[DE]Megan

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.7

On 2018-05-30 at 6:16 PM, DerLord said:

Still no fix for being unable to change spears/bait/color... thingies while using a controller. The fishing-UI is completely useless for controller!

This is totally true. It sucks.

On 2018-05-31 at 2:53 PM, feralknights said:

Trust me, she doesn't.  The Saryn rework Megathread/Spores Dev Workshop thread is mostly "please rollback to 2.0 and do this correctly" or "I could live with it if--"

2.0 was better, full stop.  They took a chainsaw to a situation that needed a scalpel and now they're shoehorning her from being a debuff frame that was good across all modes to a damage frame and balanced openly around a single game mode that not everyone has access to or even likes.  Spores and Misama didn't need the flip.  Infinite scaling and power was a cool idea, but not being willing to roll it back and just continually hammering the square peg into the round hole until it fits is really frustrating.  Playing her in the actual game is a gigantic pain, and total trainwreck on the Plains (god help us for Venus), and they just won't go back on it no matter what, even after the admission they should have just done light touches and saved this kind of mechanic for a new 'frame.

It's just... really, really frustrating.

Totally agree with you and i share your frustration,i read about that post made by Pablo and it's the biggest _bull_S#&$ i've ever read that he can't go back and change back to how spores were in 2.0 they just need to swap corrosive status back to viral as well as the dmg and revert the coding.

The thing is it's became personal at this point and reverting to 2.0 would be a flat out admission of failing this SPORES rework ( nobody questioned the improvements to MOLT and Toxic lash , those were good ) and wasting hours around it which should have never been wasted in the first place...It's not that we can't go back, it's that He doesn't want to go back and wants to stick to this whole corrosive/new mechanic cra_p to justify all those hours invested and this has became a matter of pride now.

Plain and simple and people can say what they want but i'm pretty confident this is not far from the truth about the " can't go back " excuse.

From an avid long endurances runner with saryn 2.0 without using the melee slide spam + toxic lash nor the molt/spore turret and still never having any KPS problems in those several 180 minutes runs on MOT or just wrecking ESO wave 20 without even going melee

They will stick to this abomination of what spores became but they know they shot a big hole in the water and nothing will change this fact

PS: and to all the fan boys defending this rework posting screenshots of 2500 kills in ESO zone 9, flash news, many veterans and i could achieve twice as many both with pre rework and after rework, so what ? 2.0 was superior on a 360°, and 2500 kills ain't S#&$ for zone 9 lmfao when i can go 3800/4000 SOLO without meleeing or above 6000 in a 4 man squad with higher spawn rates. That doesn't mean the rework is good, just cus i can rock the new abomination corrosive spores after 2.0 as well as i did before.

The only thing they should have touched with QoL's were MOLT with the removal to cast spores on it so they could get rid of that oh my god cheese/afk/lazy gameplay, Improve Toxic lash like they did, and give Miasma armor stripping based on a % like they did with Oberon's Reckoning.

Viral status + Toxin status spreading mechanic all the way, always and forever

R.I.P.

Edited by arm4geddon-117
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Eluminary said:

I've been playing saryn pretty extensively through all the changes her current state is probably the best yet... So much so I'm betting she is nerfed again before she hits console.

i completely disagree. aside some QoL changes the rest are nerf from Saryn 2.0. Miasma was doing more damage due to the double damage when enemies had toxin proc and it did the damage in 3 seconds instead of 5 or 6 that it needs now. with QoL changes the ability would have been much better than now

viral on spores was better for all factions instead of corrosive that's good only for 1 faction. nerf. the spread of spores on tick kill shouldn't have been removed. another nerf and now it causes anti-synergy and it doesn't make sense that tick kill doesn't spread spores. when you kill an enemy you spread spores, when your group kills an enemy it spreads spores, with common sense shouldn't spores spread when enemy dies from spores tick damage? yes, and that's why Saryn before the 2nd rework spreads spores on tick kill. after the fix in spores spread range they could lower the spread from tick kill to 8m for balance(half of what it is now) or even to 5m for some consistent spread but not 100% guaranteed. imo 5m would be acceptable and balanced. the removal of carry toxin proc is also a nerf. the gas that doesn't pop spores is also a nerf. the introduction of punishment when recasting spores is a nerf and has to go away. spores only needed some QoL changes. now the ability is nerfed+punishment on recasting. the nerf on this ability is insane

i never used turret Saryn so the change of Molt is good QoL

i never used melee but the change on toxic lash is good QoL for my primary-secondary weapons

