Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #112!

[DE]Rebecca

One of the stated goals of the Focus rework was that the passive abilities players enjoyed would go to the new Arcanes. Arcanes have been reworked since, but where is my Shadow Step?

Could we have some means to revive dead Sentinels and Companions (like a consumable) without having to die and spend a self-Revive to do so?

Is there any concern that Warframe ability kits are becoming too complex? Important facets of frames like Limbo, Oberon, Frost, Saryn, etc. are not mentioned in-game, so players who missed the patch notes don't know to roll to cancel Banish, combine Hallowed Ground with Renewal for armor, or cast Freeze to break Snow Globe.

Since the last time you mentioned addressing “mandatory” mods like Serration and multishot, you’ve added Primed Point Blank, Primed Pressure Point and Riven mods to the game, which simply contribute to the issue. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods?

Could we see more consistency to Limbo's interactions with the Rift? Presently a number of enemy abilities (like Napalm rockets or explosive effects in the Plains) have the ability to bypass the Rift without any mentioned indication. Additionally, players are able to alert enemies by bumping into them despite being in the Rift, and enemies are able to hack terminals from inside the Rift even while players cannot.

Presently, picking up Electric Shield costs Volt extra energy to move while active. This directly penalizes the synergy it creates with Speed, and actively discourages charging his passive. Might we see this revised into a flat drain over time?

In your first Reddit AMA about 2 years ago, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items (including the frames post-Nova Prime)... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

Players allied with New Loka/Perrin Sequence have no means to obtain the Large Shield Restore blueprint. Would there be a neutral way in the future to increase the availability of this Restore?

Akvasto Prime: When?

I've got several questions I'd love to see answered.

First off, something I'm sure everybody is thinking about right now: could we perhaps get an ETA on when the Sacrifice is coming out? I'm very excited for it, my desktop background is Excalibur Umbra from the Sacrifice trailer and I check for news on it nearly every day. The current most popular fan prediction is that it's coming out within two or three weeks, in early or mid June, before Tennocon. Could you confirm this? And are we getting a hype site for it soon? 🙂

Second, are you going to continue the trend of Warframe quests associated with Syndicates? Steel Meridian and Arbiters of Hexis are the two Syndicates remaining with no quests associated with them yet, and I'm just curious if they're going to get quests and Warframes associated with them too eventually. I'd be especially interested in seeing an Arbiters of Hexis quest next, because they remain one of the most mysterious and intriguing Syndicates, at least to me. It would be really cool to learn more about their philosophy, their sense of justice and what their view is on what it means to be a Tenno. The Syndicate-associated quests so far have shed a lot of light on the intriguing lore behind the Syndicates and I hope that continues! I love your work DE! :3

Third, are we getting Operator melees? I understand if this is something you want to not disclose yet because of spoilers, but if you can I'd really love to know. You've said you're working on Operator melee animations on a recent(ish) devstream, does that mean just reworking the Void Blast (which would kinda suck, that ability is rarely if ever used) or are we getting some kind of cool melee option for our Operators, like energy swords or melee Amps? I'd love to see that! :3

And finally, a few questions about the upcoming Venus open world. Is it coming out with the Sacrifice or after it? Will it come out before or after Tennocon? Is the new giant flying Eidolon you've teased going to be part of the Plains of Eidolon or located on Venus instead? And are those cool and creepy Corpus spiders going to be a default part of the Venus open world or a repeated event like the Ghouls? I'm really looking forward to seeing the new open world, I love what you did with the Plains of Eidolon and I think it's an awesome new direction for this game, even if it gets a bit grindy at times. The fishing and mining is better than some proper open world survival games LOL.

Thank you in advance! Keep up the good work!

ZnzlX5o.jpg
Sorry, but in regards about Dojo/Clans

Any plans on using the clan/alliance resources for something else? Like building an Alliance Hub so members can enter and walk into other clans?
Because you know...  Alliance resources are for nothing since we dont have Dark Sector Rail Wars anymore...

But more important ! Will we ever be able to build a pet place inside dojos? to keep at least 1 shadow copy of pets from all members roaming there.

Hey Rebecca!

1. I was wondering with Dojo overhaul taking place is there a chance, even the slightest, that we would be able to get NPC as decorations, in similar way as articulars, but with animation cycles instead (similar to how they behave on relays or Iron Wake)

I'm asking because I managed to build fairly decent Dojo and this would be a perfect way to give it much needed life (apart from Tenno)

If you have a minute to check Dojo and get a sense of what I mean:

2. Also, as comment above, my clan is aiming to run weekly challenges to spice up gameplay with different conditions (no weapon, no abilities etc) and custom missions would be a perfect way to a) help with implementing these and b) make roleplay way more exciting!

Are there plans to give players an option to purchase Tennogen without Steam, or add some kind new Cosmetic Content which will not require side programm(s) to use ?

