Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

The abilities (I know they're WIP, but here's my feedback) take toooooo much time to set up. You look at frames like Harrow, Valkyr, Nidus (stacking) etc that have to compete with teammates to keep up or gain buffs.

This pseudo cooperative design seems to increase as time goes on:

How many enemies can Vlad (or ash for that matter) mark in the time it takes an ally to outright kill a horde? 

I'm just looking for things like:

Nidus getting fraction of stacks if allies kill enemies affected by Larvae

Valkyr getting a fraction of duration increase for Eternal War if allies are affected and kill with a melee.

Harrow's allies getting kills in range triggering a fractioned version of thurible.

I.e: Something is better than nothing.

Edited by Synpai

Here's what we've been shown during the latest Devstream:

• Eidolon/vampire theme 
  • Spreading affliction
  • Mind control
  • Mass slumber 
  • Health/energy leeching

Any ideas for a name? I'm gonna be unoriginal here and go for Tepes (pronounced te-pesh), as in Vlad Tepes, AKA Count Dracula. That or simply Drac or Dracul, Nosferatu, and of course, Edward.

Edited by Tellakey

i saw alot of people saying in chat that he is going to be useless i just love that people just start shouting that for a frame that is wip and can change is useless and blah blah

so we have mind control mass cc explosions leaching health and Shields inate life steal passive finally have a use for the hunhow stuff to slap on him

so could i get a explanation that he is useless with out saying oh its just x frame 2.0   

My personal gripe is what they dont do much on their own and are in need to use others powers to get full affect this not only time consuming but energy expensive , I dont like

Edited by bad4youLT

I think I actually need to rewatch the stream, all I understood was "You mark the enemy, then you pass through them, then they're in their final affliction form and explode and heal you." Sounds like one step too many to make things actually work

Edited by DJ_Vauban

2 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

yeah, first thing I thought when I saw him... BBS: Boring, Bad, and Slow.

Well these things can change i think he looks cool with his concept and abilities  but im not going to try and argue people since with how chat reacted to something wip as useless or oh its x frame 2.0 de why dont you just rework x frame instead just already made me give up on talking about it in major discussion 

its making me starting to hate this community like i love me some salty people but god damn could some people ease up would you prefer getting nothing at all but just reworks of the same sh!t over and over again? (this question is not directed at you just to those people in general) 

1 minute ago, seprent said:

Well these things can change i think he looks cool with his concept and abilities  but im not going to try and argue people since with how chat reacted to something wip as useless or oh its x frame 2.0 de why dont you just rework x frame instead just already made me give up on talking about it in major discussion 

its making me starting to hate this community like i love me some salty people but god damn could some people ease up would you prefer getting nothing at all but just reworks of the same sh!t over and over again? (this question is not directed at you just to those people in general) 

Nice meta complaint dude, people don't like something that you like and they're immediately salty and you hate them. Cool mentality.

Just now, DJ_Vauban said:

I think I actually need to rewatch the stream, all I understood was "You mark the enemy, then you pass through them, then they're in their final affliction form and explode"

What i understood was 1 marks enemies seeming to that of a rad proc 2 gives you charges any instance of damage you take is negated and stuns the one who damaged you casting one on them while stunned this way is free 3 lets you pass though enemies marked enemies will start spreading their marks to other via fighting each other and becomes fully devote to following you around and fighting for you when they die they blow up 4 duration unlimited target mass sleep aoe 

So basically Vlad plays like this...Use his 1 and 2 to build up an army that can't be killed. Use his 3 to make then vulnerable and cause them to attack enemies and build a bigger zombie hoard, which explode on death.

So he's a sort of summoner frame?

Edited by EchoesOfRain

My guess is either "Revenant" cause they did mention that term a few times, or we can go full meme and go with "Alucard"

I'm actually hoping for something from the Greek mythos like "Thanatos" since this frame has a lot to do with death and Thanatos carried mortals to the underworld when they're time was up, and the sleep mechanic can be a nice call out to "Hypnos" the god of sleep, which is Thanatos' brother.

3 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

My personal gripe is what they dont do much on their own and are in need to use others powers to get full affect this not only time consuming but energy expensive , I dont like

My thoughts exactly, I'm kind of getting first rework Saryn vibes, and I was really not fond of her then. We'll see what happens though.