Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wanna talk about Trinity + Castanas?

Trekiros

33 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Oh god, here we go... not Equinox, please no ... 😐

Suggestion: why don't you guys give us some real high level enemies to fight that can match our current loadout/dps potential instead of these baby enemies we face on a daily basis? Then you'd stop seeing mid-level AoE builds like castanas trinity one shot the whole map with a button click and single target weapons like snipers would start to truly show their potential. And look and behold, no more need to nerf everything under the sun because we'd finally be faced with a proper challenge for our power level. Castanas trinity wasn't even that strong compared to other stuff out there, it's just the enemy level in ESO was too low. 

The problem with that is that the builds still exist and will still be issues for the content predating even higher level content, sure there is a more sensible outlet for our current builds but everything else in the game continues to suffer. And just bumping everything up equally still leaves the problem of builds grossly outperforming others with less effort put into making/playing them.

Also from DE's point of view they get nothing but conflicting messages from the community. People have asked for higher level content, nerfing enemy armor scaling, nerfing enemies that nullify our abilities, and end game content. The only thing all of that does is make an easier game with no hope for end game and larger, more pointless, numbers.

This game can never have any type of end game that lasts longer than a month without a solid balancing baseline put on the players.

2 hours ago, Sahysa said:

Yes.  Apparently they aren't over yet.  Would someone like to point out that Saryn 3.0 is able to be just as dominant in the damage department as this? 

I didn't know Saryn could give her team 75% damage reduction and infinite energy.  Have we really gotten to the point where the best healer in the game should be doing as much damage as SARYN 3.0?

1 hour ago, Orfeusz said:

If someone really wants to play as DPS trinity (even if it is not fitting her role), shouldn't we let that person to do this ?

No, we shouldn't.

Trinity is full-stop the defacto strongest healer in the game.  She should not by proxy also be capable of being the best nuke too.  That's imbalanced and silly.  Proper choice in a videogame is not about allowing players to do whatever they want whenever they want.

1 hour ago, Sannidor said:

Why not make enemies smarter and more challenging to fight?

How does one "make enemies smarter" or "more challenging" when you're able to;

1. Fully and instantly heal yourself and all allies to 100% HP.
  2. Have 75% or more Damage Resistance at all times.
  3. Have access to an infinitely loop-capable energy restore ability that regens more than it costs to use.
  4. Have the ability to automatically instantly kill multiple enemies through any thickness of walls over a huge area.

If enemies were "made smarter" they'd abandon ship the moment a NukeTrin showed up.  Then orbital bombard the area and call it a net loss and be done with it.  No amount of tactics can counter something that is the best healer and can also auto-kill everything that gets within half a football field of its location.

Also if this patch hits on Wednesday, it'll be a full revival of olden days.  So fingers crossed I suppose.

hace 3 horas, --Q--Voltage dijo:

Trinity Link DPS has been around for 3 years now. I am confused as to why this is being completely killed instead of recalculating how damage reduction works between Diamond Skin and Aviator stacking additive to each other instead of multiplicative. That simple change will still allow players to nuke the map, but it would require more micromanaging between Bless, Link, EV, Quick Thinking, Arcane Energize/Zenurik, all while damaging yourself in some fashion.

After this change, people will just complain that Equinox is taking their kills in Onslaught or Hydron and then what? It happened to Mesa in 2015, it happened to Mag in 2015, it happened to Saryn in 2015, it happened to Limbo after his rework, it happened to Wukong, it happened to Banshee, it happened to Ember, and now it is happening to Trinity. It is sad that more and more gear suffers to slow down the pace of the game.

It looks like I will be putting my Link Trinity build right next to my Hybrid LoR build, my Tonkor, and my Synoid Simulor.

People doesnt like how other people play, simple and easy, thats why they always cry on forums. Just gonna wait to see if they cry about something else "stealing" their kills on ESO after this "balance".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They couldn't tone down the build, they had to completely remove it. Such a shame. It is (was lol) an interesting and unorthodox way to utilise her kit, and now it's dead. Back to clearing rooms with mesa, equinox, volt, saryn, nova etc

That silly Castana trick is just another symptom of the problem.

We're too powerful to be fighting the same level enemies we've been fighting 4+ years.

You're gunna change a tactic that gets out scaled and keep the Trinity + Mag one-shot lvl 9,999 EV spam?

Okay.

Might want to fix Blessing stacking with other Blessings. 3 Trinity + Gara can get 99.98% Damage Reduction using an Ancient Healer. Of course they're not going to have the damage output to push much past lvl 500 but scaling performance doesn't seem to matter.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are going to change just that - no self-damage through Link. We are going to apply this rule to Trinity, Nidus, and Nekros for consistency. Trinity is a fantastic support Warframe and being top-tier DPS in addition to that role does not suit her. Expect this change this week on PC!

Got 'em

2 hours ago, Sannidor said:

Exactly. 

Why is Chroma allowed to do self damage? Why self damage exist at all? Or friendly fire with radiation or by Mirage? Why sarcophagus Inaros can feed of pets to revive?

"It was never intended" is such an awful excuse for nerfs.

As Chroma is my favorite frame (conceptually) I will tell you that "he shouldn't be allowed to self-damage". I'll tell you, any member of DE, any world leader, anyone you want that it just shouldn't happen. Hopefully DE will correct it one day and actually make Vex useful.

