Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.7

[DE]Megan

Until DE's patch notes say the equivalent of: "Hey playerbase, we were wrong, the spores spreading on death was actually critical to how the Saryn functioned and we never should have changed it in the first place because spores always spreading on death is just basic functionality that shouldn't be messed with. You were correct about that and we're gonna make it right going forward." Until that time happens, there will be zero interest from the majority of the playerbase in ever using her at all outside of mastery rank fodder. Welcome to the shelf Saryn, it gets mighty dusty up here. Maybe DE will relook at you in a few years like Nyx, but don't get your hopes up.

40 minutes ago, Khlamydia said:

Until DE's patch notes say the equivalent of: "Hey playerbase, we were wrong, the spores spreading on death was actually critical to how the Saryn functioned and we never should have changed it in the first place because spores always spreading on death is just basic functionality that shouldn't be messed with. You were correct about that and we're gonna make it right going forward." Until that time happens, there will be zero interest from the majority of the playerbase in ever using her at all outside of mastery rank fodder. Welcome to the shelf Saryn, it gets mighty dusty up here. Maybe DE will relook at you in a few years like Nyx, but don't get your hopes up.

So much salt...

Personally the changes in this hotfix have put saryn exactly where I was hoping she would be when the main update rolled out. Spores isn't just stick it and forget it. It requires a little work on the players part to figure out how to beat utilize her now.

Hint: going full ham on power strength isn't necessarily the best build. Personally I have found the sweet spot at 120 power strength. Ticks corrosive fast enough to dent enemies, doesn't ramp up so fast that you can't control the spread very much, and doesn't totally gimp your miasma.

The only thing that currently sucks is that miasma hasn't been given the 1s extra duration like noted. Once that hits she will be perfect.

Btw, you didn't mention this in your post but I want to make sure you are clear. Miasma causes spore to spread when it kills enemies. Much more effectively than saryn 2.0 did. The only difference with this new system is that saryn is largely in control of how she spreads the spores.

5 hours ago, Scruphe said:

Thanks for nerfing Saryn again with Miasma, obviously everyone been begging for it. smh.
At least somethings were added back to spores. 

Before commenting do some research. It has been noted multiple times in this thread that the changes to miasma in this hotfix are not only a net gain in damage but a huge boost to functionality. 

the least you can do is not be rude about what you mistakingly see as a nerf.

5 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

THANK YOU!!!!! 😄 this will be GREAT for all level content now instead of just high level.

did a clem mission and had a blast...did a regular onslaught and had an even better time.....now i am using ALL my abilities instead of just recasting one all the time with the occasional recast of 3...2 for getting out of dodge and 4 for viral procs.

I'm enjoying saryn a hell of a lot more than 2.0 that is for sure (not that i ever used the spore turret, that was boring af).

at first i saw the miasma damage as a nerf...but then realized ive NEVER used it for damage, but for the viral proc to coincide with her ever increasing 1 damage.

It isn't a nerf to damage regardless of how you use it. 

The duration hasn't been added in like the notes say, but once it is patched it will be a net gain in both damage and viral status. 

34 minutes ago, Khlamydia said:

Basically. Spread on death works. Nobody asked for spore damage to tick up. People were fine with spores being a spreadable viral debuff. This entire rework was uncalled for and It makes me wonder what the hell is there a feedback section when it so very clearly goes unused. Like, every time saryn's been reworked it was with the obvious intent to kill off whatever worked. Miasma was saryn's go-to in the base so suddenly it relied on spores and contagion to get the damage back up to anywhere near how it was before. So players just dropped miasma use altogether and focused on spore use.

Now this time around it's spore's turn to get a bottle shoved up somewhere as spores loses spread on death. The damage increase might seem like a buff at first but then you take into account the fact that spores now have a hard cap on the number of infected enemies, it no longer inflicts viral, and will most likely just end up killing a bunch of weak mooks before petering out and needing to be recast (both events also significantly lowering your built up damage to the point where it might as well not exist), this ends up leaving Spores as a useless ability.

With the upcoming venus map poor saryn isn't going to be able to enjoy the open world unless enemies travel in a conga line several miles long.

4 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

So much salt...

