Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beeing killed by allies

-_Highlander_-

Question

:surprised:

So Devs is it possible to look at the Tonkor . Penta 

this weapons can kill you're team mates when projectile bounces from the wall against team mates

Saw this just happend to my poor mag 

this will cost revives and i dont have the time for this

Fix selfdamage causing Allies beeing terminated in an heartbeat

-- And yes this topic is important --

well this happend when i where loading out of the gate in PoE waiting on reward screen when ally next to me shot me in the back with an Tonkor or penta didnt see that 

But it where instant Death when the projectile bounced back to me

So pls Devs look at this before people can abuse this and makes allot of players dissapointed

If that did happen without a radiation proc then this should actually go in bug reports. Ally damage without a radiation proc is never intended.\

Except for Inaros.

Edited by Fatern12
Except for Inaros.

2 minutes ago, Fatern12 said:

If that did happen without a radiation proc then this should actually go in bug reports. Ally damage without a radiation proc is never intended.\

Except for Inaros.

no it where an Atlas player

but .. keep an eye out on the forums when things realy go bad with this 

iam not the only one thats having this trouble sooner or later

1 minute ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Ah the provoker has returned .. welcome back joker

not here to provoce, but it seems like A: You dont know how certain weapons work(there is no friendly fire)

B: Someone used the self damage of launchers to proc radiation on himself and then shot you.

:nerd:

This

B: Someone used the self damage of launchers to proc radiation on himself and then shot you.

So don't bet if you know the answer already and iam trying to explain that but seems you made me call an lair

.. dont be in shock then when iam calling you out

----

Dont disrespect me for something i saw and it messed up my game play 

and iam making an Topic for it otherwise i would keep my lips sealed 

.. so yeah this is the trouble iam facing .. 

The only thing i hope is that Devs will take an look at this before people starting to ABUSE THIS system against others while having an great time 

you get it now

you are beeing forced in that way to QUIT because you will run out of revives 

and you dont want that

11 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

not here to provoce, but it seems like A: You dont know how certain weapons work(there is no friendly fire)

man, you stumbled upon a special one haven't you XD 

6 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

:nerd:

This

So don't bet if you know the answer already and iam trying to explain that but seems you made me call an lair

.. dont be in shock then when iam calling you out

----

Dont disrespect me for something i saw and it messed up my game play 

and iam making an Topic for it otherwise i would keep my lips sealed 

.. so yeah this is the trouble iam facing .. 

The only thing i hope is that Devs will take an look at this before people starting to ABUSE THIS system against others while having an great time 

you get it now

you are beeing forced in that way to QUIT because you will run out of revives 

and you dont want that

15 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

You can't proc radiation at yourself.

Just now, GinKenshin said:

man, you stumbled upon a special one haven't you XD 

:facepalm: 

I gues so .. but i gues aswell we gonna hear more about it

now this is revealed 

its now only matter of time

----

Think about how people respond about an certain Meta player

and how quickly everyone did the same 

Trinity Nuker

Miragulor

Equinox Shampoo

--- 

And there are many more where that came from

I hope personaly that iam not gonna face this to much beeing killed by allies

16 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

I don't think that's possible

sometimes you cant avoid being self-proced radiation.
1: You shoot your explosive weapon only for a teammate to run in front of you = the projectile explodes = self damage wich could = radiation proc on yourself
2: Lasers in the void can proc radiation, expecally annoying with void interception/defence
3: Radiation hazard sortie
4: I think the eildilons has a attack that can proc radiation,the little trail they leave behind when there stomping around

Most AOE weapons deal self-damage if used improperly. The most terrifying case being the Lenz...
Click the spoiler to reveal the rest.

Spoiler

If the weapon is configured for proccing radiation, it's user may have applied radiation on themselves then fired at you, and if that was the case, you have no solutions to that, but one: kill them first.

People getting radiated and killing allies by accident has happened. People intentionally fighting eachother when radiation procs allow it happened, and happens.

The only solution is to fight back.

DE cannot fix Radiation procs affecting allies without 'fixing' how they affect enemies.

How I would solve this would be to do the following:
-Not rezz yourself instantly every time you die (this can and will gauge how cooperative your allies are), and take a Sentinel with Sacrifice and Primed Regen/Reawakening on it.
-Take them down before they take you down.
-Not quit.
-Not go on missions with people who do this, or, better yet, force them into a Conclave match and fight them on your terms.
-Never stay still. Maybe parkour around.
-If it's you with the AOE weapon, stop taking it with you.

If I misunderstood this, please acquire video evidence or pics, and rephrase the situation.

56 minutes ago, Xirka said:

Allies can only harm you while they, or you are under a radiation proc. Seeing it actually happen is rather rare.

Dont play rad proc sorties with pug's very often do you?

All explosive weapons have self harm OP (Tonk was an exception for a while but DE changed that), even if they hit your team-mate and bounce back they are still your explosives and they will hurt you.

Edited by Nova73

1 hour ago, -_Highlander_- said:

well this happend when i where loading out of the gate in PoE waiting on reward screen when ally next to me shot me in the back with an Tonkor or penta didnt see that 

But it where instant Death when the projectile bounced back to me

So pls Devs look at this before people can abuse this and makes allot of players dissapointed

Actually, this is a bug regarding you an other people going back to cetus from the plains, while waiting for cetus to load you can deal damage to your allies. Is not related to the tonkor itself, a friend was able to do the same thing with Mutalist Cernos and i got the toxin procs. It doesnt have anything to do with radiation.

Edit: Shouldnt this be on the bug section? Clearly, friendly fire without rad procs is not intended.

Edited by ReinAxefury

22 minutes ago, ReinAxefury said:

Actually, this is a bug regarding you an other people going back to cetus from the plains, while waiting for cetus to load you can deal damage to your allies. Is not related to the tonkor itself, a friend was able to do the same thing with Mutalist Cernos and i got the toxin procs. It doesnt have anything to do with radiation.

I've seen this done under similar circumstances; that is, when extracting from the Plains to Cetus. One player fired at another with a weapon (I cannot recall if it was a launcher weapon or an Opticor) and just before the mission reward screen they incapacitated the other player.

1 minute ago, o.0- said:

Well, aside from the Grenade Launchers, Lenz, Castanas and Talons, we also have Thunderbolt, and Concealed Explosives, that even in their mod description state use with caution. 

So there are currently many ways available to cause problems for other players, accidentally or otherwise.

Yeah, but that warning is for self damage, not friendly fire.