But I'll let you in on a certain inconsistency and false equivalency between what is happening to Trinity and the status of Chroma... Chroma self damaging isn't clearing maps. In fact his self damage is so pointless that he could do it all day long and still not have a stronger buff than a decked out Rhino in either offense or defense. People say "oh Chroma is strong" by accepting that self-damage covers up his flaws. I could only hope that getting rid of it and people will understand that he is not "okay".

4 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It is sad that more and more gear suffers to slow down the pace of the game.

This argument doesn't really work well when defending something as utterly broken and mechanically out of place as link castanas.

36 minutes ago, Divious said:

GJ with the false equivalence.

Actually Equinox should be nerfed, because just like Trinity got nerfed as a DPS while she's a healer support, Equinox should got nerfed as a healer CC while she's a DPS.

The equivalence is accurate.

3 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Oh god, here we go... not Equinox, please no ... 😐

Suggestion: why don't you guys give us some real high level enemies to fight that can match our current loadout/dps potential instead of these baby enemies we face on a daily basis? Then you'd stop seeing mid-level AoE builds like castanas trinity one shot the whole map with a button click and single target weapons like snipers would start to truly show their potential. And look and behold, no more need to nerf everything under the sun because we'd finally be faced with a proper challenge for our power level. Castanas trinity wasn't even that strong compared to other stuff out there, it's just the enemy level in ESO was too low. 

They will very likely "rework" Equinox and Volt next, because those 2 are the next best thing after Trinity (Wait, didn't Volt already get reworked)

Notice DE pattern to balance everything around onslut. They pretty much made Saryn to less useful on onslut, while at the same time trashing her in every other content

14 minutes ago, HolyDemon00 said:

Actually Equinox should be nerfed, because just like Trinity got nerfed as a DPS while she's a healer support, Equinox should got nerfed as a healer CC while she's a DPS.

The equivalence is accurate.

Man, you guys try really hard to bring this game down with all your nerfs. 

Regardless, your argument is false. Equinox is not just a dps, she's a hybrid yin yang type of character that balances both dps and support. Other games have this same character role. 

21 minutes ago, HolyDemon00 said:

They will very likely "rework" Equinox and Volt next, because those 2 are the next best thing after Trinity (Wait, didn't Volt already get reworked)

Notice DE pattern to balance everything around onslut. They pretty much made Saryn to less useful on onslut, while at the same time trashing her in every other content

Yep, Volt got re-worked to be yet another press 4 to win more than he already was. Reason after two years of playing him I switched to Khora because Volt lost his appeal after that.

2 hours ago, PikeOrShield said:

I didn't know Saryn could give her team 75% damage reduction and infinite energy.  Have we really gotten to the point where the best healer in the game should be doing as much damage as SARYN 3.0?

No, I was strictly talking about the damage department.  It requires a rigorous rotation to do all of the above at the same time. Trins have be doing this since the Ogris came out.  My post was calling attention to who get reworked/changed and why.  The prescience of removal is what I want to call attention to.

Edited by Sahysa

39 minutes ago, HolyDemon00 said:

Funny that considering there largest open world incoming soon, and yet rhino, harrow, and zepha are the best for POE due to range Limatashions on most frames

"Why does Chroma get to self damage?"

Because he doesn't clear maps and still does less damage than a decked out Rhino?

Can we stop projecting our salt onto other frames who don't need to be nerfed? If you want to play a game where you kill things by jumping then go play Mario Brothers on an emulator.

6 minutes ago, -TPF-01- said:

Wants to know ? Ember was nerf, invested in banshee and also nerf, invested in melee high range now hits the walls and items around, now invested in the trinity to be able to make credits with greater agility will also end the fun! it would be better for the game to have 1 character only and 1 weapon only, so everything stays the same. No further ! to giving up once and for all.

So what if every frame had a instakill everything button? Would the game be fun then?

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are going to change just that - no self-damage through Link. We are going to apply this rule to Trinity, Nidus, and Nekros for consistency. Trinity is a fantastic support Warframe and being top-tier DPS in addition to that role does not suit her. Expect this change this week on PC!

If self damage wont matter anymore perhaps reverse her blessing ability to before? Where you can get up to 99% damage reduction. If self damage cant be abused anymore that version of blessing shouldnt be an issue then.

1 hour ago, DMXGeo said:

"Why does Chroma get to self damage?"

Because he doesn't clear maps and still does less damage than a decked out Rhino?

Can we stop projecting our salt onto other frames who don't need to be nerfed? If you want to play a game where you kill things by jumping then go play Mario Brothers on an emulator.

Is this pointed at me? I am going to assume so because you used my words.

I most certainly said he shouldn't self-damage. I am not really salty at Rhino and there isn't any reason to nerf him. He is well within his role and not exploiting anything to get his results. I am really more salty at the state of Chroma. Rhino gets his results for just using his skill while Chroma has to "risk" himself to build up to his full potential. So then why is it that for the increased risk that Chroma has to go through is it that he is only catching up to Rhino who is getting it instantly? The Risk vs Reward concept is way off there. Chroma "should" easily be the higher performer there for fulfilling that extra risk... but he is not. Why is he not? Because he can self damage thus lowering his "risk". Then we can look at the rest of Chroma's kit and look at how lackluster it is and it makes even less sense and it made more sense when his calculations were broken. If getting rid of self damage on Chroma means everyone can look at him and see he is not in a good position than great!