Personally the changes in this hotfix have put saryn exactly where I was hoping she would be when the main update rolled out. Spores isn't just stick it and forget it. It requires a little work on the players part to figure out how to beat utilize her now.

Hint: going full ham on power strength isn't necessarily the best build. Personally I have found the sweet spot at 120 power strength. Ticks corrosive fast enough to dent enemies, doesn't ramp up so fast that you can't control the spread very much, and doesn't totally gimp your miasma.

The only thing that currently sucks is that miasma hasn't been given the 1s extra duration like noted. Once that hits she will be perfect.

Btw, you didn't mention this in your post but I want to make sure you are clear. Miasma causes spore to spread when it kills enemies. Much more effectively than saryn 2.0 did. The only difference with this new system is that saryn is largely in control of how she spreads the spores.

2.0 spores weren't either but apparently that wasn't enough. It's literally in the same space as it was before, but is now more tedious and spreads less for arbitrary reasons.

You're making the assumption about his build, and that just makes you an ass.

Miasma causes them to spread IF it kills them. And from testing that isn't always the case and just makes saryn even more of an energy guzzler than before. I'm not sure what they're doing but it's clearly not playtesting any of these changes.

5 hours ago, Omega1084 said:

Okay so you fixed an aspect of Saryn and... nerfed another. You just can't help it can you?

Controllers still unplayable though so it's not like I'm logging in any time soon except for the dailies but still.

*sigh*

Also noticed Operator hairs are still invisible from behind, it's been 10 years now what the flip?

Mind you, even your baby Plains of Eidolon is still broken to hell so this is all moot.

Nothing was nerfed in this update...

Just now, Rankii said:

Basically. Spread on death works. Nobody asked for spore damage to tick up. People were fine with spores being a spreadable viral debuff. This entire rework was uncalled for and It makes me wonder what the hell is there a feedback section when it so very clearly goes unused. Like, every time saryn's been reworked it was with the obvious intent to kill off whatever worked. Miasma was saryn's go-to in the base so suddenly it relied on spores and contagion to get the damage back up to anywhere near how it was before. So players just dropped miasma use altogether and focused on spore use.

Now this time around it's spore's turn to get a bottle shoved up somewhere as spores loses spread on death. The damage increase might seem like a buff at first but then you take into account the fact that spores now have a hard cap on the number of infected enemies, it no longer inflicts viral, and will most likely just end up killing a bunch of weak mooks before petering out and needing to be recast (both events also significantly lowering your built up damage to the point where it might as well not exist), this ends up leaving Spores as a useless ability.

With the upcoming venus map poor saryn isn't going to be able to enjoy the open world unless enemies travel in a conga line several miles long.

2.0 spores weren't either but apparently that wasn't enough. It's literally in the same space as it was before, but is now more tedious and spreads less for arbitrary reasons.

You're making the assumption about his build, and that just makes you an ass.

Miasma causes them to spread IF it kills them. And from testing that isn't always the case and just makes saryn even more of an energy guzzler than before. I'm not sure what they're doing but it's clearly not playtesting any of these changes.

Miasma causes them to spread if they are affected by miasma not if it is what kills... it is not only clear in the notes it is obvious when you test it 

3 hours ago, MasaJin said:

Does anyone realize this just brings back spam 4 to win? 

1. Cast spores

2. Miasma to make everything catch it 

3. Profit

This only works in ESO tho but i dont really care for that game mode can we just take the dps away and give back the spread on death i miss her as a debuff frame 

While this is true it requires synergy between the abilities, which is a much better place for her to be. It is also much more costly to spam this over simply stacking spores.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Nothing was nerfed in this update...

They literally said they dropped miasma's damage. It's there in the notes.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Miasma causes them to spread if they are affected by miasma not if it is what kills... it is not only clear in the notes it is obvious when you test it 

And that isn't always the case. Like I said the spores don't always spread, and with the cap on infested enemies spreading with miasma only chugs energy most of the time. spending around 75 energy to infect a few extra enemies isn't justification for these nerfs.

4 minutes ago, Rankii said:

They literally said they dropped miasma's damage. It's there in the notes.

And that isn't always the case. Like I said the spores don't always spread, and with the cap on infested enemies spreading with miasma only chugs energy most of the time. spending around 75 energy to infect a few extra enemies isn't justification for these nerfs.

