Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guardian Derision Range

-Virtuoso-

Thanks @--Q--Savokki for the thread possibly being in the general didn't catch much attention or it was a busy week for DE, so here's my attempt to give some life to this discussion: 

DEar DE,

We, the pocket players who love tanking, and will like to promote safety to our DPS-crowd and provide breathing room for our Support-base, pray and hope with due respect that you would consider increasing the range of the ONLY mod or 'aggro generating option' available which can be used without the restrictions of specific frames and melee weapons. 15m is kinda 'okay' even in small tiles to protect a defense objective, let alone running-and-gunning-full-of-life tennos. About 40-50m range should be sufficient enough to use this mod in any tile and will ensure that the balanced environment of the game proceeds to a better understanding and encourage others to pick up this healthy trend as well.

Hope it reaches you before all the changes of upcoming melee balance go through and you consider looking into this playstyle keeping all the changes in mind.
Many thanks again for this awesome game and how you keep it healthy ❤️

Edited by -Virtuoso-

I'm sorry, but I found this mod to be as useful as Retribution and Shock Absorbers...
You know what's better than trying to get enemies to shoot you? Killing them!

The ONLY way I see this mod being useful is when using Vaykor Sydon or using it to charge Equinoxes' Peaceful Provocation (which even then, doesn't require YOU to be damaged, it can be anyone)

If you really want this though, maybe DE can make Range mods affect it... for the 1% of the playerbase that even knows what it is/what it does :P
(If nothing else, it can be used as a Hold My Beer video for Tactical Potato)

With the Changes that are coming for Range on Melee, maybe they could make it so that Guardian Derision is affected by Range mods. So we would be able to build effective Tanks to protect our Teams 🙂

The mod already synergizes well with Vaykor Sydon and Ack & Brunt, but their Augument Mod/Abilitys should also scale with Range Mods.

• 4 weeks later...

Would prefer guardian derision keep its existing range, which is a reasonable range at which a taunt would be expected to work. Being able to tank cheeze a whole room of content at longer range and break mob AI in ever more new and creative ways is not something the game needs IMO.