Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE hates Valkyr

stevengeance

1 minute ago, CaptainMeowth said:

And I don't want the same thing to happen again, especially to one of my main frames. x)

Valkyr IS a good frame. Has always been. Let's keep it that way.

Somewhat agree with you there.....

Valkyr is my go to frame. But she also needs changes. Both to her 2 and how melee works in her 4....and 1 is something I never use because it lacks any useful utility. But a rework by DE? Kind of not looking forward to that. 

Her 4 might be solved with the announced intention to mod separately for exalted weapons. And that might just be enough to keep me not minding her useless 1 and lackluster 2. 

7 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Choma have massive armor and damage buff, 

Chroma is a joke now compare to Valkyr.

If DE make Valkyr’s one Snergize mote with her abilities, fix the bugs and definitely a faster cast time with her 4, and a recastable 2, she would be, IMO, close to perfect. Valkyr has been my Maiwaifu for a while and have a special place for my heart. 

Edited by VPrime96

9 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

dont compare warframe shields and enemy shields. Warframes allways have worst type of shields and armor.

And on Index enemy have tons of shields and you probably using corrosive/toxic.

Nah I actually use shield disruption mod aura, it works better. At least to my knowledge it has.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Armor and Vitality are ALWAYS more important than Shields, because once shields are down, or if you have effects like Toxin bypassing shields (or Nightmare mode) you're screwed.

As for why her Paralysis might seem "slow" to cast.  I believe the idea of using it in that way was to create one of those cinematic "slo-mo" moments you'd see in an action flick where the hero has a burst of speed and aggression and everything just slows down, throwing the enemy off-balance before the hero counter-attacks.

Just a thought, though.

Regardless, my gf has an unleveled base Valkyr (she's new to the game) and I hopped on and played out a Defense mission for her earlier and decimated everything, using entire kit, getting best numbers of the squad.

That is NOT a brag, I'm just pointing out she has plenty of potential.  Her 3 came in handy quite often for CC. and her 2 helped me fight back and cut down the mobs as they crowded me. 

I play Valkyr on my sorties and get numbers higher than everyone put together.. Meaning 70%, that all depends on the players and your teammates. If it's on your girlfriend's account you are probably playing with newbies to add on top of that! Late game Valkyr with maximum mods and I live off of eternal war. Paralysis does nothing good to me because when you are swarmed all the heavy mobs sit in the back. You can use your abilities as you see fitting, but most people will agree to say that her 3rd cast is not too viable. 

8 hours ago, seprent said:

More of a harrow man myself BUT my GF loves it when i give her valkyr prime 50% crit chance unlimited power is attained well in the case of viciously killing things with melee attacks

That's the beauty of her 🙂

4 hours ago, CaptainMeowth said:

Says who ? oO

Of course you don't CROWD control with a power that can only target ONE enemy !

"inspiiiire..."
WUKONGZEPHYRHYDROIDATLASEVERY#*!%INARCHWINGSASHGARAIVARAKHORAFREAKINLIMBONEZHATITANIANYX
...fuiou. Probably forgot one or two.

No but seriously, guys.
We JUST have a massive S#&$storm because of the rework of a GOOD frame, with Saryn... And I don't want the same thing to happen again, especially to one of my main frames. x)

Valkyr IS a good frame. Has always been. Let's keep it that way.

I like her how she is despite taking all the nerfs, but her 3 is the biggest issue. It can be changed into something that is more team oriented. Look at rhino he sits on teams and presses 2 and buffs everyone nicely. People don't even consider Valk's 2 to be that great of a team buff. She doesn't need a complete rework like Saryn. 

7 minutes ago, stevengeance said:

I like her how she is despite taking all the nerfs, but her 3 is the biggest issue. It can be changed into something that is more team oriented. Look at rhino he sits on teams and presses 2 and buffs everyone nicely. People don't even consider Valk's 2 to be that great of a team buff. 

Probably because people use Rhino for Eidolon Hunting because of his Damage buff. Not sure what kind of buff to give Paralysis since she already got the Armor buff and the Attack speed buff. But her Armor buff works better for frame that got a high base Armor already like Atlas and maybe Chroma. But squisher frames like Trinity and Banshee, It would help them take slightly less damage. Her Prime version got 700 Armor. Twice or less than three times more than Chroma and Rhino so her Armor buff works best for her.

20 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Probably because people use Rhino for Eidolon Hunting because of his Damage buff. Not sure what kind of buff to give Paralysis since she already got the Armor buff and the Attack speed buff. But her Armor buff works better for frame that got a high base Armor already like Atlas and maybe Chroma. But squisher frames like Trinity and Banshee, It would help them take slightly less damage. Her Prime version got 700 Armor. Twice or less than three times more than Chroma and Rhino so her Armor buff works best for her.

Exactly, which makes her queen of the solo. Which I am okay with, but nobody else appreciates the one person running off doing their own thing.

37 minutes ago, stevengeance said:

Exactly, which makes her queen of the solo. Which I am okay with, but nobody else appreciates the one person running off doing their own thing.

