The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie 3 today... lephantis lvl 100 "secondary only"

Had a trinity, 2 nova, and a mesa. Assuming everyone had well modded secondary though. We did around 25% damage each.

2x Corrosive projection, lex primes did its job well enough. Still took just over half an hour though, but the last body went down really quickly compared to the initial phase.

Definately bring CP and a slowva.

Spoiler

All that left clicking for 4000 endo. I don't know why I still play this game

This being my third sortie, I noticed it being my first where the squad did not stay together for the whole sortie.

With Lephantis then, after a lot of disconnects and HMs with return to the orbiter, I joined a squad that managed to move in on the boss room and as soon as the first head emerged, a max range Limbo pulled out his bubble.

A lot of quits followed soon after.

2nd joined squad then managed to take him down quiet easily, allthough my decently modded Twin Grakatas only dealt 2% damage until I ran out of ammunition.

Next time I bring some ammo restores...

This one is a bit of a mess.

First off - people do not read the description of the bloody thing and come completely unprepared, with dinky weapons.

Second, there seems to be the glitch in this fight - that increases the chances of random disconnects - at first I though it was people just leaving the fight, but after a while it hit me twice with a random DC.

Just now, EliteStrike1 said:

You probably missed the screen prompt saying "imminent mission failure kill remaining enemies" 

It's in every mission that not killing anything for 15 minutes prompts that message and then fails you.  Lephantis heads from stage 1 aren't kills so don't delay this.

Ah fair enough. No I don't recall seeing anything like that but it was dragging on hardcore.

21 hours ago, PhoenixShadowEvil said:

Really?  possible beat it?

Once you realize that he has the weird conclave damage reduction you will understand how to beat him

Always equip only one weapon against him, whether it's primary or secondary, I like stuff with lots of physical and corrosive damage (euphona prime, aksomati if you've got a nice riven, sybaris prime, plenty of choices)

If he's a level 100 sortie target take some energy restores and ammo restores too

Before I did this it always took forever to kill him, now he dies fairly easily, razorwing and other warframe abilities can help too of course

1 hour ago, Degameth said:

I used Titania with Razorwing Blitz mod. Good damage and only died once when I got too close to his cleave.

It was secondary only though.  Titania's Razorwing uses primary mods.  Last I checked, DE had disallowed the use of mods on restricted weapons for exalted weapons (which is something that has gone back and forth a couple of times since sorties came out).  Did they revert back once again to allowing exalted weapons to work on restricted weapon mods?

6 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

It was secondary only though.  Titania's Razorwing uses primary mods.  Last I checked, DE had disallowed the use of mods on restricted weapons for exalted weapons (which is something that has gone back and forth a couple of times since sorties came out).  Did they revert back once again to allowing exalted weapons to work on restricted weapon mods?

That still wouldn't stop an exalted weapon from working and doing damage.  The exalted weapons still scale from power strength.  So with enough or decent power strength, Dex Pixia, Artemis, etc still work well.  Just not as powerful as they would be with the mods also.  

Edit: With the upcoming exalted weapon modding change, this won't matter anymore.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

It's kinda sad that people consider it pointless and hard fighting a boss forf 5~ish mins in this game. I wish all bosses were like that instead of being 1shot+. Maybe it's just me, but right now bosses are just regular enemies with fancy transition phases (sometimes) and they should give more challenges.
I remember when me and my friends started playing this game, we were advancing through the starchart together with S#&$ gear and barely any mods and not even ranked up. It was really fun and actually challenging on the Raptor (Europa) specifically, running out of ammo and having to hide and stuff. It all goes away when you get new weapons and mods sadly 😕

My squad of ransoms did it pretty easily. Nova, chroma, rhino and someone I can't remember. I used euphona prime and idk what they used. Nova just slows him so you get more time to shoot. Rhino and chroma buff you, rhino can also freeze him but not as long. Then just waste away at him. If you run out of ammo try bringing ammo frisbees. Just nice to have IMO. 

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That still wouldn't stop an exalted weapon from working and doing damage.  The exalted weapons still scale from power strength.  So with enough or decent power strength, Dex Pixia, Artemis, etc still work well.  Just not as powerful as they would be with the mods also.

Yeah, they still work, but losing the use of mods really hurts the damage output I would think.

Either way, Chroma and Lex Prime worked for me.  Didn't need any ammo restores (although I always have large ammo restores on hand).

6 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

It's kinda sad that people consider it pointless and hard fighting a boss forf 5~ish mins in this game. I wish all bosses were like that instead of being 1shot+. Maybe it's just me, but right now bosses are just regular enemies with fancy transition phases (sometimes) and they should give more challenges.
I remember when me and my friends started playing this game, we were advancing through the starchart together with S#&$ gear and barely any mods and not even ranked up. It was really fun and actually challenging on the Raptor (Europa) specifically, running out of ammo and having to hide and stuff. It all goes away when you get new weapons and mods sadly 😕

Agreed, guess they don't want that the kiddo's and casuals leave the game because it's too hard.

For that same reason many games got dumbed down, to attract a bigger audience, which means more income

21 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

Problem here and on reddit is people try being way too damn nice and that just makes people stay a baby