Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame Ideas

Danjal777

I was in a different thread earlier and drummed out these ideas.  I liked them so much that I thought they deserved their own thread.

The Dark Sectors:  A void tainted perversion of the system.  Upon clearing the last node in the star map, a special relay will appear leading to the Dark Sectors.  In it, the star map is covered back up.  It is worked though backward starting from the void nodes.  Enemies start at level 40 and will be level 200 at the last nodes which are on Earth.  More mastery is gained in this mode, and the relays drop high level items and quests.  The tiles themselves are all mirrored, colors are skewed in the maps (mars is more red orange, including the sky, Earth is covered in mist and visibility is low, Uranus is darker with water refractions lighting the tile, Eris sick with poisonous clouds).  The planets have special characteristics that are more intense than their real world counter parts: Eris is poisonous and will constantly proc you with toxin effects; Mars is freezing, airless, bombarded by radiation, which halves your shields, constantly ticks away your health, and radiation procs you if you are out in the open for three seconds or more; Uranus is claustrophobic and dark, the pressure as you go deeper will weaken your armor, the blackness hides enemies waiting to ambush you.  There is a ton of interesting elements that you could use.  Now for the part you have been waiting for:  Each planet away from Earth you get, the less lives you have available, until you have only one. In the Dark Sector, your bleedout timer is 5 seconds base.  The mortality of this area is insane and will take everything you've got including using mods and arcanes to mitigate environmental hazards versus the significantly harder enemy content.  All enemies are void reflections and if there were resources left over for it, add some interesting new void demons as an enemy.  Also the relays are warzones for clans to contest over like in the old days.  

True Nightmare Mode:  A harder version of nightmare missions.  In them you have better nightmare mods intended for high rank players as rewards and resources dropped are increased dramatically.  Once they are played(failing counts a play), you can not play them again until they refresh six hours later, there is one active on each planet at any given time.  Each nightmare mission calculates for a plethora of disadvantages and will always have only one life.  You die, you are expelled from the mission and sent back to your orbiter.  They will always have two mission objectives and are timed based on the average amount of time players in the game complete these in normal circumstances.  So a mission might be a sabotage/capture with vampire, no shields, eximus stronghold, five minute timer, and one life.  The timer always starts after you've left the first room.  Dude to the tight time limit, the players will have to formulate a plan to split up and execute the mission.  One player is a Loki and decides to bee line to the capture target, the other three try and tackle the sabotage.  Another example is a rescue/spy with pain(can't use operator), high alert(alarms speed up the timer), chaos(all enemies of the same type look the same, like bombards and lancers), ten minute timer, and one life.  The players deliberate in the safe room, they decide to send one player to each vault, and one lone Tenno to tackle the rescue.  This is a stealth mission and if the alarms get triggered the ten minute time will run down faster until they can hack it (maybe you can only hack it three times...?).  This would really challenge some of the best players in Warframe.

Deep Void:  This is a mission so deep into the void that your Warframe can't survive there.  The only thing that can is your Operator.  This would be a special mission with void demons as the faction within.  It is an endless "tower" that descends deeper and deeper.  Your progress is saved every ten floors where you can reenter at that point and you receive one time rewards for getting there.  Rewards are anything from cosmetics(bragging rights), special amp parts unlocked through Onnko, Operator and amp arcanes, to peculiar mods.  There is also a leader board for those who have delved the deepest.  The way it is set up is there is a Champion, and three squires.  The Champion is the host, the squires are other players, the whole team is expelled from the void if the Champion dies, the squires and die, but each time they do it takes a cumulative second to respawn.  The Champion is the only one who progresses in the tower and get the milestone rewards.  The squires, however, get an entirely different set of rewards that repeat as many times as they play them, with huge payouts upon reaching a tenth floor.  Things like credits, large amounts of resources, special mod sets, and a cosmetic that details the deepest they have squired (can't skip ahead though, you have to do 1-10 to get the first marking before you can get the 141-150 markings)

• 1 month later...
On 2018-07-21 at 12:10 AM, Bolo_Nike said:

must admit i like the Deep Void idea though not sure if it fits Lore/DE plan

Thanks, I thought that no one even read my post.  Maybe you are right, but It can be adjusted lorewise...but it would be cool to have an actual reason to beef up your operator.

I like these ideas. I think they may need some tweaking as they will be extremely unbalanced towards high level players, as in I could probably run most of this from day one and then sell mods for huge profit, but overall it's good stuff. The extra difficulty is what we crave!

Deep Void sounds good same with dark sector rework, however for deep void, not a fan of the whole host dies team is expelled, it'll break in pub. Also you want everyone to get the same rewards, surviving it as either squire or host still means you've completed it and should be entitled to the same rewards as eachother. In GTAO they only rewards the "Host" VIP or whatever so the squad they hire get no real buyin on rewards meaning the grind is super meh to the point it drives players away from those type of missions, everyone puts in the work they get the rewards and progress together.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-08-16 at 1:23 PM, Bolo_Nike said:

@Jax_Cavalera I think that he meant that the squire and host have two separate reward pools enticing you to play both sides to get all rewards.

Yeah that was my impression as well. Completing a mission should yield identical rewards as completion requires both and that way players aren't forced to try host on a machine or with internet connectivity incapable of doing so.. where it forces host migration on them.

Rewards per role may or may not increase replayability by the community since the actual mission never changes in the same way other raid type missions (teralysts nowdays) benefit from dedicated roles but do not force them to get specific drops.

Forcing roles however will unnecessarily increase the grind factor.