Regarding the change to miasmas damage. Lower tick damage longer duration means a net gain in damage. I ran the numbers on this earlier in the thread.

The only reason it is currently not a gain in damage is because they didn't put in the increased duration as was noted.

I would have to agree that spending 75 energy is kind of foolish. That's why you get some efficiency mods and cut it to something more reasonable. Which is easily done after this patch.

I also had no issues spreading spores with this patch. I'm not sure about the issues you are talking about. Spores have always been a little finicky about spreading but with the range boost it is much better than it ever used to be 

Just now, Leqesai said:

Regarding the change to miasmas damage. Lower tick damage longer duration means a net gain in damage. I ran the numbers on this earlier in the thread.

The only reason it is currently not a gain in damage is because they didn't put in the increased duration as was noted.

I would have to agree that spending 85 energy is kind of foolish. That's why you get some efficiency mods and cut it to something more reasonable. Which is easily done after this patch.

I said around 75 for a reason. I don't know the exact number streamline drops it down to off the top of my head, but the point is it's chugging energy for +4 enemies infected. I'm running over 230 range and it feels like I have to physically pick up spores and rub them against something and hope that something flakes off and sticks to new enemies. These changes are pants-on-head $&*&*#(%&ed when 2.0 was at least functioning. Not great, and molt still is a sadly neglected ability, but at least 2.0 wasn't as much of a hot mess as this.

Imo the pigmnet contribution requirement for the new colours is insane, such as for a mountain clan 15000 devar pigments which only drop from tusk mortar bombards. Again forcing us to go to plains and do an uneasy job which we don't like at all. Please have a look at the calculations as it might not be intended.

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.7

Fixes:

• Fixes towards Clients having their Abilities blocked if they join a Host right as they transition through the initial Onslaught Conduit. 

Still happening after hotfix

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Leqesai:

Before commenting do some research. It has been noted multiple times in this thread that the changes to miasma in this hotfix are not only a net gain in damage but a huge boost to functionality. 

the least you can do is not be rude about what you mistakingly see as a nerf.

There is no net gain in damage on miasma, it literally is the same damage, only spread over one more second..

They increased its efficiency, lowered its dps and gave us some aoe spore spreading capabilities.

Also spores are not increasing miasma damage when i tried it, oddly the extinguished dragon key didnt lower it aswell.

€: Apparently the key never affected ailities.

>HOW< are the abilities of Saryn "easier to understand" than before now?

before i could cast 1 on 2 kill with 3 and cast 4 and knew the abilities synergize somehow. the more abilities i "combine" the more dmg i get. quite easy to understand.

now i have the initial spores spreading on death, the others dont (by default)
dmg decay (on recast), dmg decay with nullifiers, dmg increase of spores
spore spread on death through miasma
line of sight and lots of other ifs and whens to cover cases like, teammate kills the initial target, no 2nd enemy near and whatso ever. spores dont even spread based on path finding!

it is more complex than ever. great job.

the fun definitely got removed as well.

So nice to see the continued efforts! 

And thanks for the clarity on Resonating Quake...  I'd like a little more if the gawds permit... specifically the decay rate... is it a set amount out to what ever you max range is? or perhaps there's an end plateau and the damage doesn't drop below that once reached? I haven't been able to find anything defining just what is meant by "gradual decrease." If I've missed it somehow please point me towards it..

10 hours ago, Scruphe said:

Did you REALLY just propose for Saryn to drain even more energy?

As a option. You could have a choice here.

Also I do not have any problems with Energy on Saryn and now with Miasma costing 75 energy and rage.

You can easly stack up some energy with Rage having Molt healing you and Arcane Guardian.

So as a choice, yes she could drain more if anyone wants it. If not you dont have to switch lash on to energy drain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:

While this is true it requires synergy between the abilities, which is a much better place for her to be. It is also much more costly to spam this over simply stacking spores.

Not really i already tested it just becuase it says 75 energy doesnt mean i cant use efficiently to lower it and spam it all over the place she became a boring spam bot that can hide half away across the map with good enough range and you no longer need her 2 or 3 to do anything synergy is at a all time low 

Archived