Jump to content
[DE]Megan

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.7

Recommended Posts

The more I think about it the more it is really nice QOL change to have spores spread on death from the first target affected. It really helps the "hit and run" style of gameplay that Saryn appears designed for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And we still pay no attention to being able to hide Khora's spikes while Venari is active. i will never give up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So at any given point will ya'll look at the dojo decorating for folks who are in control over that part of the clan, via the Architecture role because it does get highly annoying that we are forced to use the vaults resources instead of our own. Can ya'll please make it where we can choose between the vault and ours? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Will Zenistar get fixed? It currently is very inconsistent due to recent melee changes.

EDIT:

Uhhh, why though? This is a pretty hefty nerf to Miasma....

Didn't you guys complained that Miasma was back to the Press 4 to win state with this rework? Now they fixed it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oRedemption said:

Red Text: Spores update! 

Update> Miasma gets nerfed. Bye bye Miasma Damage. 

Awesome. 

Miasma still the same just take 1 more sec to deal the whole damage 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FormatDriveC said:

Miasma still the same just take 1 more sec to deal the whole damage 😃

Its actually a net gain in damage and a huge gain in function.

Edited by Leqesai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, oRedemption said:

Red Text: Spores update! 

Update> Miasma gets nerfed. Bye bye Miasma Damage. 

Awesome. 

The change is a net gain in damage. Read through the topic and look at the math for this change.

Shouldn't cry nerf when something receives a pretty major boost to function in addition to a little extra damage.

 

Edit: to save you the time of reading through the previous pages:

 

Math for anyone crying nerf on Miasma.

 

Net damage with 200% power strength on a spores target:

Before the change: 7000

After the change: 7200

 

With 150% duration and 200% power strength

Before: 10500

After: 10800

 

 

The extra duration means longer viral proc as well. Meaning targets have longer 50% health.... 

 

This is a major boost...

Cheaper, more net damage, spreads spores, longer duration for viral proc.... 

 

Edited by Leqesai
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The change is a net gain in damage. Read through the topic and look at the math for this change.

Shouldn't cry nerf when something receives a pretty major boost to function in addition to a little extra damage.

 

Edit: to save you the time of reading through the previous pages:

 

Math for anyone crying nerf on Miasma.

 

Net damage with 200% power strength on a spores target:

Before the change: 7000

After the change: 7200

 

With 150% duration and 200% power strength

Before: 10500

After: 10800

 

 

The extra duration means longer viral proc as well. Meaning targets have longer 50% health.... 

 

This is a major boost...

Cheaper, more net damage, spreads spores, longer duration for viral proc.... 

 

This may be true but since the duration did not change in game the damage decreased but it is now more damage per energy so more energy efficient

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZombieEater73 said:

A lot more wrong with gamepads than just an A button not working correctly in the mods menu......

True statement.

 

For one, they are really really buggy when going from gamepad to keyboard and vice versa. Opening up chat, bringing up the little chat window and typing on the keyboard keeps the chat window displayed and types chat in the normal chat window... Why this second window exists I'll never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ki113rz345 said:

This may be true but since the duration did not change in game the damage decreased but it is now more damage per energy so more energy efficient

The duration not changing in game is obviously a bug since it was noted in the patch notes of this hotfix to have a longer duration. 

Edited by Leqesai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to another episode of, "WHATS STILL BUGGED?!?!" Hows it goin everyone? Well you know why we are all here, so lets guess, WHATS STILL BUGGED? We have another reoccurring entry folks its, The Sword and Shield Danaus Skin!!! THANKS FOR PLAYING!!! Also for you playing the home version, dont forget to comment with your own 'WHATS STILL BUGGED' responses. Your constant bug reports keep our producers up to date on things they really should fix.

 

Thank you, Good night, and see you next patch for a brand new episode of WHATS STILL BUGGED!

Edited by Hyday
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hyday said:

Welcome to another episode of, "WHATS STILL BUGGED?!?!" Hows it goin everyone? Well you know why we are all here, so lets guess, WHATS STILL BUGGED? We have another reoccurring entry folks its, The Sword and Shield Danaus Skin!!! THANKS FOR PLAYING!!! Also for you playing the home version, dont forget to comment with your own 'WHATS STILL BUGGED' responses. Your constant bug reports keep our producers up to date on things they really should fix.

 

Thank you, Good night, and see you next patch for a brand new episode of WHATS STILL BUGGED!

Not really a bug report thread but okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Spores

  • Drain occurs once per half second instead of continuous.
  • Targets you cast Spores on directly will always spread on death.
  • Targets affected by Miasma will always spread on death.
  • Spores won't be removed by enemies going temporarily invulnerable because of void tears corrupting them.

I like what I see. This will help with things.
Still trying it out, but these new pants seem to fit quite well. Small steps corrupt, small changes make Saryn a happy frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care about Saryn's damage. 

 

I care about the fact that she can literally melt heavy-duty military turrets in the Plains, yet delicate bits like firing pins, the internal state of gun barrels, optical sensors, and the like remain pristine on enemies as they, too, are literally melted alive. I don't see why you guys (DE) don't appear to respect the idea that, no, enemies would not be 100% optimal and perfectly capable of fighting right up until the very last moment when they finally die. Those failing 'vitals' don't seem that vital, if their deterioration does absolutely nothing to hamper their performance. 

 

I don't understand why you fixate so solely on damage, without considering what kind of status effects her kit ought to inflict, like slows or escalating loss of accuracy. If a giant turret - a big robotic cannon - is melted by her spores, how do enemies' regular guns magically withstand it? If Corpus robotic proxies get melted into puddles by Saryn's abilities, how are delicate optical sensors and fine aim-related tech on them running perfectly, during that process? 

