Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kinda wish i could train other tenno players.

Lancars

I noticed sometimes a complete lack of knowledge on stuff like the Teralyst fight or when an alert pops up and some folks have no idea whats going on. I dunno i really wish i had some kinda VR room for missions where you can pause thing and point stuff out. Really teach other players some of the basics so they can really take off on their own. Every so often i try to explain things but in the rush of battle that's hard to do and keep them from dying.

I have to protect them. I don't want them to lose hope. I've seen it happen to some.

Edited by Lancars

2 minutes ago, DYSEQTA said:

You mean like an ability to drop into captura mode mid-mission with a consenting team? Sounds like a plan to me...

Yea. Just a way to teach new people so more and more people can enjoy the game and not feel like they aren't going anywhere. I've played this game mostly solo and i've been able to learn by myself mostly. Other people are also alone but they don't quite grasp things fast as quickly as most. Not saying they are slow but it usually takes me one encounter to learn things.

1 minute ago, Kainosh said:

You just make a detailed Guide with tons of Gifs.....Or a Video guide.    

Yea but that's no way to truly learn and sometimes people go a bit overboard. We are Tenno. We are suppose to help each other out.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to request the Simulacrum be treated more like Captura. You should be able to select tiles, and you should be able to spawn boss enemies and stuff like Teralysts, assuming you have them fully scanned in your codex.

Then yeah, give us a pause AI quick button, so players can show specific things and then resume the practice run

38 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

I think it's perfectly reasonable to request the Simulacrum be treated more like Captura. You should be able to select tiles, and you should be able to spawn boss enemies and stuff like Teralysts, assuming you have them fully scanned in your codex.

Then yeah, give us a pause AI quick button, so players can show specific things and then resume the practice run

Knowing some people's teaching methods it will be like dodgeball. If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a rocket.

The best way to accomplish this is to turn on your microphone and with great diplomacy explain how to correctly complete the current objective. On PS4, even if I don't have my mic equipped, anyone with a mic in my squad can still be heard through my television speakers.

Also, if you have to time to repeat the mission, like the Teralysts fights, message the players and see if they're interested in learning how to complete the mission more efficiently.

A thread on this forum stating that it is your preference to perform X by Y means along with encouragement for other forum members to share their preferences may go over well. I personally prefer text tutorials over video tutorials because I have the attention span of a Z boson, many YT peeps ramble too much for me to watch more than one minute. That being said, I often come to this forum to find out how others approach a new mission type.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

... many YT peeps ramble too much for me to watch more than one minute. That being said, I often come to this forum to find out how others approach a new mission type.

I know, right? I don't care what your dog had for lunch, how you're doing, what's coming to e3 in 2019 or what you're going to have for dinner tonight - tell me exactly what I need to know, take your like (sub if you speak clearly and give pertinent information) and get going - that's my motto.