Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield gives short immune to damage. (aka shield gating)

IfritKajiTora

How shield gating should work:
For example your Volt have 1000 shield, and get's 500 damage in one shot. The game remember that you got 500 damage so your shield should be 1000-500=500, but it doesn't remove that 500 shield on hit. It quickly drains the shield down, 500 shield in 0.6 second. You can't be damaged to health until your shield is 0 (Only damage that ignore shield can still damage you like it is now).
In the time when your shield is gained, enemies can still damage your shield to make it run down further for the future seconds. The game remember how much damage you get into shields and draining it until it reach that point. To make it more understanding here is an example:
You have 2000 shield, one enemy hit 1000 damage, and your shields start to dropping down, it should stop at 2000-1000=1000, but in that time another enemy hit you with 3000 damage. So your shield will be drained until reaches 0.

What does that mean, and how it can help?
Your Warframe have 2000 shield, and on high leveled missions an enemy in one shot can deal 7000 damage, most of not Tanki Warframes would DIE by one shot. With this shield gating you get that 7000 damage, so your shield goes down really quickly until reaches 0 (2.4 sec for 2000 shield). In this time when shield is going down, you can get only health damage by damage that ignores shields (slash, gas, toxin etc). No matter what level the enemies have, with 2000 shields you can be almost immortal for 2,4 secs, so 

It's not much, but it's a good way of adding shield gating mechanic, it can really help and save life many many times, we could get a new mod that decreases draining speed so your shield can last for longer in any leveled content.

To not make it overpowered or something, there could be a point where shield gating can be counted. Having 1 shield and being hit by a powerful attack and don't get any health damage would be stupid. So shield gating timer should count form 500 shields. So shield smaller than 500 points can be damaged to 0 in one hit immediately and the rest of damage goes to health.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

10 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

Uh they actually wanted to implement shield gating before, not sure what became of that idea though

They said that what they had wasn't enough, like it meant no real change, it wont help in anything.

I think they had a bad idea with shield gating that really meant nothing, or they think that 2 seconds of invulnerability wont help which is of course false information. It can safe a LOT. And here I show idea where the more you have shields the more invulnerability state you have, so it's worth having more shield.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

The problem I see with this system is how it codes into the game. What happens when you use Bless while the shield is draining down? Does it cancel the shield drain immediately? How does this affect the inputs and will it cause conflicts with other processes? Then there are Slash/Gas/Toxin. Shield Gating does nothing against those. Slash hits both shields and health, how do you factor this in? Shield gating will stop it draining shields, but if you have so little health, the slash will kill your HP and you before shield gating can do anything. Gas and Toxin bypasses shields completely, so shield gating doesn't even come into effect. What about Radiation? What if players get affected by that proc and accidentally "kill" other players? How does the damage calculation go into that for shield gating? You have frames like Valkyr and Mesa that can do hundreds of thousands of damage in less than a second. Or how about Equinox, who's capable of storing up to an effective 1 billion damage? How will shield gating prevent that when you have barely 2k shields/health? There could be extenuating circumstances on how this works, but with your hypotheticals it's unrealistic to a certain extent. Almost no frames in the game are capable of reaching over 2k overshields, save Hydroid, Mag, Frost, Trinity, and Harrow (or anyone with a base 450 shields). To give them "a few seconds of invulnerability" throws it into the faces of truly invulnerable Warframes like Hydroid and Valkyr. 

3 minutes ago, Bao said:

The problem I see with this system is how it codes into the game. What happens when you use Bless while the shield is draining down? Does it cancel the shield drain immediately? How does this affect the inputs and will it cause conflicts with other processes? Then there are Slash/Gas/Toxin. Shield Gating does nothing against those. Slash hits both shields and health, how do you factor this in? Shield gating will stop it draining shields, but if you have so little health, the slash will kill your HP and you before shield gating can do anything. Gas and Toxin bypasses shields completely, so shield gating doesn't even come into effect. What about Radiation? What if players get affected by that proc and accidentally "kill" other players? How does the damage calculation go into that for shield gating? You have frames like Valkyr and Mesa that can do hundreds of thousands of damage in less than a second. Or how about Equinox, who's capable of storing up to an effective 1 billion damage? How will shield gating prevent that when you have barely 2k shields/health? There could be extenuating circumstances on how this works, but with your hypotheticals it's unrealistic to a certain extent. Almost no frames in the game are capable of reaching over 2k overshields, save Hydroid, Mag, Frost, Trinity, and Harrow (or anyone with a base 450 shields). To give them "a few seconds of invulnerability" throws it into the faces of truly invulnerable Warframes like Hydroid and Valkyr. 