 

There's a colossal disconnect here. If they're melting, being corroded away by a hyper-corrosive fungal cocktail of whatever-the-hell and devoured by a ravenous virus, how can their faculties remain fully intact all the way to the end? If your face is melting, so are your eyes. In fact they'd be among the first things to go. If your body's structure is being broken down, guess what it can't do well? All the tasks that the said structure allowed, like move properly. If you're melting, your motor functions are rapidly deteriorating as well, because your tendons and nerves that allow for it, are melting away too. Cybernetics? Even more abrupt of mechanical failure.

 

There is absolutely zero reason enemies caught in Saryn's walking storm of pestilence shouldn't suffer from the following effects:

 

Have Spores apply an accuracy debuff to enemies proportional to their missing health. 

Have Miasma apply a slow: a minimum figure scaling up with missing health, and even more potent with Spores. 

 

I legitimately don't care about the damage side of Saryn here, so don't try to bring it into this. It's criminal, from a design perspective, for her to not host these features. 

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tauni said:

I don't care about Saryn's damage. 

 

I care about the fact that she can literally melt heavy-duty military turrets in the Plains, yet delicate bits like firing pins, the internal state of gun barrels, optical sensors, and the like remain pristine on enemies as they, too, are literally melted alive. I don't see why you guys (DE) don't appear to respect the idea that, no, enemies would not be 100% optimal and perfectly capable of fighting right up until the very last moment when they finally die. Those failing 'vitals' don't seem that vital, if their deterioration does absolutely nothing to hamper their performance. 

 

I don't understand why you fixate so solely on damage, without considering what kind of status effects her kit ought to inflict, like slows or escalating loss of accuracy. If a giant turret - a big robotic cannon - is melted by her spores, how do enemies' regular guns magically withstand it? If Corpus robotic proxies get melted into puddles by Saryn's abilities, how are delicate optical sensors and fine aim-related tech on them running perfectly, during that process? 

 

There's a colossal disconnect here. If they're melting, being corroded away by a hyper-corrosive fungal cocktail of whatever-the-hell and devoured by a ravenous virus, how can their faculties remain fully intact all the way to the end? If your face is melting, so are your eyes. In fact they'd be among the first things to go. If your body's structure is being broken down, guess what it can't do well? All the tasks that the said structure allowed, like move properly. If you're melting, your motor functions are rapidly deteriorating as well, because your tendons and nerves that allow for it, are melting away too. Cybernetics? Even more abrupt of mechanical failure.

 

There is absolutely zero reason enemies caught in Saryn's walking storm of pestilence shouldn't suffer from the following effects:

 

Have Spores apply an accuracy debuff to enemies proportional to their missing health. 

Have Miasma apply a slow: a minimum figure scaling up with missing health, and even more potent with Spores. 

 

I legitimately don't care about the damage side of Saryn here, so don't try to bring it into this. It's criminal, from a design perspective, for her to not host these features. 

Saryn isn't a CC frame so why are you asking for her to have CC functionality to her moves?

She strips armor really well and also inflicts very consistent viral procs that cut target HP. This is seriously great. If you're expecting her to cause massive CC I think your expectations might be in the wrong place. There are CC frames, there are DPS frames, there are tank frames etc.

 

Saryn is a Hard-hitting run and gunner. She has major bonuses to damage across three of her abilities and an ability specifically designed to pull her out of combat. 

 

I simply do not agree with your expectations of how she should be played. She is not a CC frame. Unless you consider killing the crowd a form of CC... 😛

 

And with the changes in this update she sure as crap doesn't need to be stronger. She is in a very nice place now (once the duration bug is fixed) with these changes. 

 

Also, "if you're melting your motor functions are rapidly deteriorating as well, because your tendons and nerves that allow for it, are melting away too."

 

Bro, if you're melting you will soon be dead.

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Leqesai
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STOP... no more Saryn changes... she's... perfect. <wipes tear and remounts Pablo's 12'x12' picture in living room>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The decay goes even faster. Thanks DE. When saryn 4,0 ?527e3738b4ebd77f74ebc64fae046c4c.jpg

Edited by Neversion
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wrong you all were right saryn now is more energy efficient, i like the changes, just need more practice to get used to her new changes.

Nice work DE ( i sitill could use a lil bit more energy  ^-^ but i think im being greedy )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no fix for being unable to change spears/bait/color... thingies while using a controller. The fishing-UI is completely useless for controller!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 2 horas, Schrenk212 dijo:

Saryn Saryn Saryn Saryn, how about frames that have been bad for 5 years now like Nyx? Will Nyx get a rework or are we going to have to wait for Saryn's 5th before you move on to another frame in need of help?

Precisely Nyx is a Warframe that does NOT need any kind of new rework. Previously she received/suffered a lot of them and they left her at a point where it works quite well.

Another point is that all current reworks focuses on 2 things:
1- NERF powers that allow a certain type of immortality or AFK status.
2- NERF powers that kill mobs in area or do it very fast.

Nyx does not serve to kill with his powers at medium levels onwards, always having to kill with weapons. It is a Warframe exclusively for support and evasion.
Her powers also do not give immortality to her, being so weak that a slight sigh can eliminate her, turning Nyx players into expert acrobats, like new players who still do not have mods.

In short: her powers do exactly what they are supposed to do, and they are fun as well.
Nyx is also a challenge for us, who are tired of walking through the game with other Warframes without ANYTHING that can killing us given the null difficulty. If the game continues reducing hard its difficulty like until now it will end as another games, where even a baby will be able to destroy hundreds of enemies with the push of a button.

A greeting.
PS: Yes, I'm a real Nyx main player.

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...