• Upvote 1

I get infinite loading screens still >.> Didn't use to until after the PhysX dump

1 hour ago, Raijin83 said:

i completely disagree. aside some QoL changes the rest are nerf from Saryn 2.0. Miasma was doing more damage due to the double damage when enemies had toxin proc and it did the damage in 3 seconds instead of 5 or 6 that it needs now. with QoL changes the ability would have been much better than now

viral on spores was better for all factions instead of corrosive that's good only for 1 faction. nerf. the spread of spores on tick kill shouldn't have been removed. another nerf and now it causes anti-synergy and it doesn't make sense that tick kill doesn't spread spores. when you kill an enemy you spread spores, when your group kills an enemy it spreads spores, with common sense shouldn't spores spread when enemy dies from spores tick damage? yes, and that's why Saryn before the 2nd rework spreads spores on tick kill. after the fix in spores spread range they could lower the spread from tick kill to 8m for balance(half of what it is now) or even to 5m for some consistent spread but not 100% guaranteed. imo 5m would be acceptable and balanced. the removal of carry toxin proc is also a nerf. the gas that doesn't pop spores is also a nerf. the introduction of punishment when recasting spores is a nerf and has to go away. spores only needed some QoL changes. now the ability is nerfed+punishment on recasting. the nerf on this ability is insane

i never used turret Saryn so the change of Molt is good QoL

i never used melee but the change on toxic lash is good QoL for my primary-secondary weapons

Miasma still does more dmg to an enemy infected with spores.  It's also had a range increase modded up its 40+ meters.  Miasma now on lower lvl content is almost like the old days of nuke miasma, since it half the hps then does the dot it wipes star chart stuff entirely on its own.  They may nerf that they hated it when she used to do that. 

I tweaked my build for this most recent change to make miasma last a bit longer since now if they died during miasma duration it automatically spreads even as spores kills them.  Also supposedly they're going to add another second to the base of miasma they just forgot to in this recent patch.  That and the energy knock down of it is nice.   So longer duration combined with lower costs you can keep miasma up on higher lvl content make spores spread on death like before. 

It also spreads from the thing you cast spores on the matter how they died so it's good to shoot out a Spore on stuff far away now and then.  It's fun in poe doing this cast on Random camp as you run by and they all eventually die when the first guy explodes. 

Her current self keeping spores going all the time is easier across the map even larger ones.  She is better at infecting the map now than any version since the orginal. 

I've played saryn alot in all her changes forms I can take advantage of these most recent changes to dominate a map more than any previous form.  You gotta adapt your build and playstyle a bit but the results are nice. 

Edited by Eluminary
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1

我通过warframe官网购买了75%的4300白金礼包,可是现在还没有收到金币,已经过去8个小时了

On 2018-05-31 at 5:03 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Tweaked the lighting of Ember’s Fireblast ability to reduce visual clutter.

now you just need to undo that nerf to ember..

• Upvote 1

Soo lemme get this straight....

Edited by Falcor93
misclicked

8 hours ago, Eluminary said:

Miasma still does more dmg to an enemy infected with spores.  It's also had a range increase modded up its 40+ meters.  Miasma now on lower lvl content is almost like the old days of nuke miasma, since it half the hps then does the dot it wipes star chart stuff entirely on its own.  They may nerf that they hated it when she used to do that. 

I tweaked my build for this most recent change to make miasma last a bit longer since now if they died during miasma duration it automatically spreads even as spores kills them.  Also supposedly they're going to add another second to the base of miasma they just forgot to in this recent patch.  That and the energy knock down of it is nice.   So longer duration combined with lower costs you can keep miasma up on higher lvl content make spores spread on death like before. 

