The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new upcoming warframe

They've told us the theme is that it's made by sentient parts. Sentient hunter.

On 2018-05-27 at 3:54 PM, Emolition said:

Don't think there is any info on the next frame  beside the exuliber umbra. I haven't heard anything about the next frame in the dev streams as khora took so long I think it might be awile after tennocon for next frame.

They said that they want to release the odachi with a warframe that has the same theme. A few weeks later DE accidentally added a quest marker to Onkko but no available quest.

EDIT: and here it is

Edited by Navarchus

4 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

They've told us the theme is that it's made by sentient parts. Sentient hunter.

They said that they want to release the odachi with a warframe that has the same theme. A few weeks later DE accidentally added a quest marker to Onkko but no available quest.

Oh that sounds cool...but the havent release any info on what kind of abilities he'll have? I mean i know the always released or present the next frame during tennocon.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Oh that sounds cool...but the havent release any info on what kind of abilities he'll have? I mean i know the always released or present the next frame during tennocon.

They are currently busy with much bigger suff then just another warframe, so it shouldn't be suprising that there is little to no info.

it'll have the 2hand katana... odachi? nodachi? whatever. so we can at least guess what the theme's gonna be by looking at it.

Image result for warframe 2 hand katana

can't get a smaller picture sorry folks

but yeah, there's some similarities with the broken war on the blade near the grip, but the rest of the blade looks a tad bit too clean for sentient tech. i guess the sentient-hunter theme isn't too far fetched though I've personally never heard of DE confirming it before.

3 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

it'll have the 2hand katana... odachi? nodachi? whatever. so we can at least guess what the theme's gonna be by looking at it.

but yeah, there's some similarities with the broken war on the blade near the grip, but the rest of the blade looks a tad bit too clean for sentient tech. i guess the sentient-hunter theme isn't too far fetched though I've personally never heard of DE confirming it before.

Hmmm a katana...i get the feeling that it'll most likely be a samurai theme frame.

They never disclosed the theme, they said they will around next devstream or Tennocon.

Only thing we can do is guess based on the Katana concept design, and from the looks of it, it might be Sentient themed.

7 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

samurai theme frame.

most likely. I'm guessing it'll be a bit like Excal, but specializing in heavy blades and being much tankier than Excalibur. could have a stacking mechanic called "honour" or something, and the more "honour" you have, the more buffs you get etc. it needs something unique so that it isn't just tankscalibur.

I think the theme is Spectral (as in Eidolon) based on the mist surrounding the blade, and he harnesses the same energy as the Eidolon Sentients do. He might be using their bones to outfit his armor and weapons for that purpose.

If I was prone to prognostication I would look at that sword and see the lining/edging on it resembles parts of the Amps. I would then make a theory based on the following facts;
-We know nothing about the Unam (sp?)
-Onko was accidentally given a quest marker
-The Amps and the sword are stylistically similar
-We know there is at least one more update for the Plaines coming as we know there is a new amp part that has not been released

Taking all this in mind I would say that the Warframe will be acquired via a quest from Onko, which will likely have us exploring the mystery of the Unam (sp?) tower, and the warframe will be of Quill design. Possibly less a Warframe and more an Operatorframe. We still haven't seen anything I would call "Warrior Mode" for operators. 

7 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Maybe samurai themed.😂

Noone knows.

Or souls taker with devils look who just love 2 slash with big sword... Khora frame have 2 blades that coms with,but she is a whip person... But he is going 2 look in some Sentient style thats for shore...I just hope that he have some cool powers and good loooking design

Edited by Vlada91

17 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

The wispy smoke like aspects of it make me think of traditional water colors I've seen involving Oni and other Shinto spirits... The first thing I think of when it comes to Oni is Chroma. Perhaps it's actually a unique primed weapon for use with Chroma Prime?...