Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.7

[DE]Megan

13 hours ago, Bladereap3r said:

....poor Saryn, hopefully at the end of the tunnel of Take-Aways & Changes she will please the majority! :heart:

3IWXl9r.gif Dev's for this current Patch! :cool:

Trust me, she doesn't.  The Saryn rework Megathread/Spores Dev Workshop thread is mostly "please rollback to 2.0 and do this correctly" or "I could live with it if--"

2.0 was better, full stop.  They took a chainsaw to a situation that needed a scalpel and now they're shoehorning her from being a debuff frame that was good across all modes to a damage frame and balanced openly around a single game mode that not everyone has access to or even likes.  Spores and Misama didn't need the flip.  Infinite scaling and power was a cool idea, but not being willing to roll it back and just continually hammering the square peg into the round hole until it fits is really frustrating.  Playing her in the actual game is a gigantic pain, and total trainwreck on the Plains (god help us for Venus), and they just won't go back on it no matter what, even after the admission they should have just done light touches and saved this kind of mechanic for a new 'frame.

It's just... really, really frustrating.

6 hours ago, Rankii said:

I said around 75 for a reason. I don't know the exact number streamline drops it down to off the top of my head, but the point is it's chugging energy for +4 enemies infected. I'm running over 230 range and it feels like I have to physically pick up spores and rub them against something and hope that something flakes off and sticks to new enemies. These changes are pants-on-head $&*&*#(%&ed when 2.0 was at least functioning. Not great, and molt still is a sadly neglected ability, but at least 2.0 wasn't as much of a hot mess as this.

Streamline drops it to like 53. Fleeting and streamline together drop it to like 19 or something like that.

4 hours ago, BrotherAntagonist said:

There is no net gain in damage on miasma, it literally is the same damage, only spread over one more second..

They increased its efficiency, lowered its dps and gave us some aoe spore spreading capabilities.

Also spores are not increasing miasma damage when i tried it, oddly the extinguished dragon key didnt lower it aswell.

€: Apparently the key never affected ailities.

Previously it was 350 per second for 5s

This patch is supposed to change it to 300 a second for 6s

Basic math will tell you this is a net gain over time.

350x5 is 1750

300x6 is 1800

The only issue is that they did not properly change the duration to 6s as was noted in the patch notes.

If they keep it at 5s it is a loss but 6s will be a gain.

17 minutes ago, MasaJin said:

Not really i already tested it just becuase it says 75 energy doesnt mean i cant use efficiently to lower it and spam it all over the place she became a boring spam bot that can hide half away across the map with good enough range and you no longer need her 2 or 3 to do anything synergy is at a all time low 

In one of my builds she relies on the 1 2 and 4 abilities. I rarely use the 3 for this build because it uses miasma to spread.

The other build I use is non spore and uses the 2 and 3 to turn saryn into a massive powerhouse at roughly 90% extra damage and constant heals whenever needed.

I'm sure there is a good build that uses the 1 2 and 3 or the 2 3 and 4. Though I typically prefer to play frames with one or two synergies over 3 or 4. Managing 3 or 4 abilities in warframe is a bit too chaotic.

Saryn gives us a few options and is in a pretty good place.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Leqesai:

Previously it was 350 per second for 5s

This patch is supposed to change it to 300 a second for 6s

Basic math will tell you this is a net gain over time.

350x5 is 1750

300x6 is 1800

The only issue is that they did not properly change the duration to 6s as was noted in the patch notes.

If they keep it at 5s it is a loss but 6s will be a gain.

It did 6 ticks in 5 seconds for 350, and 7 ticks in 6 seconds for 300, so  2100 on both

First tick is instantly, then every second another tick

7 minutes ago, BrotherAntagonist said:

It did 6 ticks in 5 seconds for 350, and 7 ticks in 6 seconds for 300, so  2100 on both

First tick is instantly, then every second another tick

Of course my math would be wrong. Fantastic. Let's all point at the monkey in the window and laugh at him.

Well thanks for finding my error, I guess. Hahaha

I suppose it's karma for me being an ass in my response. Many apologies to anyone I was a turd to because of my stupid math.

17 hours ago, Fast_Pickle said:

so you're gona blame someone else for going to hydron with 2 people and a random disconnect. you know the hotfix doesnt force you out of missions right? Even then any nidus could have handled that level of content blindfolded

no for random disconnect, when hotfix is deployed, it sayes that you need to restart the game. In THAT moment it automatically kick players out of the mission and they cant be reinvited cuz "objective has been completed"

18 hours ago, Fast_Pickle said:

so you're gona blame someone else for going to hydron with 2 people and a random disconnect. you know the hotfix doesnt force you out of missions right? Even then any nidus could have handled that level of content blindfolded

i would not post this here if that not happed to me fourth time in a row

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Doubled the Tower White Pigment drop chance and reduced the Pigment quantity to 5.

You serious right now ? i could understand reduction when it owudl be boguht to 100% how it should be but not  after juts doubling this to mere 10%... stop frocing grindwalls into game

Defntly my final opinion about this last Saryn change:

AWSOME, keep her this way or the least on this path, it improved her energy efficiency, the ult now have a cool usage, we can keep the energy relatively well with zenurik or energize r3 ( on my last post i didnt test her enough to provide a good conclusion please forgive me ), and the tick dmg change on spore was ok, But the most important it is no longer a limited to small rooms frame, and its good both in solo or team missions, i certainly preffer to play Saryn this new way than keep casting my spores into a clone.

and dont forget to mention the bug fixes on corrupted enemies.

