Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #112!

[DE]Rebecca

Will the new warframe has abilities which ideas are similar to previous warframes (eg, Gara 1 and Khora 1 are similar in many ways etc) or it will have completely new abilities ideas that has never been used before?

Because we felt too many times an idea has been reused, just change a bit here n there only (eg, Frost 3, Vauban 3 and Khora 4), which is very repetitive.

Changes I’d like to see in Warframe

Any news on the following?

New Archwing Content

·         I noticed a massive improvement with the movement system of Archwing since update 20. I may actually start getting back into it if there was more to do 😉

Nef Anyo

·         The Sergeant is not a boss, please bring Neffy (and by extension Derf) back.

Nuptia(?) System

·         Read this in a Devstream transcript a while back? When will I be allowed to marry my space waifu? (Its Cephalon Suda BTW)

·         Will there be a buff system for this mechanic (ie: playing with your betrothed gives you a bonus of some sort (damage, affinity, health etc.)

Swappable Cephalons

·         Can this please be a thing? As much as I love Ordis (not being sarcastic, I actually do love Ordis) I think it'd be really cool to switch the ship Cephalons out with different ones. Or maybe even a different Cephalon for each ship. Oooooooooohhhh.

Stalker Syndicate/Syndicate Assassinations.

·         Something I've wanted to see since I first met the Stalker back in 2014. Can we pleeeeaaaase get either a Stalker Syndicate or Syndicate Assassination missions and carry out assassinations on other playing Tenno? I would love to do some Dark Souls mess and invade another player and ice them for some dope Stalker gear. If not a Stalker Syndicate then I'd think that Syndicate Assassinations would work considering you already have Death Squads in place. I think it'd be cool to allow players to take up a contract and try to fight another Tenno who's in an opposing Syndicate. Tell me that wouldn't be cool!

Great Scythes (Melee Weapon idea)

The scythes we have in the game currently are very small and rather unsatisfying. They hit fast (which I like) but I don't get the whole "Grim Reaper" vibe when I'm wielding a scythe in this game. It'd be cool if we could have a much larger scythe (like the Kaszas) in normal combat that would swing slower and hit harder so I could run around with my Nekros Grim Reaper aesthetic. I would've submitted this for the melee weapon contest but I can't draw worth crap.

Derelict

·         The Derelict has gotten no love lately and It's making me kind of upset. We used to be able to get prime parts from there. Lephantis used to be the greatest boss of all time. Surviving for an hour in an ODS used to be fun. Now the Derelict only gets visited when A: people need to finish the Eris Junction, B: People need Corrupted Mods, or 😄 People need Kavat scans, which honestly, I didn't even know they spawned there until I came across them by accident. I think the Derelict needs a lot of attention. I do have some ideas for it but I'll save those for a bit later on.

Conclave

·         I have a few things for this one so hold onto your hats.

Relevancy

o   I enjoy Conclave. I used to hate it, but I forced myself to dig deep and really try to find the light in it. Now I love it. I play at least 3 matches every day. But a lot of my friends and Clanmates hate it. Especially a lot of the upper level players absolutely despise Conclave or just never touch it. Why is that? there are a few reasons and I'll get into them in a sec, but the main reason is because Conclave serves no purpose for the main game. Sure it offers some exclusive mods that can be used in PvP and PvE and it offers an alternative way to level up and enjoy the game. But playing it serves no real purpose other than cosmetics (which is why I'm playing it) and a few mods. If Conclave wants to be an actually important component of Warframe then it needs to have some serious changes made. If you don't mid please consider the following.

Annihilation (1vAll)

·         This game mode is bad because of the way it's set up. When you get a kill you have to go and retrieve the Oro that drops. Whoever has the most Oro or gets to 25 Oro first wins. The problem is, people can steal Oro without getting the kills. All someone has to do is sit in the back and watch two people fight, see them kill each other, and go take both Oro without getting touched. That or just a random passerby slides in and grabs it on accident because they were evading someone else and ran into it. The score should be based off of kills, not Oro count because the Oro count is not an accurate measure of player skill. It's just who's better at stealing points.

Custom Matches

·         We need to be able to have custom private matches. I would enjoy Conclave a lot more if I could practice againsst A.I., or play matches against friends with modifiers on (such as infinite energy, no health restore, headshots only, etc.). I'd really enjoy it if something like this came to the game.

New Game Modes

·         Currently there are 4 game modes in Conclave. I would really like to see a lot more types of game modes in Conclave so there is more diversity in the matches. I have some game mode ideas that could potentially be a lot of fun in Warframe because of the character variability.

·         Search and Destroy: One team protects an objective while the other destroys it.

