Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #112!

[DE]Danielle

Thanks for tuning in to our last Devstream before TennoCon 2018!! The Devs have moved from the live-stream couch into their hideaways to continue being hard at work on The Sacrifice quest. 

And if you were curious, the song in the intro (WARFRAME! YEAAAAAH! CAN YOU HEAR THEM CALLING?!) is the first place winner RustyFIN from our Tenno Tunes Vol 3 Contest!

Missed the stream? We've got an overview for ya! 

Prize winners: 

Spoiler

1000 Plat: 

Firestorm878
MetatronPrime
IIIScrapIII

Zephyr Prime Pack: Watakid

Prime Chamber: DirtySorakamain

Thanks for all of your support! Couldn't do this without ya, Tenno.

I know it was extremely WIP but here's my 2 cents about "Vlad".

* 3/4 of his abilities seem to have the pre limbo rework syndrome: all axed towards doing one thing/ the same thing while the 4 suffers from a complete disconnect.

* his 1 makes enemies invul which is already a red flag for squads. (Ash pre rework, nyx's control ect...)

* The vampire theme seems a bit forced on a sentient themed frame or the reverse and it shows on the abilities.

* The whole "control enemies to do damage for you" is completely obsolete in warframe when you look at how their damage scales vs their hp and armor. Nyx's control suffers from the same problem too.

* Slow CCs have always been inefficient in warframe as a fast paced game. (khora's ensnare pre-rework, inaros's 4th cc part ect...) and trying to fix it with an invul period makes it problematic for squad play.

As he is 'Vlad' steps on the toes of... what, two, three existing frames?

Right now, he seems like "Nyx but better"+"Limbo once again", and his mist seems like it has something that Wukong's 3 needs.

I understand that with that many frames it's difficult to avoid overlap (which is why I think you shouldn't hurry with more - we have many as is, focus on other parts of the game), but 'some overlap' is one thing, while "showing up one frame and doubling the other" is another.

Plus, I remember you were saying you did not want to make a 'faction-themed' frames, but here we have Eidolon-frame, and there's Infested-frame (Nidus) already.

Looking forward to see how he is going to turn out in the end.

I'm not really sure where to put feedback, but: If you're going to give exalted weapons their own modding and polarities to start with, PLEASE actually make them V polarities. You know full well those are the most widely used.

13 minutes ago, SSI_Seraph said:

I know it was extremely WIP but here's my 2 cents about "Vlad".

* 3/4 of his abilities seem to have the pre limbo rework syndrome: all axed towards doing one thing/ the same thing while the 4 suffers from a complete disconnect.

* his 1 makes enemies invul which is already a red flag for squads. (Ash pre rework, nyx's control ect...)

* The vampire theme seems a bit forced on a sentient themed frame or the reverse and it shows on the abilities.

* The whole "control enemies to do damage for you" is completely obsolete in warframe when you look at how their damage scales vs their hp and armor. Nyx's control suffers from the same problem too.

* Slow CCs have always been inefficient in warframe as a fast paced game. (khora's ensnare pre-rework, inaros's 4th cc part ect...) and trying to fix it with an invul period makes it problematic for squad play.

I feel the same way. 3 abilties to do one thing, get your own army (Nekros says hi), then the ultimate seems to be a very expensive Rest. 

Nyx could easily fit that role of mind controlling enemies. Nekros already had that and damage reduction with one ability. 

I feel like Vlad should definitely have the first ability looked at. Simply marking the enemy without having some sort of secondary function seems like a waste of an ability.

Also, all around, he definitely needs more time to bake. Not visually, of course.

Umm, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this post but you asked for player feedback from PS4 players, and I have some....

Has any thought been given to allowing us to toggle aim on in ground missions/archwing missions independently so I won't have to keep switching back and forth, as on ground it aids in run n slide gunning, in archwing  missions its a liability....just a thought, thank you for such a great game and the new frame looks awesome :)

27 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

To be VERY honest - Sentients themselves are more creative (damage invulnerability, Vomvalyst's ghost mode, Eidolon's crazy damage bursts) than this copy-paste-frame from Nyx-Wukong-Equinox... seriously, what happened to you DE?