-Bless = stop draining. You get full shield instantly so the game remember that it need change shield to 100%, so it's at that point already so not draining shields.
-Slash hit shields. Slash status makes you bleed so you lose health, I don't know how it should not work.
-If slash kill you then yes, shield gating wont work.
-Radiation? it will work normally, just with this shield gating, if you have shield but someone will give you slash status, gas or toxin you will still die, without shield gating making any issues -with that.
-about equinox, shield gating should affect only Warframes, because on higher levels we are dying by one shot sometimes, while enemies are gaining more shield with higher levels and they are many. So any high damage we deal would not be nerfed, because enemies can't be immune to damage because of shield gating.
-2k+ shields: Volt overload augment or primed vigor + redirection, Harrow can ge to to 3k shields, Frost can get 2150 shields (Primed vigor + redirection), Trinity energy vampire augment, Mag 4, probably electrc Chroma too.

2 seconds of invulnerability state can really safe you. Some Moba games have characters will abilities like 2 seconds immune to damage state and it can do a work. Not every Warframe will be able to get much of a benefit from it, but some like Volt or Mag that should have benefits from it, will have a decent benefits (2000 shield = 2.4 seconds of invulnerability state).

43 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

-Bless = stop draining. You get full shield instantly so the game remember that it need change shield to 100%, so it's at that point already so not draining shields.
-Slash hit shields. Slash status makes you bleed so you lose health, I don't know how it should not work.
-If slash kill you then yes, shield gating wont work.
-Radiation? it will work normally, just with this shield gating, if you have shield but someone will give you slash status, gas or toxin you will still die, without shield gating making any issues -with that.
-about equinox, shield gating should affect only Warframes, because on higher levels we are dying by one shot sometimes, while enemies are gaining more shield with higher levels and they are many. So any high damage we deal would not be nerfed, because enemies can't be immune to damage because of shield gating.
-2k+ shields: Volt overload augment or primed vigor + redirection, Harrow can ge to to 3k shields, Frost can get 2150 shields (Primed vigor + redirection), Trinity energy vampire augment, Mag 4, probably electrc Chroma too.

2 seconds of invulnerability state can really safe you. Some Moba games have characters will abilities like 2 seconds immune to damage state and it can do a work. Not every Warframe will be able to get much of a benefit from it, but some like Volt or Mag that should have benefits from it, will have a decent benefits (2000 shield = 2.4 seconds of invulnerability state).

Bless: If that were the case, then Trinity will be demanded in every endurance run and no one would actually "die" because Trinity will forever keep you alive. The threat of death and being downed is removed, and only those who don't pay attention because "oh, shield gating will protect me, I don't need to worry about it" will actually experience this phenomenon. This is not only removing a mechanic in the game, but also extremely unforgiving on Trinities because it encourages players to blame them for not healing in the time frame it takes for their shields to drain. Personally, I'm against this if only because right now she's sitting on a precarious ledge between being a model support and capable of nuking rooms. There are other ways of replenishing your "shields" to consider, so we'd have to factor those in calculating how they affect shields: Mag's Crush/Polarize, Volt's Capacitance, Shield pads, Sentinel mods that instantly refill your shields upon depletion, etc. And there are mechanics implemented in the game to help reduce the amount of damage you receive to begin with, like mods and simply being in the air provides hidden damage reduction buffs.

Perhaps I didn't clarify this properly, I mean if an Equinox has stored up that much damage, but gets a radiation proc, how is shield gating on yourself supposed to stop 1 billion damage points if you're only supposed to gate 2k? Realistically, we won't get to that point, but even 1 million points of damage, which is achievable and a plausible situation, how can shield gating justify nullifying the extra 998,000 points of damage? I guess Bless will help negate this kind of situation, if it ever arises. 

