Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

Fauxlyst (Ff - Oh - list)

sorry I dunno if that's good or not, However I REALLY thing instead of "affliction" you guys should use "Enthrall" because thats mor accurate to what he's doing when he marks an Enemie, making them a Thrall....Or use En-Trance for stage one and Enthrall for stage two.

Hi D.E., I heard about the new Vampire Frame and thought hmmm this is going to be pretty bad ass, considering I am a huge fan and played for quite a while, White Wolf's Vampire The Masquerade. I was wondering did the developers ever research Vampire The Masquerade and the many Clans and their unique disciplines before starting the development of this Vampire Warframe? The Kindred have so many types of disciplines unique to their clans that you could use and change in a few ways that would make the new frame unique or maybe those disciplines are not copy righted at all and you could still use them but with a different name and different game mechanics. I see some of the basic disciplines you are using are Dominate and Presence which are pretty common to Kindred but there are far more unique Disciplines to use such as The Clan True Brujah's time manipulation discipline Temporis. The Clan Losombra's darkness manipulation discipline Obteneration. The Clan Tzimisce's virus discipline Vicissitude, which is flesh manipulation. I think using The Clan Malkavian's discipline Dementia(it causes a basic psychiatric breakdown of the individual or a group of people)could be humorous as well. You can still create a unique Kindred frame that's still loyal to Kindred Lore but not use the basic Kindred Disciplines such as the Old Clan Tzimisce that Vlad Dracul was a member of. I would never expect a Kindred frame as powerful as Cain, Antediluvians, or Methuselah Kindred so no worries there. Good luck on the development of your Kindred Warframe.

Hi D.E., I heard about the new Vampire Frame and thought hmmm this is going to be pretty bad ass, considering I am a huge fan and played for quite a while, White Wolf's Vampire The Masquerade. I was wondering did the developers ever research Vampire The Masquerade and the many Clans and their unique disciplines before starting the development of this Vampire Warframe? The Kindred have so many types of disciplines unique to their clans that you could use and change in a few ways that would make the new frame unique or maybe those disciplines are not copy righted at all and you could still use them but with a different name and different game mechanics. I see some of the basic disciplines you are using are Dominate and Presence which are pretty common to Kindred but there are far more unique Disciplines to use such as The Clan True Brujah's time manipulation discipline Temporis. The Clan Losombra's darkness manipulation discipline Obteneration. The Clan Tzimisce's virus discipline Vicissitude, which is flesh manipulation. I think using The Clan Malkavian's discipline Dementia(it causes a basic psychiatric breakdown of the individual or a group of people)could be humorous as well. You can still create a unique Kindred frame that's still loyal to Kindred Lore but not use the basic Kindred Disciplines such as the Old Clan Tzimisce that Vlad Dracul was a member of. I would never expect a Kindred frame as powerful as Cain, Antediluvians, or Methuselah Kindred so no worries there. Good luck on the development of your Kindred Warframe.

I know I went a bit in depth about this topic but the idea of a Kindred Warframe is cool and takes me back to my Gothic/Punk/Industrial Days of playing White Wolf's Vampire The Masquerade. Ah the days of playing your character weather on paper or LARP and watching the long term effects/psychological breakdown of your character as the Beast takes more and more control while you as your character either embraces it or does your best to resist it and retain as much of your humanity as possible while living in the World of Darkness. Damn I miss that game.

So my opinion of this frame are as such. It's weird and kinda contradictory so bear with me.

It all boils down to the looks. He looks amazing, but I don't think his looks fit AT ALL with a vampire theme.

I think I would have liked this frame a lot more if Reb had just gone all out on the eidolon theme by incorporating attacks such as the Stomp that sends everything flying back, the Gantulyst Pillars Of Light/Mobile Shield, the Hydrolyst Green Nuke orbs or the stuff he leaves on the ground, something with the vomvalyst spawner. Maybe even something that's along the lines of their magnetic wave.

But no...

Instead we got abilities that don't seem like they would be useful in most cases. (As your team is likely to kill anything that gets afflicted)

The contradictory part is I wouldn't mind this kit as much if it were just given to a Vampire looking warframe despite the abilities seeming boring (imo) either way.

19 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Here's what we've been shown during the latest Devstream:

• Eidolon/vampire theme 
  • Spreading affliction
  • Mind control
  • Mass slumber 
  • Health/energy leeching

Any ideas for a name? I'm gonna be unoriginal here and go for Tepes (pronounced te-pesh), as in Vlad Tepes, AKA Count Dracula. That or simply Drac or Dracul, Nosferatu, and of course, Edward.