It also spreads from the thing you cast spores on the matter how they died so it's good to shoot out a Spore on stuff far away now and then.  It's fun in poe doing this cast on Random camp as you run by and they all eventually die when the first guy explodes. 

Her current self keeping spores going all the time is easier across the map even larger ones.  She is better at infecting the map now than any version since the orginal. 

I've played saryn alot in all her changes forms I can take advantage of these most recent changes to dominate a map more than any previous form.  You gotta adapt your build and playstyle a bit but the results are nice. 

Miasma in Saryn 2.0 besides double damage on targets with viral it was also doing double damage on targets that had toxin proc. i don't like Miasma spam cause we're back at Saryn 1.0 so i don't use that

spores was doing viral so i didn't need to cast a 75 energy ability to keep up viral and it had double duration at default than Miasma has now. also, spores was spreading spores when enemy died from spores damage so i didn't need to cast Miasma to spread spores

was way better in spore spread and without punishment for recasting spores like now and spores were also spreading toxin proc besides viral

Saryn 2.0 was the best and all it needed was some quality of life changes and get rid of the spores cast on molt to prevent the stationary gameplay. i don't want to adapt my build to something that is inferior than before and all that cause Saryn was strong in onslaught due to the higher enemy density so she had to be nerfed and get ruined outside onslaught

6 hours ago, MrSpark_ said:

now you just need to undo that nerf to ember..

that will not happen. Ember was nerfed cause of onslaught. she would be very strong in that mode and players would have fun and DE doesn't like it when you have fun so they nerfed her before onslaught was released. at least 90% stopped playing Ember and all that cause of onslaught was coming and the frame would be strong there so she got nerfed

1 hour ago, ---Sin--- said:

there is so many flavours and you choose to be salty.

if we don't like the changes and speaking the truth we're salty? i didn't know that. as i quoted to another person Ember was nerfed cause onslaught was coming and she would be very strong there. they nerfed the frame cause of onslaught and made the frame extremely weak besides low level content and at least 90% stopped playing Ember. so yeah, that guy you say is salty is speaking hard truths and i agree

Edited by Raijin83
  • Upvote 2

Love all the fixes...although after the update my configs for the warframe launcher and my in game config were fused, example: Unable to toggle sprint until I binded the left analog click to the shift key and then went into my warframe key configs and set it to "Sprint" instead of "sprint/roll." Another thing I noticed was when using the right stick in the aresenl menu's when selecting a weapon it made a mouse appear instead of scrolling. Thats just two of the issues I'm currently having with this new update. *Shrugs*

I'm sincerely hoping there is a fix coming for controller play on PC soon.  I would have loved to be in the meetings when these changes were being discussed so I could understand why anyone would think this is better for controller users.  It leads me to believe that no one working there has a fundamental understanding of muscle memory and how it ties into controller play. 

There is no muscle memory factor with the emulated mouse setup.  It's now become a lot of waiting around for a painfully slow scroll, followed by numerous misclicks, combined with removal of all of the quick button options so players are forced from a natural gameplay experience into a frustrating, cumbersome effort that no one wants when they play a video game.  If I wanted that, I'd go spend my extra hours at work so at least I'd get paid for my frustration.

I used to put dozen of hours per week into this game and now I maybe play a couple of hours per week if that.  I think that sums up my point pretty well.

Warframe filled a niche I've been looking for for a while: a PC game that could be played with a controller that felt like sitting down at a console.  It helps with stress on my wrists to play with a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse.  You had that down so perfectly.  It was easy to play and made sense for me.  The new changes make this game just another poorly executed controller port.

I guess I just don't understand what the thought process was.  Can anyone enlighten me?  Why was it thought that menu navigation had to change?  Was it because your programmers thought it would be easier to push updates if there was no controller input as a separate consideration in the dev process?  Did someone honestly think controller players wanted this change?  Were there gameplay limitations with the old controller system of which I was unaware?  I just want to understand.  I still won't return to playing until it changes back, but understanding would make me less frustrated about waiting.