I'm aware there are frames who can get more than 2k shields. I pointed that out, you reiterated which I'm not sure exactly what point you were trying to reinforce/deny. However having two defensive mods (as I see you're pointing out) means that there's 2 less slots to throw on other useful mods. Some builds also sacrifice an extra slot for augments for specific purposes so dedicating slots to those particular mods (Primed/Vigor, Redirection) reduces the efficacy of certain builds. At that point you are building your frame to survive rather than to suppress the enemy. It would work for frames like Trinity and Oberon (since EV and Smite are based on enemy health rather than flat damage) and defensive frames like Gara/Limbo (Gara's Mass Vitrify Scales with enemy health/shields and Limbo's Cataclysm is a powerful CC tool until you run into Nullifier Crewmen). Frames like Volt and Mag will have ABSURD benefits from this, because look at their kits: Volt has a shield that has NO health/damage cap on what it absorbs, and can safely put down a few to keep teammates safe from projectiles. Mag is one of the best end-game scaling frames, because of her capability to lock down entire rooms. Pull has a pretty long CC duration for a short, quick cast. Magnetize a chokepoint and laugh at the enemies trying to get through. Counter Pulse Polarize to jam their guns, strip their armor and shields, and replenish teammate shields. Crush will stop enemies dead in their tracks and also affect new enemies getting into her range. While I do agree they need better defensive capabilities, they are squishy because they trade survivability for immense power. If you give them survivability through shield gating, reduce or adjust their kit effectiveness or else they will become behemoths overshadowing everyone else. Just examples.

I have no idea what to say about implementing MOBA mechanics in a game that is clearly not a MOBA. 

On a final note: Shield gating does NOT provide invulnerability. It provides a small window of time for you to prevent your shields from being drained immediately on one hit or you going down completely. The definition of invulnerability is having the strength to withstand an attack, which isn't much for frames with little shields/no shields. If you can't standardize or find a golden ratio of shield drain for gating across all frames, you're going to have a very broken mechanic that will need constant readjustment and balancing. The fact that we're even having to consider this as players and not as DE's developers just gives you an idea on why it's taking them so long to implement this, or why they scrapped the idea altogether. And technically we already have a "shield-gating" mechanic that exists in the form of a single mod: Quick Thinking. It will stop you from dying at 2 HP, draining your energy instead so that provides an extra "few seconds of invulnerability." This increases if you have Primed Flow/Flow and efficiency increases with higher ranks. 

There is a reason why topics like shield gating, universal vaccum, scaling rewards, etc., remain controversial if not difficult to practically implement.

30 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

How about we fix the lopsided damage and scaling systems instead of trying to support game situations that you never encounter in normal missions?

If you want a TL;DR version of the above wall of text, this. ^^^^ I'd much rather see a change in how damage works for enemies against players than trying to implement a mechanic that favors a few, select frames.

Shield gating doesn't help in a game like this. If you aren't downed by the first hit, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th will get you and they will be on you nearly instantly. It doesn't really help in instances where the game is intended to be at a certain level, and does nothing for going outside the intended level. You would just continue to steamroll the rest of the game and would be downed in the same place you are now.

8 hours ago, Bao said:

Bless: If that were the case, then Trinity will be demanded in every endurance run and no one would actually "die" because Trinity will forever keep you alive. The threat of death and being downed is removed, and only those who don't pay attention because "oh, shield gating will protect me, I don't need to worry about it" will actually experience this phenomenon. This is not only removing a mechanic in the game, but also extremely unforgiving on Trinities because it encourages players to blame them for not healing in the time frame it takes for their shields to drain. Personally, I'm against this if only because right now she's sitting on a precarious ledge between being a model support and capable of nuking rooms. There are other ways of replenishing your "shields" to consider, so we'd have to factor those in calculating how they affect shields: Mag's Crush/Polarize, Volt's Capacitance, Shield pads, Sentinel mods that instantly refill your shields upon depletion, etc. And there are mechanics implemented in the game to help reduce the amount of damage you receive to begin with, like mods and simply being in the air provides hidden damage reduction buffs.

Perhaps I didn't clarify this properly, I mean if an Equinox has stored up that much damage, but gets a radiation proc, how is shield gating on yourself supposed to stop 1 billion damage points if you're only supposed to gate 2k? Realistically, we won't get to that point, but even 1 million points of damage, which is achievable and a plausible situation, how can shield gating justify nullifying the extra 998,000 points of damage? I guess Bless will help negate this kind of situation, if it ever arises. 