Vladalyst. It's a name from Teralyst but keeping the "lyst" to fit the warframe as Eidolon/Sentient sequence. 

Wait... who tf is this new Warframe again?!? Devstream tells us a Warframes abilities, but they let us decide the names.......... how fkin' awesome is that!?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Sorry, let's get back on track and shoot the knowledge thru the tank. All these names would have to relate to an ancient myth of the real world or another Warframe lore so i'll stick with vampire names.... which all have meanings to them. (Look them up, lazies) If it's a chick, Hecate/Lilith/Pandora/Qarinah/Gorgon/Jezebeth/Prosperine. If it's a dude, Alaric/Abchanchu/Vlad/Alessandro/Draven/Malcolm/Nicholas/Orpheus. Google it, chumps.

Edited by Electriciternity

I don't know,.. I love his look, but we've sorta touched on the vampire theme with enough frames to have one more... Also his ability kit is going to be really frustrating as faster kill time frames just yoink every kill he's trying to set up. I'm starting to think maybe De made a mistake in removing the player's choice on the use of ability mods when we had the extra slots for them in year 1, rather than fixed powers inherit without them. It seems it would be better to have the flexibility with mods, rather than re-works to meet the ever changing kill time meta, so one can just adjust as the game issues new variables between other players, enemy scaling, and mission types. 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

M1czMXb.jpg 

They look like some vampire templars and he is just right frame for them...

and i think that his power 1 need 2 look like this:TCgzQkJ.gif and not like some sparkly ghoust

and his power 4 is better 2 have some cool whip that when you fight and hold attack 2 jump with bat wings and 2 look like this:E4z9wYt.gif and blind enemies or puts all enemies 2 sleep...

Edited by Vlada91

vor 14 Stunden schrieb -SDM-NerevarCM:

That would break the lore. One thing is to be adorned in Sentient bones and energy. Other thing is use Sentient powers that only Sentients can use, especially if the Tenno needs to use Void Energy to use Sentient Powers. And that doesn't make sense.

Rap tap tap

If they'd actually use enough void energy to really hurt or poison them, they'd go insane so that's that really.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Feels a bit strange to have an eidelon themed frame. Feels like some lore breaking somewhere around there, maybe it's just me but eh, Whatever! Moving on!

Since 'Vlad' is here to stay could we at least have him 'mimic' some of those Eidelon powers or actually give him some that make sense? Because right now he looks like a weird combo to me. I'd honestly give him new powers that actually fit the eidelon theme and keep the mist, sleep, affliction thing for an actual vampire frame. Because quite honestly, I don't see the link between his current powers and eidelons. What? It makes sense just because they come out at night? Really? I think there could be more done with that.

A few suggestions from the top of my head would be: teleportation, summoning smaller minions similar to vomvalysts that attack the enemies (NOT actual vomvalysts but something else), laser raining from the sky, becoming spectral similar to when vomvalysts die, scream ability that stuns/damages/afflicts enemies, summoning one of those sentient arm cannons as it's exalted weapon. 

Seriously now, so many other powers you could offer an 'Eidelon' themed frame and you gave him something that is not even remotely close to it's theme.

Please reconsider the vampire powers DE, this is coming from someone who actually loves vampires and would very much love to see an ACTUAL vampire/revenant frame, not this weird mash up that doesn't seem to know it's own identity given how disproportionate it's powers are with it's supposed 'theme'.

I rarely speak my mind out regarding these things but I felt the need to share my thoughts about this because of how much I like the idea of a vampire frame, so please reconsider this DE and give 'Vlad' some powers that actually fit his eidelon theme.

I’m personally not super impressed with his abilities. Looks cool as sh** though.

yknow, when they said “sentient themed” I was thinking adaptations on sentient abilities... like damage resistance or aoe damage attacks. RIP orbital laser frame 😞

Hi ^^

About Vlad,
At first sight, I liked it, his kit seems well thought out, and I even thought of small additions of details to his abilities.
Then I continued to read the reactions, analyze the situation, and by thinking about it, (all night and until now), it's true, there are several things that are wrong.
- His kit looks like Nyx's.
There are already warframes that have similar capabilities to others ( nezha/rhino ), but in this case it's far too obvious.
But it is the choice to integrate the notion of curse of the Eidolons that produces this. So it's acceptable, and to accept it more easily, you have to improve it.
- His kit does not highlight enough his theme of Sentient.
The Sentients are supposed to be powerful, to be feared, they scare the new players. But there, we have a warframe that does not make any direct damage, which is not terrifying, which only control the enemy and put them to sleep. '-'

So, I would like to suggest some changes in his kit.
He's wip, and we had a demonstration, so suggestions are welcome, right? ^^
I thought of these ideas by trying to respect the basic idea, and of course I invite everyone to suggest things. 😃

First, to control crowds, you need something much more impactful on the field, and less complicated than a ability in two steps.
Also note that the powers that have 2 modes of use according to whether the key is pressed or maintained are very appreciable, (hydroid, inaros) and this warframe, which must be powerful in view of its theme, should have.
So I suggest this...

