The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

Just now, Pent_ said:

Nice meta complaint dude, people don't like something that you like and they're immediately salty and you hate them. Cool mentality.

*shrugs* just speaking my mind saying that it bothered me how would you feel if you spent all that time making something to only then see hundreds of people say its useless and you should have done something else with your time? wouldn't you be a little bit annoyed? 

1 minute ago, seprent said:

What i understood was 1 marks enemies seeming to that of a rad proc 2 gives you charges any instance of damage you take is negated and stuns the one who damaged you casting one on them while stunned this way is free 3 lets you pass though enemies marked enemies will start spreading their marks to other via fighting each other and becomes fully devote to following you around and fighting for you when they die they blow up 4 duration unlimited target mass sleep aoe 

Oh yeah the sleep thing, well that thing worries me a little, if only melee attacks with put them to sleep (unless I heard it wrong or missed something) it's gonna be pretty useless against Grineer and Corpus unless being close to enemies itself puts them to sleep?

Just now, DJ_Vauban said:

Oh yeah the sleep thing, well that thing worries me a little, if only melee attacks with put them to sleep (unless I heard it wrong or missed something) it's gonna be pretty useless against Grineer and Corpus unless being close to enemies itself puts them to sleep?

The sleep seemed to be aoe cast and they all drop to the floor like a sack of bricks

5 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

My guess is either "Revenant" cause they did mention that term a few times, or we can go full meme and go with "Alucard"

I'm actually hoping for something from the Greek mythos like "Thanatos" since this frame has a lot to do with death and Thanatos carried mortals to the underworld when they're time was up, and the sleep mechanic can be a nice call out to "Hypnos" the god of sleep, which is Thanatos' brother.

Hypnos sounds fitting. With the mind control and sleep. Almost jackpot. 

3 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

plus, they havent decided if they're going to have a quest for him...or any lore for that matter. i rly think an "eidolon/sentient" frame needs some lore around it....

Yes, it's definitely interesting because we now have our second outside faction themed warframe (and one that I thought would never happen). Though, this year has been incredibly slow for the game. Releasing content is a good thing and this year could really use more of that.

But postponing content to build a very small bit of content around that content - even though it's finished - does not sound appealing at all. I'd be very accepting if they just finished him and threw him into the Tenno Lab.

5 minutes ago, seprent said:

The sleep seemed to be aoe cast and they all drop to the floor like a sack of bricks

Oh derp, actually, I meant the...what was it...second power? the one that made enemies unconcious and gives you a free mark basically? I meant that one

3 hours ago, Pent_ said:

If DE didn't want feedback, why unveil him at all lmao. This "you can't criticize DE because of so and so" mentality has got to stop.

They gave a rough explanation on what the abilities will entail. I don't see how you can criticize an unfinished product especially when you don't know the exact workings and interactions it will have in the game hence WIP - which means that it will be changed down the line. It's like criticizing an alpha while knowing the guidelines they are trying to follow. 

And DE always showcase the new frame before they show off the abilities. Of course there are exceptions

Edited by ShadowExodus

1 minute ago, DJ_Vauban said:

Oh derp, actually, I meant the...what was it...second power? the one that made enemies unconcious and gives you a free mark basically? I meant that one

Pretty sure they said "If an enemy attacks you", counting gunfire as well. Though I worry that the ability might not have enough stacks with the amount of fire you might be taking at once

sentient pact i think it was called it was a charge (aka cast and it gets x amount of charges) based ability that when you would take damage its negated and the thing that damaged you is stunned it could work on ranged units we will have to wait and see

5 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Yes, it's definitely interesting because we now have our second outside faction themed warframe (and one that I thought would never happen). Though, this year has been incredibly slow for the game. Releasing content is a good thing and this year could really use more of that.

But postponing content to build a very small bit of content around that content - even though it's finished - does not sound appealing at all. I'd be very accepting if they just finished him and threw him into the Tenno Lab.

*inside my head* Hunhow: *rambling about something lore wise and how he is unbeatable or something* Us: *Stealing his fragments and parts from the plains building a war-frame out of them akin to rolling up a news paper to smack him to make him shut up* 

1 minute ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Pretty sure they said "If an enemy attacks you", counting gunfire as well. Though I worry that the ability might not have enough stacks with the amount of fire you might be taking at once

I totally missed the stack thing lol. I have the dumb feeling we'll start off with too low stacks, which then get buffed in a hotfix, which then get nerfed again because it's too many stacks, and then it'll be changed into x amount of time instead.

I totally missed the stack thing lol. I have the dumb feeling we'll start off with too low stacks, which then get buffed in a hotfix, which then get nerfed again because it's too many stacks, and then it'll be changed into x amount of time instead.

well he was unmodded so maybe a mod stat effects the number of stacks you get maybe power strength or duration idk 

3 hours ago, seprent said:

*inside my head* Hunhow: *rambling about something lore wise and how he is unbeatable or something* Us: *Stealing his fragments and parts from the plains building a war-frame out of them akin to rolling up a news paper to smack him to make him shut up* 

Essentially what this warframe is is Quan Chi's fatality where he rips your own leg off and beats you to death with it.

Just now, seprent said:

well he was unmodded so maybe a mod stat effects the number of stacks you get maybe power strength or duration idk 

Did they confirm that he was unmodded? If so, that eases some of my worries. His first ability would have a base of around 45 seconds for one target, which would help with building a large army before unleashing them upon enemies.

While I agree that it is a bit early to give feedback on a not yet released Warframe, this post concerns not only Vlad. It's much rather about the design philosophy behind it. There's absolutely no niche for marking abilities that require living enemies and don't immediately go bonkers (such as spores).

Khora is another example for this issue: DE is introducing Warframes that are completely obsolete in the plains, at eidolon hunt and in sanctuary onslaught due to their design.

Vlads set seems to be based around marking and cursing enemies, not only taking way too long to do so (in his WIP state) but also not really adding anything by doing so. It's a mechanic that is of no importance in a gmae where you:

1. Have to kill large numbers of enemies quickly and eficiently

2. Have to kill off enemies to proceed (defense, expterminate, onslaught)

3. Have to deal extreme amounts of damage on a single target (eidolons, bosses)

4. Have to protect your team with a high damage resistance, heal or complete invincibility (Harrow, trin, oberon, chroma)

5. Have to defend a perimeter (All def missions)

6. Have to be stealthy (Spy or rescue)

A frame that needs to set up single enemies without an immediate reward that justifies its casting time doesn't have that much of a bright future. Right now Warframes gameplay is too fast and we have too many ways of disposing of a large amount of enemies even with guns-only.

Vlad won't be able to damage eidolons or help an eidolon team, he won't be able to quickly kill enemies in the sanctuary and he also won't give nearly as much CC or mind control as nyx, he won't even be able to kill enemies on a dropship on the plains. Khora's strangledome needs you to actually lure/pull (another too slow marking skill) enemies in, inaros' devour marking is too slow, there's a lot of other examples for this kind of set-up requirement.

An example of well-executed setup would be Nidus for me. While not being able to hit aerial targets or up ledges with his first ability, the second ability offers the possibility to balance out for this lack of flexibility. While not a great single-target damage dealer you can still play survival for several hours, be perma-invincible or simply provide incredibly fast CC and support heal.

Edited by NovusNova
Edited Title