The saddest part is that I am willing to give you a bunch of money for platinum if you just go back to the old setup.  I believe in giving creators money for the things they create well.  But I'm not going to give you money for a subpar experience, especially if you used to have something great (not even perfect) and changed to something less than that.

Edited by Echoisa
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Just waiting on Venus and Sacrifice. Nothing in this game interests me anymore enough to play more than the daily sortie.:awkward:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Echoisa said:

I'm sincerely hoping there is a fix coming for controller play on PC soon.  I would have loved to be in the meetings when these changes were being discussed so I could understand why anyone would think this is better for controller users.  It leads me to believe that no one working there has a fundamental understanding of muscle memory and how it ties into controller play. 

There is no muscle memory factor with the emulated mouse stop.  It's now become a lot of waiting around for a painfully slow scroll, followed by numerous misclicks, combined with removal of all of the quick button options so players are forced from a natural gameplay experience into a frustrating, cumbersome effort that no one wants when they play a video game.  If I wanted that, I'd go spend my extra hours at work so at least I'd get paid for my frustration.

I used to put dozen of hours per week into this game and now I maybe play a couple of hours per week if that.  I think that sums up my point pretty well.

Warframe filled a niche I've been looking for for a while: a PC game that could be played with a controller that felt like sitting down at a console.  It helps with stress on my wrists to play with a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse.  You had that down so perfectly.  It was easy to play and made sense for me.  The new changes make this game just another poorly executed controller port.

I guess I just don't understand what the thought process was.  Can anyone enlighten me?  Why was it thought that menu navigation had to change?  Was it because your programmers thought it would be easier to push updates if there was no controller input as a separate consideration in the dev process?  Did someone honestly think controller players wanted this change?  Were there gameplay limitations with the old controller system of which I was unaware?  I just want to understand.  I still won't return to playing until it changes back, but understanding would make me less frustrated about waiting.

The saddest part is that I am willing to give you a bunch of money for platinum if you just go back to the old setup.  I believe in giving creators money for the things they create well.  But I'm not going to give you money for a subpar experience, especially if you used to have something great (not even perfect) and changed to something less than that.

I know as a Controller player myself who constantly switches between keyboard and mouse for typing and menus I can whole heartedly agree. Though are you sure they changed button customisation. I haven't looked at the controller binds in a while and my custom binds still work. The main problem for me is that the icons constantly change from keyboard to controller as I switch and it has become way more clunky. I mean why put a controller button for chat when you need a keyboard to type anyway. Anyway the constant switching is very annoying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoulWrecker_2 said:

I know as a Controller player myself who constantly switches between keyboard and mouse for typing and menus I can whole heartedly agree. Though are you sure they changed button customisation. I haven't looked at the controller binds in a while and my custom binds still work. The main problem for me is that the icons constantly change from keyboard to controller as I switch and it has become way more clunky. I mean why put a controller button for chat when you need a keyboard to type anyway. Anyway the constant switching is very annoying.

The bindings I'm specifically referring to are the quick access buttons for the arsenal.  If there's a way to get them back, I haven't found it.  I used to be able to highlight the specific gear slot (be it Warframe, rifle, pistol, etc.) and press either 'x', 'y', or 'a' to gain access to 'appearance', 'mods' or 'equip' screens respectively.  Trying to hit those tiny buttons via joystick with an emulated mouse is depressingly frustrating.