Too many warframes, so ideas goes offline

If "Vlad" is supposed to be some kind of eidolon/sentient frame, wouldn't it be best if his abilities originated from the eidolons or some other sentient? For example (I came up with this off the top of my head) his abilities would be based on his energy color (similar to chroma's buffs) and would correspond to terralyst, gantulyst, or hydrolyst based on the color. Gantulyst would be some kind of support with the shield dome he throws around himself, the hydrolyst would be an all out nuker with magnetic CC capabilty, and the terralyst would be somewhere in between doing damage and some kind of support. Just a thought, I hope this frame turns out to be great and not another copypasta mashup of other frames

I don't know since when, but it seems DE's creative direction has been changed n shaped by constant community complain about skills synergy, hence they are indirectly forced to make skills synergies with one n other, thus resulting in 2-3 skills just to do 1 job.

Most has been pointed out by those above.

As for copy n paste, I wish Vlad has more of Sentient's power than a Nyx, Equinox shadow. 

He has Frost's passive as an ability but with charges? If this is to stay, I wish there will be damage reduction.

I feel the vampire theme is being forced on a sentient frame or vice versa because clearly those 2 don't match.

It would be nice to use a frame with similar power as the Eidolons since this is what Vlad was concept-ed for, but no disco-light power please, it has been reused too many times on stalker, mirage and ganulyst already. I don't wish to play another Nyx-Equinox wannabe.

Look wise, Vlad is looking good, just that I notice there isn't much color-separate parts shown as he is in 1 single color or sort. The 2 tiny eyes on the default helmet just above the beard made him looked like a toad/frog, which completely took away the badass feel of some Dark Souls looks.

*There is 1 thing I am curious about.... is the reason for making new abilities similar to old ones, a means of ease on the game-coding? because the code would be there already just to change a little I guess. Else, I am not sure why there are always a repetition of abilities with new frames. 

I got the liset Twitch drop from the devstream, but haven't gotten the next one yet.  My partner and I opened streams together from the partner page, and only I did not get the drop.  Have tried many streams, have unlinked and relinked, have logged out and back in...  Still no drop.

My partner despises Twitch at least as much as I do, so it can't be that.

i think 4 is pretty boring for a vampire inspired frame i would love something more visually appealing like shape shifting into a shadow or bats or whatever and once enemies enter this aura you project they could be susceptible to finishers and all enemies killed would gain the weird mechanics his other ability do. at least like that you can choose specific enemies you wanna turn + it's a good opportunity to make it a unique finisher animation making it even more vampire related as a whole the kit feels strong only thing i think would be good is a strong indicator witch enemies are turned to prevent confusion right now i know it's a placeholder the ash indicator but it needs something like nekros 4 so other players know witch enemies are turned and witch are not. and finally if you stick with his current 4 could you guys add the eidolon scream since it does look like one i think the eidolon scream would fit him as well.

On 2018-06-02 at 4:32 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Thanks for tuning in to our last Devstream before TennoCon 2018!! The Devs have moved from the live-stream couch into their hideaways to continue being hard at work on The Sacrifice quest. 

And if you were curious, the song in the intro (WARFRAME! YEAAAAAH! CAN YOU HEAR THEM CALLING?!) is the first place winner RustyFIN from our Tenno Tunes Vol 3 Contest!

Missed the stream? We've got an overview for ya! 

Prize winners: 

Hide contents

1000 Plat: 

Firestorm878
MetatronPrime
IIIScrapIII

Zephyr Prime Pack: Watakid

Prime Chamber: DirtySorakamain

Thanks for all of your support! Couldn't do this without ya, Tenno.

Please DE don't make seperate weapon loadout for exalted weapons. Or if you want to seperate the modding for further customization please don't make us put forma into them, that's far too much investment into something that is not entirely necessary. I would suggest allowing us to change the polarity any way we like, nobody would go for full damage with no utility, because if you simply put in Primed Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike and many physical damage mods that wouldn't make the build viable at all, so tweaking the build for suitable use is absolutely necessary. Or there is a much more simple way is to not have any mod capacity at all (only applie to exalted weapons), this way we can still invest enough forma into the frame itself while maintaining the viability of the weapons we bring

Archived