Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infinite Reviving makes the game too easy, make it harder by implementing cooldown.

IfritKajiTora

With arcanes you can have up to 6 revives, which mean you almost can't die, because there is squad that can revive you (without using your limited revives).

Or on high leveled content low leveled players can be carried through the whole mission by just reviving them over and over again.

Not to mention that you can go into Operator mode use Void mode and revive someone without any RISK.

Also it can be frustrating to revive people over and over again that are dying every 30 seconds. (You can just ignore them, but I feel bad then. And losing someone means less help in further mission. If you could not revive people over and over again then it's fine because it's a mechanic in game. While right now I feel like I have to revive them over and over again, which is frustrating for me.)

How to change it:
-Every time someone is revived that person get 90 seconds cooldown on revives. If he dies nobody can revive him "no bleed out timer", he have to use his limited revive.

For people who want me to unequip OverPowered stuff that I use:
Utilizing available and standard mechanics in games to accomplish a goal should always be considered a legitimate play style.
There is no reason to purposely put myself at a disadvantage if the game offers and easier solution.
If a mechanic is in the game then it is the developers intention for it be used in one way or another and I will not limit myself strictly because the methods I use are considered "cheap".
About revive mechanic in game, it's a different story, because it's a mechanic in game and I'm using it all the time, but it's make the game just too easy, making us immortal. So I hoping for changing that.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

No.

Having a squadmate or squadmates reviving you means one less gun firing on the enemy, or they're running Vazarin, in that case it means one less instant revive.  That's the drawback for reviving a teammate, the limited revives are there so you're not entirely screwed running solo, or in case nobody can reach you in time to get you back on your feet.

Edited by Sintag

Just now, IfritKajiTora said:

YES!

No cause it would make the game extremely annoying when you're trying to LvL a R0 frame in hydron and you're bound to go down. If you die cause your teammates can't revive you because you got revived by them <90 seconds ago you lose affinity that would otherwise go to your frame.

As for high LvL content i don't need to say the reasons why this shouldn't be implemented.

6 minutes ago, davej83 said:

No ! play any survival for long time u will see it´s not easy revive teammate when alot of enemies high lvl on u xD. Repeat.. NO

Operator mode, void mode, revive no risk. Any damage to invisible operator is ignored.

People already use their limited revives stupidly as it is and then moan when they run out before the end of a mission (yes, Im talking to all you people using insta-revives while your teammates are right THERE, having run from all over to save your sorry soul)

Cool down isn't needed. If they die completely, they die. Maybe they'll learn a lesson about being wasteful or expecting to be carried. Maybe stop reviving people if they are dying every 30 seconds because honestly, what help are they being anyway?

A cool down would end up probably only slapping some genuine non-wasteful player who gets caught in a bad position.

So what Im saying is,

No.

4 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

No cause it would make the game extremely annoying when you're trying to LvL a R0 frame in hydron and you're bound to go down. If you die cause your teammates can't revive you because you got revived by them <90 seconds ago you lose affinity that would otherwise go to your frame.

As for high LvL content i don't need to say the reasons why this shouldn't be implemented.

Low leveled players could have some difficulty.

But they should not be carry in the mission where they should not be.

I don't have huge problems with high leveled content, I don't see a problem, the game is very easy to me.

2 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

I don't have huge problems with high leveled content, I don't see a problem, the game is very easy to me.

Unequip all mods and disable all nodes in Focus then. Boom, problem solved.

12 minutes ago, Sintag said:

No.

Having a squadmate or squadmates reviving you means one less gun firing on the enemy, or they're running Vazarin, in that case it means one less instant revive.  That's the drawback for reviving a teammate, the limited revives are there so you're not entirely screwed running solo, or in case nobody can reach you in time to get you back on your feet.

So much waste on one team mate not firing for 4 seconds.

There were times where you had revives for the whole DAY on each Warframe, not reseting on every new mission started. This is definitely super easy mode.

So if limited revives are only for solo mode, then remove them from squad playing. If nobody will revive you, you are out. (If we want to go with your thinking way)

5 minutes ago, bungawunga said:

Remove your arcanes, sacrifice, regen, health and armor mods then use some dragon key if you want to gimp yourself from walking on water.

No.
Utilizing available and standard mechanics in games to accomplish a goal should always be considered a legitimate play style.
There is no reason to purposely put myself at a disadvantage if the game offers and easier solution.
If a mechanic is in the game then it is the developers intention for it be used in one way or another and I will not limit myself strictly because the methods I use are considered "cheap".

5 minutes ago, Namah said:

There's no need for any detailed criticism at all, it's a flat out "no."

Nobody wants to play the game how you want to play it.

I just see that everyone want the easy mode as casuals.

That's all I see here.

No nerfs just buffs to make us immortal gods that wash the map in seconds.

4 minutes ago, Namah said:

There's no need for any detailed criticism at all, it's a flat out "no."

Nobody wants to play the game how you want to play it.

Yeah, people prefer watching movies to something that requires you to make decisions and succeeding in pulling them off.

1 minute ago, IfritKajiTora said:

No.

9I2Qh6t.gif

Now that's woke, and you want to kill revives?

1 minute ago, IfritKajiTora said:

There were times where you had revives for the whole DAY on each Warframe, not reseting on every new mission started. This is definitely super easy mode.

I know.  Wanna know why the dev team made them on a mission-by-mission basis?   There's the fact it unfairly punished newer players who only had one or two Warframes to their name, nobody bought revives, and it also didn't really matter to veterans, who could just swap between one of the many Warframes they already had and continue on their merry way.

2 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

So if limited revives are only for solo mode, then remove them from squad playing. If nobody will revive you, you are out. (If we want to go with your thinking way)

Also, no.  For reasons that should be really obvious, at that.  The first being 'players using unpopular Warframes would be left for dead' and the second being 'well what happens if my squad is away from me because I decided to smash some containers en route?'

And, let me repeat the second half of that sentence that you willfully ignored.  

7 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

or in case nobody can reach you in time to get you back on your feet.

There have been instances where I've been downed in a bad spot or downed on Eris, where the level geometry is...less than workable, and nobody has been capable of getting to me in 20 seconds, or instances where I literally CANNOT BE REVIVED.

Ok, let's believe you're not having a hard time at high levels (interesting to know what's the highest you had to kill). If these revives are a problem for you just because you're fine, doesn't really mean others should not have it.  

In a short- I am still trying to get the way this mentality works.