Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I put on Excalibur?

StableMortal

Question

Do I put Steel Fiber ( because Excalibur has got good base armor) or Do I put Redirection ( Because sheilds regenerate)

Also , One of the players in my clan ( I will not tell the name , I don't have consent from him/her ) , who is very high lvl tells me that Redirection is crap. Is he right?

5 answers to this question

So here's the thing, in low level content shield mods are okay, in higher level content shields are pretty useless unless you have someone constantly giving over-shields to the team. As a general rule of thumb, if you doing content with over level 20 enemies, and you aren't running a frame that specifically has interaction with shields as part of it mechanics, drop the shield mods. Personally I usually won't bother with survivability mods and will focus on my abilities unless the survivability mods affect a stat that plays into my abilities, or the frame is specifically a tank.

That said, Excal has decent armor, so I'd put an armor mod on him, and since he's a melee frame you should put a health mod on him to counter his low base health. As for an Aura, I recommend Steel Charge or Corrosive Proj. (If you have them.)

31 minutes ago, mathias486 said:

Redirection makes you take health damage less frequently,while S.F reduces the damage you take on health.For a short mission,they make no difference,but for a long run,i would advise Redirection 

dont use shields if you play to go against high level enemies. even armor isnt enough to survive on REALLY high levels, shields are even worse, as they dont benefit from the dmg reduction that armor grants