I'm aware there are frames who can get more than 2k shields. I pointed that out, you reiterated which I'm not sure exactly what point you were trying to reinforce/deny. However having two defensive mods (as I see you're pointing out) means that there's 2 less slots to throw on other useful mods. Some builds also sacrifice an extra slot for augments for specific purposes so dedicating slots to those particular mods (Primed/Vigor, Redirection) reduces the efficacy of certain builds. At that point you are building your frame to survive rather than to suppress the enemy. It would work for frames like Trinity and Oberon (since EV and Smite are based on enemy health rather than flat damage) and defensive frames like Gara/Limbo (Gara's Mass Vitrify Scales with enemy health/shields and Limbo's Cataclysm is a powerful CC tool until you run into Nullifier Crewmen). Frames like Volt and Mag will have ABSURD benefits from this, because look at their kits: Volt has a shield that has NO health/damage cap on what it absorbs, and can safely put down a few to keep teammates safe from projectiles. Mag is one of the best end-game scaling frames, because of her capability to lock down entire rooms. Pull has a pretty long CC duration for a short, quick cast. Magnetize a chokepoint and laugh at the enemies trying to get through. Counter Pulse Polarize to jam their guns, strip their armor and shields, and replenish teammate shields. Crush will stop enemies dead in their tracks and also affect new enemies getting into her range. While I do agree they need better defensive capabilities, they are squishy because they trade survivability for immense power. If you give them survivability through shield gating, reduce or adjust their kit effectiveness or else they will become behemoths overshadowing everyone else. Just examples.

I have no idea what to say about implementing MOBA mechanics in a game that is clearly not a MOBA. 

On a final note: Shield gating does NOT provide invulnerability. It provides a small window of time for you to prevent your shields from being drained immediately on one hit or you going down completely. The definition of invulnerability is having the strength to withstand an attack, which isn't much for frames with little shields/no shields. If you can't standardize or find a golden ratio of shield drain for gating across all frames, you're going to have a very broken mechanic that will need constant readjustment and balancing. The fact that we're even having to consider this as players and not as DE's developers just gives you an idea on why it's taking them so long to implement this, or why they scrapped the idea altogether. And technically we already have a "shield-gating" mechanic that exists in the form of a single mod: Quick Thinking. It will stop you from dying at 2 HP, draining your energy instead so that provides an extra "few seconds of invulnerability." This increases if you have Primed Flow/Flow and efficiency increases with higher ranks. 

There is a reason why topics like shield gating, universal vaccum, scaling rewards, etc., remain controversial if not difficult to practically implement.

If you want a TL;DR version of the above wall of text, this. ^^^^ I'd much rather see a change in how damage works for enemies against players than trying to implement a mechanic that favors a few, select frames.

Equinox have 1 mln damage gathered, you have radiation on you, and equinox use all that damage, when you have shields. So yeah it will prevent you from dying because that's why there is shield gating.

I though that you are afraid that 2.4 seconds in being invulnerable to health damage is too low for 2000k shields, so I mentioned which frames can have high shields and can have benefits from it.
The same with mentioning MOBA, this isn't moba game yes, but these abilities in those games helps a lot in some situations. But you think that this shield gate mechanic will make some warframes Overpowered... heh

Quick thinking isn't any good for Warframes without high armor, so it's just like another extra health for tanks. Shields no matter what are trash getting down instantly, low health and armor but high shield warframes no matter how strong shields they have it's just trash, like shield doesn't matter on high leveled content.

However this scaling ability of not dying from one shot and giving some time before dying, have Nullifiers, if you hit their energy ball, it's getting smaller in half of a second, but you need to hit it more and more. Where I put idea that shield goes down to the amount it got damaged, and while draining shield state it still count more hits to get down shield even further. So it won't be that much broken as nullifier.

If you're using the right load out in the game for the right mission with the proper group synergies, literally nothing can't be cheesed to holy hell and back.

There is literally no good reason I can see to give more power creep into the game, not to mention this would invalidate a lot of the systems in place that work well like various elemental combos.

Downvote for this idea.

On 2018-06-01 at 1:01 AM, IfritKajiTora said:

Equinox have 1 mln damage gathered, you have radiation on you, and equinox use all that damage, when you have shields. So yeah it will prevent you from dying because that's why there is shield gating.

I though that you are afraid that 2.4 seconds in being invulnerable to health damage is too low for 2000k shields, so I mentioned which frames can have high shields and can have benefits from it.
The same with mentioning MOBA, this isn't moba game yes, but these abilities in those games helps a lot in some situations. But you think that this shield gate mechanic will make some warframes Overpowered... heh

Quick thinking isn't any good for Warframes without high armor, so it's just like another extra health for tanks. Shields no matter what are trash getting down instantly, low health and armor but high shield warframes no matter how strong shields they have it's just trash, like shield doesn't matter on high leveled content.

