Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread vs Paris Prime for stealth

(PSN)Osarot

Question

I know its not the first time that someone ask what bow is better, but i want to give it a twist by asking: Which one is the best bow for an instant kill?

I dont care if the dread can kill with 1 arrow if it takes 5 seconds of bleeding for the target to die, in stealth, i need it to be instant, Soo.. wich one is better?

7 answers to this question

I would say that in general, go for Paris Prime over Dread if you're going for stealth play. Paris P has a higher base damage, which means it's more likely to take out enemies in a single shot, which is pretty essential for stealth. Furthermore, Paris Prime's innate Puncture damage is better against Armored targets than the Dread's innate Slash damage. Dread's Slash procs are useful for chunking down health regardless of Armor, but if you've gotten Dread to proc Salsh on an enemy, they've been hit without dying and are alerted.

Both are situational, but there are more situations in which I'd use Paris Prime.

Bleed damage is a finisher type of damage, and its first tick is applied the same moment as the hit damage, so when bleed procs it's additional 35% damage that ignores armor and shields. Build Dread for higher status chance plus Hunter Munitions to proc bleed on crits.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

dread is actually the bow with lowest dmg per shot. that becomes even more significant with rivens in play. mutalist cernos is maybe the only one which this doesnt apply to by defualt, but with a riven even m cernos beats it.

the rule of thumb is pretty easy imo: dread if u cant deal with armor. if u can deal with armor with the frame of choice for example any other bow can do much better, especially if u have the appropriate elements. BUT thats the dilemma of dread in my opinion...later in the game u wanna be able to deal with armor quickly instead of waiting for bleed proccs and vs unarmored all other bows can do better. now lets not talk about dreads slash procc consistency...its nice and fancy in the simulacrum but in a real game scenario, especially late game, its highly unreliable imo. if it was a tigris prime with punch through that'd be a different story, but it isnt.

personally i dislike the hype around dread anyway so i would stick to paris p regardless, but i think its more what ur looking for than dread aynway.

Depends on who/what you're going against

Use paris for grineer because of the puncture, which wont do anything to high level sheilds. since slash goes through sheilds, dread is perfect for corpus, I'd use cernos prime for infested, just tomow them down.

Edited by (XB1)DuketheDemon

14 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I would say that in general, go for Paris Prime over Dread if you're going for stealth play. Paris P has a higher base damage, which means it's more likely to take out enemies in a single shot, which is pretty essential for stealth. Furthermore, Paris Prime's innate Puncture damage is better against Armored targets than the Dread's innate Slash damage. Dread's Slash procs are useful for chunking down health regardless of Armor, but if you've gotten Dread to proc Salsh on an enemy, they've been hit without dying and are alerted.

Both are situational, but there are more situations in which I'd use Paris Prime.

This is the best advice given in my honest opinion as a bow fanatic.  

OP, due to what you are wanting to do, the Paris Prime would be the better option.  For the reasons @SenorClipClop gave above.  The only other bow that would be better for the specific purpose you're going for would be the Daikyu.