Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infinite Reviving makes the game too easy, make it harder by implementing cooldown.

IfritKajiTora

4 hours ago, IfritKajiTora said:

With arcanes you can have up to 6 revives, which mean you almost can't die, because there is squad that can revive you (without using your limited revives).

Or on high leveled content low leveled players can be carried through the whole mission by just reviving them over and over again.

Not to mention that you can go into Operator mode use Void mode and revive someone without any RISK.

Also it can be frustrating to revive people over and over again that are dying every 30 seconds. (You can just ignore them, but I feel bad then. And losing someone means less help in further mission. If you could not revive people over and over again then it's fine because it's a mechanic in game. While right now I feel like I have to revive them over and over again, which is frustrating for me.)

How to change it:
-Every time someone is revived that person get 90 seconds cooldown on revives. If he dies nobody can revive him "no bleed out timer", he have to use his limited revive.

For people who want me to unequip OverPowered stuff that I use:
Utilizing available and standard mechanics in games to accomplish a goal should always be considered a legitimate play style.
There is no reason to purposely put myself at a disadvantage if the game offers and easier solution.
If a mechanic is in the game then it is the developers intention for it be used in one way or another and I will not limit myself strictly because the methods I use are considered "cheap".
About revive mechanic in game, it's a different story, because it's a mechanic in game and I'm using it all the time, but it's make the game just too easy, making us immortal. So I hoping for changing that.

do you remember those days when revives were 4 per day, when if you died more than that you had to PURCHASE them with plat?

do you remember how great that system was?

No? Me neither

the system we have in place values team work and helping one another out, quite clearly, this whole game does 

if you want to put revives behind some kind of timer, that would kill that aura of helpfulness, it would spread hatred for those who keep dying, and annoyance at those who can't revive in time.

This is what you're doing to squads if you implemented it

giphy.gif

TL;DR? No.

Let's make this clear.

People don't learn how to not die or how to avoid death, because dying is nothing, it's just like everyday, PEOPLE DIE! XD So it's normal I die and someone else revives me, and even if I'm too weak it's nothing, everyone want to revive me. So screw health mods shield mods etc, go for full DPS! DPS all day, die all day, revive all day, ahhhh and I still get the most damage in squad : D I'm the one who is doing all that hard work.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

10 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Let's make this clear.

People don't learn how to not die or how to avoid death, because dying is nothing, it's just like everyday, PEOPLE DIE! XD So it's normal I die and someone else revives me, and even if I'm too weak it's nothing, everyone want to revive me. So screw health mods shield mods etc, go for full DPS! DPS all day, die all day, revive all day, ahhhh and I still get the most damage in squad : D I'm the one who is doing all that hard work.

Okay, its clear now your intent.  I m truly sorry I wasted any creativity on this post.  As I was.

I remember I would fail raids do to everyone except me running out of revives when facing the golem. People would insta revive the moment they went down and would eventually run out, leaving me as the last man standing and an automatic mission failed. 

On a side note. Doesn't really bother me how revives work. But year ago we would get 4 revives per frame per day. We would have to use plat to buy back all revives to use that frame again. This was actually fun. I would use a frame very cautiously and if I felt like I would go down alot with that said frame then I would bring a tank instead.. Rhino of course. AHHH .. The old days. 

People complain and want to see everything nerfed by now, aren't they?
Now they even start on reviving.. What is next? Money income? Resource income? Longer loading screens? Banned for having a good connection?
Jeez.. whats going on now? Already bad enough on all those who constantly cry and moan about Warframe they want nerfed like Chroma, Ember, Saryn... Now they start here too..
If this happens now i really deinstall Warframe. Can't take this sh.. no more.

On 2018-05-28 at 10:12 AM, Tsukinoki said:

Please tell me how your idea here is going to achieve that?
Adding a CD to revives, or even removing them entirely won't make this game any harder.

Why?
You stated the main reason right here:

Most vets rarely die.
I can go through a sortie and a few tridolon hunts and not go down a single time the entire day.

So please tell me:
How would this idea make the game harder?
How would this idea make the game more challenging?
How would this idea make the game more entertaining?