If Saryn stands this way from now on ill apreciate, i dont know if my posts helped in any way but as much as i find a bug or think about any improvement or idea to contribute i will post.

Nice work, thank you DE, now it is time to buy those tennogens for my Saryn ^-^.

Is there any chance for a Ki'teer Sekhara fix? Their particle effects have been tweaked perfectly :satisfied:, but their clipping with armour is off. It's best visible with the Eos Prime pieces but it is noticable in any armour set.

This change for Saryn is a step in the right direction. I still prefer Saryn 2.0 Spores spreading toxin damage and spreading on their own. The Toxic Lash change is the only real improvement, imo. Molt still feels clunky to use, maybe make is so if you recast Molt while it is still up is costs no energy and just detonates the Molt.

what about the slow build up on damage growth? it takes ages to build up damage and the best way is to play melee with condition overload. the frame went from caster to melee and casting miasma once in a while to spread spores to other enemies to kill with melee

3 hours ago, JetstreamAlex said:

Dear DE,

You ruined a wonderful warframe...

I've been playing saryn pretty extensively through all the changes her current state is probably the best yet... So much so I'm betting she is nerfed again before she hits console. 

So she's not ruined at the moment but I still fear for her future. 

( PS4 as Main are updates are kind of slow lately with all of the changes and rechanges on PC so I made this account) 

23 hours ago, FormatDriveC said:

-decaying warning removal, pointless for me i dont look at the counter i feel obcessed when i do '-'...;☺️

if you look the counter you will be depressed if you see how slow it builds up. it takes ages to even reach 2k damage and if you don't have high power strength it will be a miracle if you reach 2k. a youtuber with 109 power strength could barely reach 1k in onslaught. imagine outside onslaught

19 hours ago, Bladereap3r said:

....poor Saryn, hopefully at the end of the tunnel of Take-Aways & Changes she will please the majority! :heart:

3IWXl9r.gif Dev's for this current Patch! :cool:

if they don't remove the % of ramped up damage loss after recasting spores and make the ramp up damage grow faster i'm not saying thank you

13 hours ago, Leqesai said:

So much salt...

Personally the changes in this hotfix have put saryn exactly where I was hoping she would be when the main update rolled out. Spores isn't just stick it and forget it. It requires a little work on the players part to figure out how to beat utilize her now.

Hint: going full ham on power strength isn't necessarily the best build. Personally I have found the sweet spot at 120 power strength. Ticks corrosive fast enough to dent enemies, doesn't ramp up so fast that you can't control the spread very much, and doesn't totally gimp your miasma.

The only thing that currently sucks is that miasma hasn't been given the 1s extra duration like noted. Once that hits she will be perfect.

so much salt cause some have different opinion than you? nice joke. you gave me a good laugh

the ramp up damage is slow and i don't like it. you need lot's of power strength so that the idiotic % of ramped damage you lose after recasting spores isn't high(with 120% power strength it should be around 18%. default is 20%), higher corrosive proc(120% power strength should be 55-56% chance. not satisfied with this %), and you ramp up damage a bit faster(with 120% power strength it's around 2.35 damage per enemy which is a joke). at higher level 120% power strength is low cause the damage ramps up very slow and enemies have high health to strip armor and for corpus and infested that don't have armor to strip the damage is low

the slow ramp up damage sucks, and the % of ramped damage you lose after recasting spores also sucks, especially if the decay meter has started countdown. the ramp up damage needs some speed, and the punishment for recasting spores has to go away. then the frame will be ok. even before this change these were my only 2 problems

Just now, Raijin83 said:

if they don't remove the % of ramped up damage loss after recasting spores and make the ramp up damage grow faster i'm not saying thank you

so much salt cause some have different opinion than you? nice joke. you gave me a good laugh

the ramp up damage is slow and i don't like it. you need lot's of power strength so that the idiotic % of ramped damage you lose after recasting spores isn't high(with 120% power strength it should be around 18%. default is 20%), higher corrosive proc(120% power strength should be 55-56% chance. not satisfied with this %), and you ramp up damage a bit faster(with 120% power strength it's around 2.35 damage per enemy which is a joke). at higher level 120% power strength is low cause the damage ramps up very slow and enemies have high health to strip armor and for corpus and infested that don't have armor to strip the damage is low

the slow ramp up damage sucks, and the % of ramped damage you lose after recasting spores also sucks, especially if the decay meter has started countdown. the ramp up damage needs some speed, and the punishment for recasting spores has to go away. then the frame will be ok. even before this change these were my only 2 problems

I hear ya about the ramp up damage.

I tried a build this morning with 70% power strength and used spores for constant corrosive ticks instead of laying on the DPS. Surprisingly, this is a pretty fun way to play Saryn now, as it doesn't ramp up so quickly that you lose your spores constantly. I have 119% duration (using a max efficiency build to easily spam 1+4 with reliable 2+3 if needed) and could see swapping something out in favor of a bit more duration would be pretty good.

Not sure if this is from this update or an earlier one but I just recently defragmented my hdd and decided I should verify and optimize warframe (as well as my other games). I clicked verify and now the launcher won't stop verifying the download cache, it hits 100% and then just starts over. It does this endlessly, restarting my computer has not stopped this it just automatically starts verifying when the launcher opens.

Archived