Also, are there plans to rework old frames like Valkyr and Wukong, to make them more Party/Coop friendly and more effective in groups ?

32 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

snip

will we get a release date on the sacrifice or a general idea at least 

can we get an update on the godly nidus deluxe skin 

can we get vendor details for venus' open world, or any details about venus' open world for that matter.

will the new frame be announced in this devsteam ?

Thank you

Hope you folks on the team can clear this up for me--- unless it gets answered by the story later, in which case, please ignore this ^^

Apostasy Prologue: from the Tenno's perspective:

• Did it actually happen, real-time, the Tenno was there?
  • Or it was a vision, sent as a warning, and then the Tenno physically recovers the helmet afterwards, off-screen?

Only asking because the Tenno seemed.... completely, totally ignored by all other parties in that room.

I do understand in terms of power, archweapons fall behind our current weapons, but I feel that has to do more with the limited modding capability. Could we also see new mods for our arch gear, or have them semi compatible with our current weapon mods?

Also, what are your thoughts on an "Arch Gun Deployer", that would deploy your equipped arch gun with limited ammo? Even if it restricted movement a slight bit, I think the community would enjoy having a mini gun (imperator) to shift the tide of battle. And if a Tusk Heavy Gunner can run around with a Grattler, why can't I? 😉

And lastly, can we see more infested pets? The Cyst isn't supremely useful, and giving us Helminth Leaper Kavats, and Helminth Moas (when those drop) would be a good reward for ruining our fashion frame.

Archwing and Archweapon Slot Limitations

I still refuse to let this slide, it was strictly insulting.

Telling us about the limitation on Archwing gear and slots to be bought for platinum 11 hotfixes into Specters of the Rail was NOT a solution to disingenuously sneaking it in without adequate, fair forewarning in the first place.

Relevant thread popularity banner and all, and second thread after the first was unjustly closed before the problem has been addressed.

PC players from the time of that limitation's introduction deserved a fair and equally forewarned opportunity to get their grandfathered weapon and 'wing slots as console players. When will some sort of compensation be provided for this? Or at the very least a display of humility for the way it was handled?

Unanswered Questions:

Will you take another look at Ember, or at least reconsider the scale-down reduction of World on Fire's range statistic?

The range of the ability was average at best. There are plenty of abilities and weapons that can cover even greater radii with similar cost investments (epecially considering the intended increase to cost as well).

Mathematically speaking, you would need to provide an additional 800% multiplier (1600% after accounting for the cost increase) to damge for that to balance out the net 87.5% reduction in effective coverage. But we don't even want that, because it still leaves Firequake almost useless in the pathetic 7.5m radius you leave us with after the ramp-down.

You also cannot claim that its channeled nature is a special case - you stopped Blind Mirage for the same reasons as you altered Resonant Quake, and the fact Simulor users needed to click mindlessly over and over again didn't stop their gameplay effect from being undesirable either. Therefore, channeling is separate from the consideration of effective coverage.

Additionally, thanks to double-dipped power strength in using Accelerant, mitigating the downscaled range with Overextended makes Ember scale even worse than before, making the full complement a total failure to achieve the desired effect - without Accelerant necessary, Ember clears just as well, once it becomes necessary to include, the result is higher cost and still lesser effectiveness.

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

Now: We have 'lower limit' modding capacity, making it more comfortable to level weapons by using them after Forma.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

Ammo Rework for the QOL of High Consumption Weapons

Q: Is there a possibility of a more significant ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also had such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue, eventually addressed by a half-application of my own suggestion for the issue overall, using Pistol ammo for 'special' secondaries but with a different actual restoration numbers.

The Twin Rogga now exists for the other half of the equation - using nonpistol ammo, but in its normal amounts. Between the 'special' secondaries and the Rogga, tech is clearly in place to implement this rework in a full and sweeping manner. Any idea of when it might happen?
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up new balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation totally obsolete either).

Using Mod Ranks Below Fusion Level

Q: Why force users to potentially hold many mods of lesser fusion, instead of being able to use ranks up to the fused maximum?

This has been mentioned in passing at times, but it's still ridiculous that we can't have this quality of life with the current modding system. It seems like something that would be an inherent part of a system where drain ranges so wildly and precise values are so aggressively tweaked (Corrupted Mods, looking at you).

Can the data load of a handful of extra bytes per loadout (to identify the rank of the slotted mod to use) really be higher than the load involved with having an actual incentive to hold multiple mods all with their own fusion levels?

When next Double Resource Weekend? Last one was more than 1 year ago.

How about: 

• new Clan management system;
  • fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
  • more flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system;
  • stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).

1. Can Nyx get a rework? Where she's a cross between a jedi and a psionic trooper from XCom?
  2. Sentinel Aura slots? Ex. Coolant Leak
  3. attachment slot for guns for mods like: Hush, Eagle eye, and terminal velocity

Archived