·         Melee Only: Self-explanatory, only a melee weapon is allowed.

·         Snipers Only: Only a Sniper Rifle is allowed.

·         Bows Only: Only a bow is allowed

·         King of the Hill (Teams and Free For All: Teams or individual players compete to hold down a marked location for a period of time to gain points. Whoever stays on the objective the longest wins the match.

·         Prime (Juggernaut): One player starts off as the Prime. The Prime does increased damage and has increased health. The objective is to get as many kills as the Prime as you can to score points. Other players will have to work together to take the Prime down. Whoever lands the final blow on the Prime becomes the new Prime and the cycle continues.

·         Infested (Infected): One player is on a team alone against the enemy team. The enemy team is only allowed a Lato to defend themselves whereas the solo "Infected" player is allowed a different weapon (Latron, Braton, etc). When the Infested player kills an enemy, the enemy also becomes infested. The objective of the Infested is to turn everyone in the match Infected whereas the Clean team is trying to stay alive until the timer runs out. (Playing as a Charger would be hella fun.)

Relevancy Part 2

·         Do something to make Conclave relevant. There's no incentive to actually play Conclave right now so people aren't going to do it. If there was something that only Conclave had that players would want (more exclusive mods, exclusive weapons, Catalyst/Reactor/Forma rewards, Prime Part rewards) them more people would play it and it would give a reason to want to improve it.

Next Syndicate Quests

Steel Meridian Quest When? Arbiters of Hexis Quest When? Sanctuary Quest When? The Quills Quest When? (I bet it’s the Sacrifice)

Mission Types

·         Can we PLEASE get more missions like the Assault mission of the Kuva Fortress? It's so much fun and I want more of that.

·         Kuva Fortress was great btw

New Planets/Solar Systems

·         We got Lua with the Second Dream. Perhaps it's time to expand out even further? I'd like to be able to experience new environments, new factions, new characters, and new enemies.

Sentient Invasion

·         When I saw the Tomb of the Sentients trailer I was honestly expecting a full-scale invasion of the Sentients on the next update. Obviously, that didn't happen, but I'd love it if you guys made that dream come true.

Fashion Frame

·         Can we get Syndanas that wrap around the face as well as go down the back? (Long scarves)

·         Will there ever be an actual use for armor besides cosmetics?

Possible Warframe Changes

·         Ember – Make Fireball good?

·         Excalibur - Bring back super jump (please don’t actually)

·         Limbo  - WHY CAN’T WE BANISH PEOPLE WHILE IN THE RIFT?????

·         Nekros

o   Soul Punch – Make it scale off of melee mods

o   Terrify – Reduce all armor pleeeeaaasssee

o   Shadows of the Dead – Replace with a much more interesting skill. Nekros is a reaper right? So why not give him something like:

§  Reaping Harvest: Nekros summons his exalted scythe and swings it in a large area around him cutting affected enemies in half. Enemies that are killed drop health orbs for your team. Enemies that survive have a percentage of their armor permanently reduced (20%, 40%, 60%, 80%)

·         Nezha – Divine Spears needs a looksie

·         Nova – PLEASE UNNERF MY BABY

·         Nyx – Please, oh my god, please do something with Psychic Bolts

·         Octavia – Augments when?

·         Valkyr – Hysterical Assault opens enemies up to finishers maybe?

·         Vauban - Everything

Stack Building

·         Can we get a feature where if you’re in the Foundry you can craft a stack of items? For example, if you have enough materials to build 10 Orokin Derelict Defenses can we just craft all of them at once instead of doing it one at a time? That’d really be nice.

Ground to Archwing Missions

·         Will there ever be actual mission nodes that require us to switch from Archwing to basic movement and vice versa. The Kuva Fortress has a bit of it but not much. I’d like to see this become more regular in gameplay. Granted, I know we can do this on the plains, but can we get this in mission?

Closing

Thank you DE for the past 4 years. I love Warframe to death. I love playing with my friends and progressing ever farther into the depths of what Warframe has to offer. I take heavy inspiration from all of the hard work this team does and I'm always excited to see what you guys will do next. I hope you take the time to read this post and consider some of the suggestions I have a listed. Even if change never comes, I'll still love Warframe and I will continue to play it until the day I die.

Sincerely, Your ever-faithful Tenno

TurtletheBlack

P.S. Will there ever be the option to transfer PS4 data to PC? Asking for a friend

hello there! i have two "serious" questions 

1) when can we have a "leave squad" feature for extraction in endless missions like survivals or excavations?
2) what are you progress on shield gating? Are you still working on it or you've (temporary) abandoned the idea?