Edited by Echoisa
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Echoisa said:

The bindings I'm specifically referring to are the quick access buttons for the arsenal.  If there's a way to get them back, I haven't found it.  I used to be able to highlight the specific gear slot (be it Warframe, rifle, pistol, etc.) and press either 'x', 'y', or 'a' to gain access to 'appearance', 'mods' or 'equip' screens respectively.  Trying to hit those tiny buttons via joystick with an emulated mouse is depressingly frustrating.

oh yeah, they were much easier to use than the new cursor for controller which means i have to constantly switch again to mouse and keyboard for arsenal unlike before

• Upvote 1

On 2018-05-30 at 2:17 PM, Ellisaria said:

Login failed: password incorrect

*types password in one button at a time very slowly to ensure accuracy*

Updated version available: please update launcher

Closes and restarts game: Your warframe Launcher is up to date

Launches game

Closes and restarts game: Your warframe Launcher is up to date

Launches game

No one fixes like DE? psssssh. no one fails like DE

i had this issue the other week, what worked for me was going to your warframe folder under tools and then run the "Launcher.exe" as administrator and let it run

PLZ fix the change display in the landing craft room for some reason when I try to change my loadout display it sends me straight to the navigation.

Also, the game crashes on loading screen.

Edited by Dr1fter3aper

That new tileset piece on Casta - Ceres for fissures is TERRIBLE! Uselessly intricate and tedious, takes forever to collect dropped resources and there are a thousand obstacles! I wanna get from point A to point B NOT having to jump 30 times and waste time. Why is everything turning into such a huge waste of time instead of making the game more enjoyable?! You think over-complicating stuff equals interesting and intriguing? It does NOT!

• Upvote 1

So now i tested Saryn for some days.

Strong as ever, i topped kills in every gamemode, Spy included.

I feel much more in control than her previous iteration, where praying to the Chaos Gods to keep my Spores running was the most effective thing to do.

Bugs:

• Miasma Duration is still 5 seconds
  • Miasma is not receiving bonus damage if spores are present on a target
  • Rarely in high latency scenarios, spores spread to enemies that are already dead from hosts view, but not from my view, resulting in floating spores all over the place.
  • Again high latency: spreaing spores by killing the only enemy affected, still produces the drain warning, because of the time between his death and other enemies receiving spores, but no stacks seem to be drained in that time.
  • spamming spores while at low stacks eventually drops your stacks below minimum value

They decay feels too harsh, now that it drains twice as fast, and you cant really afford to mod duration since every stat is important.

Since People are already complaining that saryn is now a turret again with miasmas spore spreading, and miasma being a room wiper on star chart content, i propose a change to it.

Make Miasma chargeable like Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm.

• On activation keep it unchanged, except significantly reduced damage, and no guaranteed spore spread on enemies,
  • Keeping it pressed to start charging it with your spore stacks up to a certain percentage over the duration of the stun, unleashing the consumed spores' damage multiplied (like 2 damage per second per stack consumed (we want to increase dps, not decrease it))  per second for the rest of the duration, and guaranteeing to spread spores on every killed enemy affected with spores.

Miasma could act as a sink for stacks, while helping to spread and generate more stacks, balancing her spore growth towards a limit, and finally allowing for a reduced decay.

Sadly sounds too much like Nidus.

€: Make the charging part an augment!

Edited by BrotherAntagonist
  • Upvote 1

@BrotherAntagonist the reason that Miasma spam is back is only 1: they removed the spores tick damage = spreads spores on death so players spam Miasma at low levels cause spore tick damage kills enemies and it doesn't spread spores. but high level enemies have higher effective health so the tick damage doesn't kill enemies so you don't spam Miasma. to prevent the Miasma spam at low levels they have to bring back the spores tick damage that spreads spores on death but lower the range of the spread for balance. spore spread now has 16m range so half range would be fine. if 8m is not fine and it's still too much(outside onslaught i'd say 8m is fine) they can try 5-6m. outside onslaught maps have lower density enemy spawn so they shouldn't decrease the range to like 3-4m cause onslaught has higher density enemy spawn so 5-8m is still too wide. onslaught isn't the only mode of the game. if they bring back the spores tick damage that spreads spores on death and tweak the range for balance the Miasma spam will go away instantly(players will use Spores instead of Miasma and build the frame differently instead of going max efficiency to spam Miasma) and at low level missions players will spam 1+3 abilities and also cast Miasma here and there, and at high level they will also use Miasma and Molt

• Upvote 1