Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host quits after 3 Eidolons into Host Transfer fail

WingR84

Question

Srsly... WTF?

I just spent 30 minutes killing 3 Eidolons and 2 meters before the gate one guy quits. Next thing i read is "host transfer fail... now going back to muliplayer menu"

This is the second time this happens to me now (last time it was only the first one that we killed). I'm out of words how mad i'm about DE taking my money for plat but when i kill stuff that is worth plat it seems to be my problem when the client fails. DE... I WANT MY LOOT!

5 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, WingR84 said:

I'm out of words how mad i'm about DE taking my money for plat but when i kill stuff that is worth plat it seems to be my problem when the client fails. DE... I WANT MY LOOT!

You know, these two things don't correlate in the slightest.
You WANT to give DE your money for plat. Nobody is forcing you to buy plat. And DE isn't forcing your host to leave. That's the host's decision.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb WhiteMarker:

You know, these two things don't correlate in the slightest.
You WANT to give DE your money for plat. Nobody is forcing you to buy plat. And DE isn't forcing your host to leave. That's the host's decision.

DE forced me to reconnect to someone new. If i would create my own instance in this case, then i would be able to go to the exit by myself and nothing would happen. I dont even understand why the game feels enforced to connect to someone else and then doesnt even let me decide to who, when and if i want to try it again if it fails.

I waited 1 hour for Cetus to turn into night and then had a 30 minute fight with the Eidolons. Is it really to much to ask for them to install a system that you get your loot?

And by the way... the last 3 times i thought about banking money again something like this happen. AGAIN I'm so angry that i'm thinking about to removed the game from my HD.
The only reason why i keep it is "well, it's free..." but in my eyes this loses them money and the whole "connect" system needs a rework.

1) go into a lobby where you can form a team with the randoms. I dont understand why this system doesnt let me change my frame once i've connected to randoms. Your "well, give up your life like me and join a clan" isnt what anyone wants. I REALLY dont see why i need a clan in a game like this, just because their system needs a upgrade.

2) Why cant i vote to kick people that AFK or do other toxic things? Even I'm the host... why?

3) Why cant i change "solo, fiends only or public" ingame?

4) Why isnt there a launcher for lobbys with titles? "Want to farm XY... start 11pm" and go afk for 5 min. Come back and here we go...

1) that’s already done, use recuiting and prep with squad before starting a mission. 9/10 times this is how I do it.

2) would be nice

3) because solo doesnt have an online session associated with it. changing the openess of a session would probably make match making even more of a head ache. once a mission advances far enough, making it public does nothing. if you want to arrange things, set up the session and use the recruiting channel.

4) see 1 and 3

Op has a point.

Would be a pretty slack effort on DE's programming if you can spend an hour gaining rewards in a game you invest real money into. Then lose everything due to some player deliberately leaving or disconnecting a public squad.

Did they not have the same issue with Sanctuary and make time to resolve that?