One of the reason for that is EW. You have to do the work to keep the buff going for you and your Partners. If the Augment works the same for Allies (Her buff increasing when Teammates kill enemies), then People would enjoy having her in the team. But for right now, her WarCry Augment forces her to be Selfish.

EDIT: I also noticed there's a lot of people who didn't enjoy Saryn's Rework and some enjoyed it so i hope DE don't do the same with Valkyr.

Edited by VPrime96

3 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

One of the reason for that is EW. You have to do the work to keep the buff going for you and your Partners. If the Augment works the same for Allies (Her buff increasing when Teammates kill enemies), then People would enjoy having her in the team. But for right now, her WarCry Augment forces her to be Selfish.

EDIT: I also noticed there's a lot of people who didn't enjoy Saryn's Rework and some enjoyed it so i hope DE don't do the same with Valkyr.

Well I have no problem maxing out the buff timer on EW. It's just % armor isn't as valueable for most of the frames with very low armor values. So it falls off short for those low armor frames. Trinity overshields can retain more value than valks warcry for low armor frames.

1 hour ago, stevengeance said:

Well I have no problem maxing out the buff timer on EW. It's just % armor isn't as valueable for most of the frames with very low armor values. So it falls off short for those low armor frames. Trinity overshields can retain more value than valks warcry for low armor frames.

Slash and Toxin is what you need to watch out for when giving teammate overshields. But i think Toxin’s damage gets reduced by Armor. Toxin on Valkyr would do less damage over time than a frame with less Armor. 

Edited by VPrime96

1 hour ago, VPrime96 said:

Shields and Toxin is what you need to watch out for when giving teammate overshields. But i think Toxin’s damage gets reduced by Armor. Toxin on Valkyr would do less damage over time than a frame with less Armor. 

Probably, haven't really tested toxic stacks for armor scaling dmg. Never really thought about it honestly. Though I may recollect that I don't think I have ever had a problem with Valkyr and toxic damage.

7 hours ago, stevengeance said:

Nah I actually use shield disruption mod aura, it works better. At least to my knowledge it has.

I play Valkyr on my sorties and get numbers higher than everyone put together.. Meaning 70%, that all depends on the players and your teammates. If it's on your girlfriend's account you are probably playing with newbies to add on top of that! Late game Valkyr with maximum mods and I live off of eternal war. Paralysis does nothing good to me because when you are swarmed all the heavy mobs sit in the back. You can use your abilities as you see fitting, but most people will agree to say that her 3rd cast is not too viable. 

That's the beauty of her 🙂

I like her how she is despite taking all the nerfs, but her 3 is the biggest issue. It can be changed into something that is more team oriented. Look at rhino he sits on teams and presses 2 and buffs everyone nicely. People don't even consider Valk's 2 to be that great of a team buff. She doesn't need a complete rework like Saryn. 

My account is MR20, I've got almost 1000 hrs racked up..I love Valkyr and I'll insist I do find her 3 useful at times.  It's not a "Press 3 and kill everything" type of move, but that's fine.  I've got 3 weapons and her Talons to kill things with.  

Also, Rhino's -3- is Roar, not his 2.  His 2 is Iron Skin, and that only serves HIM, just her Valk's 3 does for her.  Not everyone plays in squads.  I do usually, but again, I'm not everyone.

Edited by (PS4)Taishin_Ishu

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

My account is MR20, I've got almost 1000 hrs racked up..I love Valkyr and I'll insist I do find her 3 useful at times.  It's not a "Press 3 and kill everything" type of move, but that's fine.  I've got 3 weapons and her Talons to kill things with.  

What i like about Valkyr’s 3 is how she can insta - heal her self while she’s invincible when you combine Hysteria with Paralysis. Her three is useful for shield Lancers since it sets them to a finisher. 

Valkyr is probably the most weapon focused melee frame in this game. Most of her abilities is focused on her/ allies Melee weapon instead of just enemies like Excalibur. So, she requires more active gameplay than most close ranged fighters which is fine for me.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Also, Rhino's -3- is Roar, not his 2.  His 2 is Iron Skin, and that only serves HIM, just her Valk's 3 does for her.  Not everyone plays in squads.  I do usually, but again, I'm not everyone.

I mean more power to you, I just never really come across a moment personally where I think in my head "oh shoots let me press 3." I have with her ripline..I guess cause she's my favorite frame I would personally like to see her get somewhere, but at the same time I don't mind to be that one person that plays her. 

13 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

What i like about Valkyr’s 3 is how she can insta - heal her self while she’s invincible when you combine Hysteria with Paralysis. Her three is useful for shield Lancers since it sets them to a finisher. 

Valkyr is probably the most weapon focused melee frame in this game. Most of her abilities is focused on her/ allies Melee weapon instead of just enemies like Excalibur. So, she requires more active gameplay than most close ranged fighters which is fine for me.

I think hysteria has built in finishers, cause I've gotten some insane numbers combined with the speed of warcry to activate those finishers. I also personally run lifestrike which is a dope combo to the eternal war build. So I am never really using her paralysis.

21 minutes ago, stevengeance said:

I think hysteria has built in finishers, cause I've gotten some insane numbers combined with the speed of warcry to activate those finishers.