However this scaling ability of not dying from one shot and giving some time before dying, have Nullifiers, if you hit their energy ball, it's getting smaller in half of a second, but you need to hit it more and more. Where I put idea that shield goes down to the amount it got damaged, and while draining shield state it still count more hits to get down shield even further. So it won't be that much broken as nullifier.

Quick Thinking can be useful on frames that don't have high armor, if they are capable of counteracting having a lower stat (Trinity has EV to keep energy up and Link to reduce damage to herself, Nekros has Desecrate, Limbo has Rift Plane, etc). You don't need this on a tank because they should be tanky enough to sustain their hits, at least early on.

But if you put Quick Thinking on say a Frost, who's an armor-heavier frame, you have not only shield gating that prevents him from dying, but also the augment that applies armor to himself and allies, his snowglobes that stop damage, and Quick thinking in case he loses all his shields and health and needs that little 'oomph.' There is the lesser known Wukong who is arguably one of the best survival frames in the game, if only because he has an ability that literally defies death. Throw that on there and he'll never die. I am not "thinking" that the gating mechanic will make some warframes overpowered, it will make a good number with higher armor, energy, or shields, or both overpowered.

High armor frames: Valkyr, Atlas, Chroma, Rhino, Saryn, Frost, Hydroid, Excalibur, Khora, Oberon, Wukong, 

High Energy frames: Volt, Ivara, Banshee, Nova, Saryn, Mag

High Shield frames: Harrow, Hydroid, Trinity, Volt, Zephyr.

Shield gating + Quick thinking would make for ridiculous power creeping, and if your point is just the "invulnerability" alone, you're completely overlooking other mechanics that would trivialize the game with gating. There's a reason why they've done trials and errors with it, and why they didn't implement it in a game like this. In MOBAs, you having that invulnerability means you have an edge over other players. Shield Gating doesn't give you any sort of cutting edge mechanic in Warframe - it gives you a massive boost in power that you really don't need with how simplified it's become over the years. Asking for this now is basically saying "the game is still too hard make it easier pls."

Warframe is about staying on your toes and being aware of your surroundings. Unfortunately, it has become a game of "how to get through missions the fastest" without any regards to the already-existing mechanics that reduces your damage taken no matter what frame you take. It's already been proven with the number of official endurance challenges, lasting up to 10 hours on what already exists in the game. No one really does those anymore unless they're going for world records, and if you put shield gating in the game, 10 hour survivals become trivial numbers. It becomes a matter of who's willing to sit through a 24-hour record run and not kill themselves by doing so.

On 2018-06-01 at 5:00 AM, Klokwerkaos said:

If you're using the right load out in the game for the right mission with the proper group synergies, literally nothing can't be cheesed to holy hell and back.

There is literally no good reason I can see to give more power creep into the game, not to mention this would invalidate a lot of the systems in place that work well like various elemental combos.

Downvote for this idea.

This user pretty much sums it up.

DE already made the game forgiving by allowing 4 revives a mission instead of per day, and making revives free instead of costing plat beyond the 4 revives you were given. They further gave you more revives through the use of maxed out arcanes, so you have 6 revives per mission if you really want it to. Shield gating means experiencing deaths is virtually non-existent, and only specific elemental combinations would be able to actually take you down without triggering the gating. Death mechanic goes out the window. Magnetic damage would also need to be factored in, because it reduces your shield amount temporarily. You'd have to figure an algorithm to account for this as well, and how the math needs to be readjusted when the impact proc is removed or applied.

There's a reason why they've already experimented with this suggestion and scrapped the idea. Don't keep pushing a mechanic that's clearly geared to favor popular frames and make players pick them over others, just because they would innately give any player a major advantage over other frames.

On 2018-05-31 at 2:13 PM, RealPandemonium said:

How about we fix the lopsided damage and scaling systems instead of trying to support game situations that you never encounter in normal missions?

This is only partially true tho. There are "normal missions" that are still considered pretty high level and would benefit from shield gating. Eidolon hunts, some sorties, high level bounties, the Index, Rathuum, etc. Basically any mission where you can still die pretty quickly. 

Anyways, your idea of "normal missions" is subjective. You don't have to do anything strange to face high level enemies. Just play a normal Survival mission and keep playing for awhile. It's still a normal mission, but now the enemies can one-shot you. 

19 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

This is only partially true tho. There are "normal missions" that are still considered pretty high level and would benefit from shield gating. Eidolon hunts, some sorties, high level bounties, the Index, Rathuum, etc. Basically any mission where you can still die pretty quickly. 

