The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions Regarding Macros

Dran

I'm very new to this issue, and searching on the forums did not give me any clear answers, so here are my questions, simply put:

1. Are Macros legal or illegal in Warframe? Specifically: built-in mouse and/or keyboard macro functions and third-party macro software are any of them considered illegal?

Example: AutoHotkey tool.

2. If the above are legal, how do you make an auto-fire macro? (click-and-hold make semi-auto weapons full-auto)

I saw a guy firing an Acrid like it was a Boltor, he said he was using an auto-fire macro. I have no idea if it was legal or how to make one myself.

Apology if this has been mentioned before and I failed at forum searching. Thanks in advance for any answers :)

I've never used macros in this game but I sure got tired of clicking like a madman and wearing out my finger. I just saw someone earlier mention assigning your scroll wheel as one of your fire buttons. It's more work than just holding a button, but it's very nice for guns like latron and vasto. Also it makes it really easy to fire only one shot at a time from my dera.

Like Draxxon said, simple solution would be to use the mouse scroll down/up key instead of the left mouse button for firing. I personally threw the left mouse button out the window and use both mouse scroll up and down. It's gonna turn your semi autos into machine guns! rawr!

Have Fun! :D

I have tried mouse scroll, it doesn't reach the speed of what the other guy was using.

His fire speed was something similar to the Acrid in this video: 

Was the guy in the video using Macro? or did he simply used scroll bind... I have no idea, any Macro user here?

As said before, unless DE states its open for use, be cautious. Third Party software which changes in the input may trigger a ban. Utilities have been known to cause hacking false alarms, but until DE states it, just avoid em, its not that hard to play the game.

Also, some players are liars. Gunslinger (pistol fire rate mod) can make Acrid fire like a full auto. If you're desperate for an answer you can always try support, list your question under the Other category I would assume.

In that vid look at the players Acrid Setup, Lethal Torrent maxed (Multishot/Rate of Fire +60%), Barrel Diffusion maxed (120% multishot) and Gunslinger maxed (72% RoF).

Thats a combined 180% multishot and 132% RoF, plus Acird has very little recoil compared to other semi autos and each projectile has dmg ticks from posion.

Edited by OrokinNoob

I/m using only double/triple click buttons on my mouse (it makes Spectra a pew-pew lazer), so I can't really help you, bt I think, that you only need to search certain keywords in Google to find it... I dunno, "macro autofire semi auto" should do it.

As said before, unless DE states its open for use, be cautious. Third Party software which changes in the input may trigger a ban. Utilities have been known to cause hacking false alarms, but until DE states it, just avoid em, its not that hard to play the game.

Also, some players are liars. Gunslinger (pistol fire rate mod) can make Acrid fire like a full auto. If you're desperate for an answer you can always try support, list your question under the Other category I would assume.

In that vid look at the players Acrid Setup, Lethal Torrent maxed (Multishot/Rate of Fire +60%), Barrel Diffusion maxed (120% multishot) and Gunslinger maxed (72% RoF).

Thats a combined 180% multishot and 132% RoF, plus Acird has very little recoil compared to other semi autos and each projectile has dmg ticks from posion.

Seriously, if pressing a small piece of plastic down is too much effort for you, then maybe computers aren't your thing overall.

This is really getting rather pathetic now.

Thank you for the answers.

Seriously, if pressing a small piece of plastic down is too much effort for you, then maybe computers aren't your thing overall.

This is really getting rather pathetic now.

Pressing a piece of plastic as fast as I can isn't a problem.

Pressing a piece of plastic as fast as I can for a few hours, however, is problematic. I don't want a sore finger or a broken mouse, Diablo was enough :)

It's more of a convenience matter than performance. Plus I'm curious.