjoyed her game type in the past. She's still my favorite frame and is definitely my go to when I can play her if I am not leveling things up. She really isn't appreciated by lots of the community for team comps though. She literally doesn't need a total rework, just a small tweak on 3 itself would be great enough to bring her to the light. I'm not complaining, I am sure DE will get to her eventually.

2 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Its exact oposite of that. Armor dont benefit shields at all.

I'm just going based off the index. Harder to take down their shields and then health is like pop, dead. Would make sense if they don't got armor at any rate.

Только что, stevengeance сказал:

I'm just going based off the index. Harder to take down their shields and then health is like pop, dead. Would make sense if they don't got armor at any rate.

dont compare warframe shields and enemy shields. Warframes allways have worst type of shields and armor.

And on Index enemy have tons of shields and you probably using corrosive/toxic.

Armor and Vitality are ALWAYS more important than Shields, because once shields are down, or if you have effects like Toxin bypassing shields (or Nightmare mode) you're screwed.

As for why her Paralysis might seem "slow" to cast.  I believe the idea of using it in that way was to create one of those cinematic "slo-mo" moments you'd see in an action flick where the hero has a burst of speed and aggression and everything just slows down, throwing the enemy off-balance before the hero counter-attacks.

Just a thought, though.

Regardless, my gf has an unleveled base Valkyr (she's new to the game) and I hopped on and played out a Defense mission for her earlier and decimated everything, using entire kit, getting best numbers of the squad.

That is NOT a brag, I'm just pointing out she has plenty of potential.  Her 3 came in handy quite often for CC. and her 2 helped me fight back and cut down the mobs as they crowded me. 

Just now, NoLazyShadow said:

ill deal with you later 

That'll be cute to see.

Do you think Valk promlems's funny? Your beloved Wukong can face the same fate

No, I find your attitude funny.

Wukong is already in the same if not arguably worse state. Your complete dismissal of his problems is hilarious, especially the bit where you called me ''lucky''. :crylaugh:

DE don't hate Valkyr, she's received a fair bit of attention over the years and is a better team-player over Wukong any day. Am I saying she hasn't got problems? No. She certainly does. But you're acting like she's the only frame that's got problems.

In comparison with other frames she has much more problems. And with melee 3.0 she gonna have even more problems

Yeah, that's almost objectively not true, I mean hey, you even mention skin quantity, if that isn't grasping I don't know what is. :crylaugh:

Whatever though.

What exactly do you aim to solve with this thread? Because for a thread in General Discussion you don't really seem all that open to discussing. 

Только что, DeMonkey сказал:

Yeah, that's almost objectively not true, I mean hey, you even mention skin quantity, if that isn't grasping I don't know what is. :crylaugh:

Whatever though.

What exactly do you aim to solve with this thread? Because for a thread in General Discussion you don't really seem all that open to discussing. 

Me? Thats not my thread.

1 minute ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Me? Thats not my thread.

Hmmm, good point. I take back the final bit then.

Kinda curious as to why you decided to only comment on that single point though. Nothing else to say? 

Edited by DeMonkey

Только что, DeMonkey сказал:

Kinda curious as to why you decided to only comment on that single point though. Nothing else to say? 

Not really. We need to talk about her rework. Otherwhise DE will keep ignoring Valk for years

Il y a 5 heures, NoLazyShadow a dit :

Her ripline suposte to be cc tool.

Says who ? oO

Of course you don't CROWD control with a power that can only target ONE enemy !

Il y a 5 heures, NoLazyShadow a dit :

In comparison with other frames she has much more problems.

"inspiiiire..."
WUKONGZEPHYRHYDROIDATLASEVERY#*!%INARCHWINGSASHGARAIVARAKHORAFREAKINLIMBONEZHATITANIANYX
...fuiou. Probably forgot one or two.

No but seriously, guys.
We JUST have a massive S#&$storm because of the rework of a GOOD frame, with Saryn... And I don't want the same thing to happen again, especially to one of my main frames. x)

Valkyr IS a good frame. Has always been. Let's keep it that way.