His 1,
In simple use: a shot of energy, from his left arm.
> Single-target, and also affects the enemies to 1m of the target, useful in particular in case of 2 grineer who make their round together, it is seen often.
> Converts the enemy to our cause, directly aggressive and able to transmit his condition to others, including by remote attack. (affected by range)
(Or, the aggressive state does not come until after a certain time, or by reusing the skill, or by the 3)
if hold the key: a large projectile of energy, like a wave, which will go straight ahead.
> Affects up to 10 enemies. Useful when you meet an enemy pack in a hallway.

His 2.
I like the charges of invulnerability, and the synergy with the 1, but it seems not enough to me.
In simple use: Some charges of invulnerability, all the enemies who hit us, even at a distance, are stunned, unless they are too far away. (affected by range)
If hold the key: Same effect as simple use, but in addition, we can overload as does Harrow with his 3.
By consuming energy during this key hold, we wrap ourselves with a layer of energy, which will inflict damage to all the enemies who hit us, even at a distance, until our charges are consumed, obviously. The damage are determined by the amount of energy consumed.
(Or, the enemy who attacks us is directly converted)

His 3.
It would be better to have more mobility, like the wukong cloud, but differently.
In simple use, the ability as it has been presented.
With ability to cross security lasers, and to be in a state of invulnerability.
If hold the key: control of our trajectory, flight, and consumption of energy according to the distance traveled. It will accentuate its vampire aspect, and it will allow to pass on all our controlled enemies dispersed everywhere.

His 4.
The sleeping area is clearly not in its place in this warframe ..
On a 4, you need something impressive, and having the theme Sentient, we can only think of the laser. I would opt more for a massive deployment of energy.

In simple use: an animation to concentrates the energy in his arm, and releases it in spherical zone, which propagates, a little in the manner of the proc magnetic of the teralyst.
> damage according to the number of enemies under our control. This is the "build up" part
If hold the key: animation to concentrates the energy in his arm, that he releases in the form of a thick laser which it is used to wipe the zone turning on itself.
> damage according to controlled enemies
> All controlled enemies hit by this laser are automatically destroyed if they are more than 5 at launch, regardless of their remaining health, and they explode by converting normal enemies around them. At the same time a reset of the "build up", and we chain directly.

I think this kit offers more possibilities, more resourceful than the current kit.
More ways to approach groups of enemies.
- We prepare its 2 depending on whether we want to stun some enemies to convert them for free, or if we want to inflict damage to respond to their attack.
- The 1 remains more or less the same, and maintains it for launching in wide shot will be a choice to make, considering the additional energy consumption.
- The mobility offered by the 3 will give him a real .. charisma.
The similarity with wukong remains the least serious similarity between warframe, since we almost never see wukong and even less wukong that uses their cloud shape.
- The 4 is meant to be impressive and devastating, but requires having played the other abilities before to be truly effective, so the risk of spam 4 is discarded.

As for his passives, and the absorptions of health / shield / energy, everything is good in actual state I think. Its survivability is assured, and its energy management will be interesting to play.

As I said, I think a warframe on the theme Sentient must have powerful abilities. I think I respected his crowd control orientation, while adding the power of mass destruction he must have in view of its theme.

Sorry if there are mistakes in english, I'm french helped by google trad ^^

I have absolutely no idea if these ideas will be heard by DE, if they will be taken into consideration, if they will show the wish to see this warframe be impressive...
With that, I go back to help the new players on twitch, and I trust DE to make us a beautiful warframe that will meet our expectations and cause the least possible complaints xD
Bye ^^

Vlad is a sentient themed warframe. We already have our vampire in Inaros. And Vlad's abilities are just a copy of various previous frames. So my suggestion:

1. Make a lore quest like harrow and octavia (not khora plzzz) so it will have a different background separating it from the others

2. Give it all 4 new abilities which are sentient themed eg 25% damage resistance if that damage type hits your health(battalyst and conculyst) or armour regen for allies (vombalyst) or magnetic explosio (teralyst) or laser lightning (green huge teralyst)