The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why isn't gear wheel locked in sortie?

We can't use ciphers to kinda force us to like make sure we can hack n stuff but it seems about every sortie someone comes in and slams 8 energy pizzas to ult spam and try to brute force the sortie basically even in energy reduction and it feels a little weird tbh and kinda kills the fun of puttibg your froup to the test. If need be allow scanners from the gear wheel but imo i say lock everything else. Yeah I know I likely sound like an elitist jerk but I feel it's more in the spirit of these tough missions doing this since ciphers get locked.

I don't get a lot of what you're saying. I assumed you mean they should not allow players to use ciphers in sorties? Last I check, when I'm in sorties, there is no cipher allowed. 

Edit: oh, you mean the entire gear wheel stuffs, honestly, I don't really care. You can just do onslaught if you want all gear wheel to be lock. 

Edited by -CM-Syein
Misunderstood op

hace 17 minutos, Zandermanith222 dijo:

Nah, I'd like to keep the gear wheel. Not for Energy pizzas though, I don't use those. I use Zenurik instead

But so I can summon a MOA specter for moral support!

And a x specter just to revive the stupid tenno operator on defense sortie...

yeah i dislike not having the Gear Wheel not for Ciphers or Pizzas, but for all of the other stuff >.>

Specters, Flares, Et Cetera.
Flares especially honestly - that's the thing that really pains me in Onslaught. i can't use Flares. shut up Simaris, if you'd let me use Flares i wouldn't need to use my Abilities too often.

19 minutes ago, Praesagium said:

And a x specter just to revive the stupid tenno operator on defense sortie...

Haha yes I did exactly that on my last Tenno defence. 😊

To the OP, if you need a tailor made set of restrictions in order for it to be a challenge then just solo them, or maybe find a group of like minded folk to run with, I run the majority of the sorties solo apart from the occasional boss and I love the ability to pop out a specter, in fact if gear wheel were stripped in sorties I would have no use for specters. 

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

...someone comes in and slams 8 energy pizzas to ult spam and try to brute force the sortie basically even in energy reduction...

Maybe you should be asking why there are no cooldowns on the pizza items instead.

Hmm?

Unpopular idea (since many people don't do it from what ive seen.😞 Have energy built into your build in some way.

Play limbo, ev trin, etc

Or a supra vandal, something with syndacate energy proc etc.

Or maybe energy arcanes.

I don't like pizzas. They need resources and the less of those I use on them the more I have for other stuff.

Team comp can help, but having some way to get energy, even with a drop chance frame is a nice thing to have.

Fortunately there is a mode where this is a good way to build (onslaught).

Unfortunately I dont think people like leaving their pizzas behind in sorties (or most hard modes for that matter).

It would be nice for consistency, though I'd personally like a similar restriction in Nightmare modes.

However energy restores in general need a serious look at. The way some people use them borders on literal addiction. Everything from the people who dump five at a time to the ones that drop one. every. single. defense wave.

They're also just a band aid for the energy system. We really need some form of passive energy mechanics and/or more ways to gain energy and Zenurik should not be so necessary for ability-based builds.

Wouldnt matter to me sorties are easy... All the sorties have choices you can make to put it on total easy mode without gear.  Energy pizzas just let you have more fun to take a power hungry build and go nuts with powers... Just one example take  negation swarm inaros and sorties become absolutely zero effort no items needed.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

11 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

You mean to tell all of you guys that when someone drops energy, health, ammo or shield pads during sortie you won't be the first one to run to get the benefit?

Grow up and stop bragging

I have never once intentionally gone to benefit from a pizza someone dropped (happens in defense a lot though and I'm not going to avoid them out of spite).  I make my builds to be fine without them, and kit myself out that I can manage without energy if needed.

Never did raids or hour long survivals though... maybe that would be a requirement.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

We can't use ciphers to kinda force us to like make sure we can hack n stuff but it seems about every sortie someone comes in and slams 8 energy pizzas to ult spam and try to brute force the sortie basically even in energy reduction and it feels a little weird tbh and kinda kills the fun of puttibg your froup to the test. If need be allow scanners from the gear wheel but imo i say lock everything else. Yeah I know I likely sound like an elitist jerk but I feel it's more in the spirit of these tough missions doing this since ciphers get locked.

So basically punish people who use energy pizza's, what about Zenurik? From what I understand, it makes said pizza's unnecessary, you want to restrict that also? Wouldn't be fair to take away one, but not the other.

In any case, I disagree either way. Sorties aren't ''tough'', they're just a slog to get through usually, that -is- why people cheese them. Anyone who has played this game for a decent amount of time shouldn't have any issues with sorties, so removing such aspects like gear serves only to make it more of a grind to get through every day.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

imo i say lock everything else.

yeah, no thanks. if you're gonna make Sorties more difficult, then there should be better rewards. I never really sue Pizzas anyway but locking them means having to carry people who are dependant on them. if gear items bother you so much, perhaps stick to ESO. or better yet, don't PUG Sorties and only play solo or with friends who will agree to refrain from using gear.

18 hours ago, Tyanya said:

Haha yes I did exactly that on my last Tenno defence. 😊

To the OP, if you need a tailor made set of restrictions in order for it to be a challenge then just solo them, or maybe find a group of like minded folk to run with, I run the majority of the sorties solo apart from the occasional boss and I love the ability to pop out a specter, in fact if gear wheel were stripped in sorties I would have no use for specters. 

It's not that I need it or anything I'm not pained watching someone devour pizza to survive it's just weird to me wondering why lock of one thing but not others? Like the only reason i say keep scanners if for fragments and simaris targets. It's just a consistency thing that bugs me is all.

5 hours ago, aswitz87 said:

I have never once intentionally gone to benefit from a pizza someone dropped (happens in defense a lot though and I'm not going to avoid them out of spite).  I make my builds to be fine without them, and kit myself out that I can manage without energy if needed.

Never did raids or hour long survivals though... maybe that would be a requirement.

This basically as well for me. I'll admit I've tossed a specter or two or pizza when leveling some stuff in a place I maybe shouldn't but otherwise I'm pretty free from the shackles of pizza lol.

1 hour ago, Lanadra said:

So basically punish people who use energy pizza's, what about Zenurik? From what I understand, it makes said pizza's unnecessary, you want to restrict that also? Wouldn't be fair to take away one, but not the other.

In any case, I disagree either way. Sorties aren't ''tough'', they're just a slog to get through usually, that -is- why people cheese them. Anyone who has played this game for a decent amount of time shouldn't have any issues with sorties, so removing such aspects like gear serves only to make it more of a grind to get through every day.

Why are you even leaping to focus schools? Gear items are independent of your character your focus school isn't. And I wouldn't say it makes them unnecessary either as 100 energy every few seconds beats the aura but that's beside the point.

If we're starting into the whole "sorties aren't tough" thing then really that's a silly thibg to say as removing the gear wheel wouldn't really effect a mission that's easy in the first place. And slog really? It's 3 missions >_> really now...

Whats the point? The only thing that makes sorties "hard" is the numbers. this is and has always been the worst way to create difficulty in gaming. You will barely ever get anythign worth your time in a sortie or anywhere else thats supposed to be endgame. 

Rivens arn't even worth it because most of the time youll get one for a weapon you don't or will never use and if you do itll be terrible 99% of the time. the only thing really worth it is the core, and i don't know anyone whos ever gotten one of them. 

Theres a faction of people that want to make this game a boring slog through terribly scaled content with no reward at the end. those people need to go away. hey, i hear destiny 2 has what you want. and its on sale!