If you are dying pretty quickly in sorties or terry captures the answer isn't to buff the player, it's for the player to invest more in their build either through playing or paying, as is DE's business model. 

Tell me with a straight face you have maxed focus schools, min/maxed rivens, every weapon forma'd and use proper team synergy and have any trouble with dying tridolon caps after your first few runs.  You won't, because you'll be so powerful the content will be trivial.  Sorties and Tridolon caps are literally trivial if you have the correct load out and team to the point where I revive rather than wait to get picked up by other players just to save time if I happen to make a dumb move and jump into the giant telegraph attack beam like a dumb ass.

And if you don't have that power level... well, the solution seems obvious.  GO GET THAT POWER LEVEL.  Earn it or pay for it.  The solution is already there, you just have to be willing to work towards it, and therein lies the crux of this argument...

Prima "The content is too hard" 

Secunda "Go get the right gear and build"

Prima "I don't want to, that takes too long and/or costs too much, I'd rather just win immediately without having to invest, DE should give that to me for free and redesign the whole game just for me even though it undermines their free to play model entirely"

Secunda "You're adorable"

Edited by Klokwerkaos

47 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

If you are dying pretty quickly in sorties or terry captures the answer isn't to buff the player, it's for the player to invest more in their build either through playing or paying, as is DE's business model. 

Tell me with a straight face you have maxed focus schools, min/maxed rivens, every weapon forma'd and use proper team synergy and have any trouble with dying tridolon caps after your first few runs.  You won't, because you'll be so powerful the content will be trivial.  Sorties and Tridolon caps are literally trivial if you have the correct load out and team to the point where I revive rather than wait to get picked up by other players just to save time if I happen to make a dumb move and jump into the giant telegraph attack beam like a dumb ass.

And if you don't have that power level... well, the solution seems obvious.  GO GET THAT POWER LEVEL.  Earn it or pay for it.  The solution is already there, you just have to be willing to work towards it, and therein lies the crux of this argument...

Prima "The content is too hard" 

Secunda "Go get the right gear and build"

Prima "I don't want to, that takes too long and/or costs too much, I'd rather just win immediately without having to invest, DE should give that to me for free and redesign the whole game just for me even though it undermines their free to play model entirely"

Secunda "You're adorable"

I primarily do endurance. That's just what I like playing. My point is for those of us who like to play the hardest content Warframe has to offer, shield gating could be beneficial and I also think it could be beneficial for other players too. I see people dying all the time in sorties and Eidolon hunts. It happens.

Not really sure what point you're making anyways. What part of your build can fix getting one-shot through full shields, health, quick thinking/energy? I'm really curious. Or do you think people just want shield gating because you honestly believe they feel "The content is too hard". Seriously? The people who care about shield gating are the people who play the hardest content. It's literally something you don't really notice until you face the toughest enemies. It could still be helpful for newer players tho. Anyways, it would help Warframe when it comes to investing in builds. I don't know anybody who even uses shields in their builds. Shield gating would make shields more useful. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

2 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

I primarily do endurance. That's just what I like playing. My point is for those of us who like to play the hardest content Warframe has to offer, shield gating could be beneficial and I also think it could be beneficial for other players too. I see people dying all the time in sorties and Eidolon hunts. It happens.

Not really sure what point you're making anyways. What part of your build can fix getting one-shot through full shields, health, quick thinking/energy? I'm really curious. Or do you think people just want shield gating because you honestly believe they feel "The content is too hard". Seriously? The people who care about shield gating are the people who play the hardest content. It's literally something you don't really notice until you face the toughest enemies. It could still be helpful for newer players tho. Anyways, it would help Warframe when it comes to investing in builds. I don't know anybody who even uses shields in their builds. Shield gating would make shields more useful. 

Yes it would and that entirely disregards everything I have said above in previous posts so we can agree to disagree since we have differing opinions.

That said, pretty sure 99.9% you won't get your wish because A) they already looked at this and scrapped it, and B) warframe is not designed to reward endless players, it actually disincentivises that on rewards vs time and C) this is DE's stated MO on the subject (they want bite sized content) and D) again, not in the financial interest of the company to make the grind easier.

I'm against the idea, personally for a wide variety of reasons and more importantly DE blatantly said no twice over.  Not sure what you have to gain by arguing for it.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

7 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Endurance is not what the game is intended to be balanced around.  You're on your own in Endurance, and that's part of what makes it fun.  If they started officially supporting endurance, it wouldn't be endurance anymore; it would just be more grind.