Hysteria's Charge attack does finishers too. With the current build i have for Hysteria, i tend to do over 300 - 500K finisher damage with her Charge attack and Paralysis while in Hysteria against lvl 100 (MR14). That's with one primed mod on my Melee weapon. None on Valkyr. With my Old build, I managed to one shot lvl 180+ with Hysteria's Charge Attack even when my weapon had Acolyte mods and Rivens (Probably because of CO). 

After i type this comment, i managed to do 687k in the Simulacrum.

Edited by VPrime96

I'm not sure what they have in mind for any sort of balance.

Some warframes have full map nukes, others have ability shields that give them full blown immunity to controlling effects not just to themselves but teammates as well without taking away their weapons.

Valkyr gets... an invuln ability that forces her into a gimped melee weapon only and does its best to blind the player from seeing what is going on, and you can't keep it up indefinitely unlike the previously mentioned abilities.

Ripline is pretty much worthless especially if you just mod bullet jumping, I don't get what the point of paralysis is since it only lasts long enough to execute a single enemy, or two I guess if you try to max out duration. That leaves warcry, an absurdly long cast time when you actually need it, and basically worthless when you don't since you'd probably rip more enemies apart in the time it takes you to cast the stupid thing.

I suppose setting aside the balance issue is the fact that she's not really fun to play because of how little she brings compared to others. If you've already built an obscenely powerful weapon for warcry, you don't need Valkyr to at all to use it.

7 minutes ago, ScytheG said:

Some warframes have full map nukes, others have ability shields that give them full blown immunity to controlling effects not just to themselves but teammates as well without taking away their weapons.

Valkyr gets... an invuln ability that forces her into a gimped melee weapon only and does its best to blind the player from seeing what is going on, and you can't keep it up indefinitely unlike the previously mentioned abilities.

Ripline is pretty much worthless especially if you just mod bullet jumping, I don't get what the point of paralysis is since it only lasts long enough to execute a single enemy, or two I guess if you try to max out duration. That leaves warcry, an absurdly long cast time when you actually need it, and basically worthless when you don't since you'd probably rip more enemies apart in the time it takes you to cast the stupid thing.

I suppose setting aside the balance issue is the fact that she's not really fun to play because of how little she brings compared to others. If you've already built an obscenely powerful weapon for warcry, you don't need Valkyr to at all to use it.

You seem to be missing the point of Valkyr then. but that's fine..there're 30+ other frames for you to play.  

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

You seem to be missing the point of Valkyr then. but that's fine..there're 30+ other frames for you to play.  

Being passively invincible would be great fun, if the other frames didn't completely nuke the map before I could even touch an enemy. Ripline and warcry at the very least need to cast and work so much faster to be viable, I don't think I've touched either ability in months because they slow me down so much.

18 minutes ago, ScytheG said:

Being passively invincible would be great fun, if the other frames didn't completely nuke the map before I could even touch an enemy. Ripline and warcry at the very least need to cast and work so much faster to be viable, I don't think I've touched either ability in months because they slow me down so much.

Try using Nidus, Inaros, or even Octavia in a room nuking squad. It’s more of a team synergy issue with nuke frames than with her.

44 minutes ago, ScytheG said:

Play solo, you'll avoid most of these issues.  Also there are mods to speed up cast time, as well as other abilities.  Nothing about her is weak, though.

3 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Hysteria's Charge attack does finishers too. With the current build i have for Hysteria, i tend to do over 300 - 500K finisher damage with her Charge attack and Paralysis while in Hysteria against lvl 100 (MR14). That's with one primed mod on my Melee weapon. None on Valkyr. With my Old build, I managed to one shot lvl 180+ with Hysteria's Charge Attack even when my weapon had Acolyte mods and Rivens (Probably because of CO). 

After i type this comment, i managed to do 687k in the Simulacrum.

That's dope numbers. I never actually looked what she does to different mob types. Also got to consider combo counter.

3 hours ago, ScytheG said:

=( I feelz your pain, she's fun to play so can't really give up on her. She has her scaling pro's, but it isn't a team-based thing usually unless you are trying to revive someone while not taking damage in hysteria. Haha

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Play solo, you'll avoid most of these issues.  Also there are mods to speed up cast time, as well as other abilities.  Nothing about her is weak, though.

Modding in natural talent is ehh, I rather boost her warcry than have casting speed.

19 hours ago, stevengeance said:

That's dope numbers. I never actually looked what she does to different mob types. Also got to consider combo counter.

I've done that test against a lvl 100 Eximus Napalm. Against a lvl 100 Corrupted Heavy gunner (My Arca Titron had Corrosive on it), I did over 1 mill finisher damage and yeah the Combo Counter do make the biggest difference.

So far, I did my best Survival run with the stuff i got now in a fissure Solo ( everyone migrated before 20 mins):

25rpbic.png

Not as far as i gotten last time with my old stuff but look at the build i gotten on her:

qqpabc.png

Not really a good build for Teamplay but I can only deal with this until i got better mods like Primed Continuity and Primed Flow.