Here's other questions of mine less important

Spoiler

1) Can a Clan glyph and Alliance glyph be a thing in game?
2) Still working for the Orokin cipher (hacking minigame)? You said in a very long time ago that you were working on that but we didn't get any more news
3) Will tennogen items for operators be a thing in game?
4) Can we have a "preview" feature for orbiter decoration or warframe/weapon skins. as for now you can only regret buying something that seems look cool and didn't get what you expected
5) Can we have more configuration in upgrade/appearance screen? even one more configuration will be nice
6) Can old helmet arcanes come back under the form of new arcanes? Maybe you can put them in the new Venus openzone

I like the new particle system, it runs fast (at leats for me, I can't say for others) and it looks cool. So what about adding more effects: liquids (blood, water, acid, etc), tissues (there are lot of flags and banners on grineer tilesets), debris from explosions, maybe even make gore to be more diverse?

Hello DE, What about making some weaponized armor for example mini gattling guns,mini plasma cannons,Side Laser riffles,orToxic dart weapons for our companions/pets? Maybe make it so that the armor has to built just like most of the regular stuff or earned in full by doing sanctuary onslaught?And maybe make it so the weapons will only fire after you have collected enough of either health,energy,or ammo. Just a thought! : ]

Hi. 

Firstly let me start by saying that the GPU PARTICLES EFFECTS made me feel things that could only be described by linking a song. Warning,  mature content. 

Secondly, i wann say to scott steve sheldon rebecca gefu dean danielle megan more megan glen pablo and everyone else including the plant that used to tickle scotts head: i love you. Not in a romantic way, nor in a creepy uncle sorta way, but in a im feeling lovey today for no reason at all sorta way. 

Ok now on to the meat and taters. 

Choose your poison wisely. 

1. Clan and alliance glyphs when

2. Clan and alliance rooms/tents in relays/cetus when

3. Solar rail syndicate pve mechanics with unique resources similar to http://www.tinyurl.com/haelion when 

4. Pve dojo invasions where enemies try to damage rooms and research when

5. Return of solar rail dojo tiles (even if only used purely as  hallway / connector tiles) when

6. The ability to put any decoration type from our dojos in the obstacle course architect room when

7. Dojo room specific privilege setting when? (So i dont have to give someone architect privs to let them decorate a room or obstacle course)

8.  Custom enemy challenges room similar to simulacrum but with predetermined programs set up by leadership for players to use for earning ranks in the clan (i.e. set up rank tests such as take on a lvl 50 juggernaut with an unmodded excal and braton test) (mastery rank prereq setting option) (could add a whole host of new things to research, such as donate 30 ranked bratons to dojo to unlock braton for use there)

9.  An actual view worthy monument for founders? Im all for grandmasters having their special solar landmark but it would be cool if every tier of founder had monuments. For example, the solat landmarks could be either a decoration to be placed in our dojo, some decked out display screen with golden statuettes framing the sides.. or could be something that is given a specific tile-room for each tileset that randomly shows up in missions.. like a left over relic from orokin era colonization that for whatever reason cannot be destroyed. Something that cool for grandmasters, and for the rest of us lower ranked founders just some cool but basic looking displays that cycle our names. A great place for this could be the rotating display that spins around near the top of the central concourse in the relays. 

10. Old events replayable only at individual clan level when (meaning we clan and alliance leaders could set an old event as a clan or alliance event and leadership would need to donate items to unlock rewards for members. Example: set gradivus dilemma as event, clan leaders of storm clan donate 100 of each brakk part, then the event kicks off and those who support grineer for 100 pointa gets a brakk, or something to that effect you get the picture. 

Lastly, 

I started playing hyper light drifter and i can see why steve liked it so much. Beautiful setting and visual design. 

11. Any plans to give us a giant eidolon that comes out of the ocean on the plains that must be taken down using archwing and normal weapons combined? The thing could be so big that it stays in the ocean and only has its top half sticking out of the water. Also, no substitute limbs please. Trees are cool but eh... 

Anyhow, thanks for your hard work.

Oh, and please give us back wall running and directional air melee that isnt limited to ground slams. Kthnx. 

Nidus skin when? My love for this infested beauty knows no bounds, but he most definitely gets the short end of the stick when it comes to cosmetics. Even a new helmet would be nice, and the thought of a deluxe skin is exciting.

Regarding Melee 3.0: What purpose/place do you envision melee weapons being in? What level enemies should it be used against? Is it designed for highly tanky/invisible frames only?

I ask because: How do you address teammate's ranged weapons in lower level missions wiping out enemies while you're still waddling over there with your pole in hand; or perhaps the matter of higher level missions where enemies obliterate non-tank/invisible frames even in melee range?

Archived