The answer is that it wont.
It would just be punishing for no real reason.
Especially to newer players.  Vets wouldn't be touched at all by this idea and wouldn't notice. New players on the other hand that don't have any cheese and have a hard time clearing the lower levels due to lack of mods?  They'll just be unfairly punished for absolutely no reason, and do you honestly think that it will do the game any good to alienate new players?

Because contray what you seem to think punishing does not equal hard/challenging.

Your idea here offers absolutely nothing to the game.  Not a single benefit would come from this.

So why should DE implement it?

☝️

As a Vazarin main, it's already hard enough going across rooms to revive somebody...only to see them waste a self-revive. But wait, wait there is more, on several ocasions I've been less then a bullet jump away from a downed ally...and they still self-revive. Once I was even right on top of them, with little to no enemies around...they still self-revive.

If anything that seemingly good feature should be removed, because it's doing way more harm then it should...I personally also loose a bit of what little sanity I have left, every time sombody instantly self-revives...or even just waits for me to get close before they do it as a prank or something.

Phoenix Renewal exists and it is a bandaid to a middling healing ability. If it has a 90 second cooldown to auto revive and feels pretty balanced, then why should what it's supporting be nerfed too? 4 revives a day was terrible, so is adding a 90 second cooldown to players that get stunlocked in infested survival missions.

Edited by Teoarrk

В 28.05.2018 в 19:54, IfritKajiTora сказал:

With arcanes you can have up to 6 revives, which mean you almost can't die, because there is squad that can revive you (without using your limited revives).

Or on high leveled content low leveled players can be carried through the whole mission by just reviving them over and over again.

Not to mention that you can go into Operator mode use Void mode and revive someone without any RISK.

Also it can be frustrating to revive people over and over again that are dying every 30 seconds. (You can just ignore them, but I feel bad then. And losing someone means less help in further mission. If you could not revive people over and over again then it's fine because it's a mechanic in game. While right now I feel like I have to revive them over and over again, which is frustrating for me.)

How to change it:
-Every time someone is revived that person get 90 seconds cooldown on revives. If he dies nobody can revive him "no bleed out timer", he have to use his limited revive.

Utilizing available and standard mechanics in games to accomplish a goal should always be considered a legitimate play style.
There is no reason to purposely put myself at a disadvantage if the game offers and easier solution.
If a mechanic is in the game then it is the developers intention for it be used in one way or another and I will not limit myself strictly because the methods I use are considered "cheap".
About revive mechanic in game, it's a different story, because it's a mechanic in game and I'm using it all the time, but it's make the game just too easy, making us immortal. So I hoping for changing that. 

Good april 1 joke.  Rly tho i cant even take this "idea" seriosly.

1 hour ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

anyone else read this topic and immediately think of the time a lvl100 juggernaut rocked up on a Sortie 3 with augmented armour?

DID YOU IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE IF THERE WAS A COOLDOWN ON BEING REVIVED BY YOUR TEAM-MATES?

I imagined it... *shudders*

It's Warframe.  You can just go outside the room and abuse cheese like normal.  This game can only be hard because people get extra lazy.

2 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

It's Warframe.  You can just go outside the room and abuse cheese like normal.  This game can only be hard because people get extra lazy.

ill admit in the mission i was thinking of our squad decided to tackle it head-on, but that was more because it was standing in a doorway we needed to get through, lol

8 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

ill admit in the mission i was thinking of our squad decided to tackle it head-on, but that was more because it was standing in a doorway we needed to get through, lol

Lol, I was thinking of the juiced-up Juggernaut Behemoth from that special event.  Even in Sortie 3, regular Juggernaut gets vaporized in seconds by overpowered guns.

On 2018-05-28 at 7:54 AM, IfritKajiTora said:

How to change it:

On 2018-05-28 at 8:09 AM, IfritKajiTora said:

Operator mode, void mode, revive no risk. Any damage to invisible operator is ignored.

And neither of you are accounting for the fact that about the only times a squad will willingly revive you when you get downed, is in endless missions.

I mean, sure, you get the polite types that'll save your ass after you get broadsided by a hacked-off Hyekka Master, but honestly, they're rare.

En 28/5/2018 a las 7:12, IfritKajiTora dijo:

I don't have huge problems with high leveled content, I don't see a problem, the game is very easy to me.

Juts because its easy for you doesn't mean its easy for everyone else. If you dont like people who gets down often play with a pre-made squad/expert players.

Also, great b8 m8