Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

I think having them drop from the eidolons is fine, as long as they not a low drop, as anything else you're not locked into certain time frames for them. I think it should go like this: each of the 3 can give a certain part, but if none of them drop one, you get a single one at random guaranteed at the end of the run like any other boss. It still leaves time as a factor but not punishingly so. Then since that would be a little too easy, have the sentient gems, eidolon cores and shards all be required to build him.

pretty much what Ive been saying the entire time since yesterday. We dont need a frame who life steals. We got enough frames who can provide health. Eidolon frame works really well by itself. As for abilities. Im liking your ideas for his 1st ability. As for his rest of his kit. I would have to look at all the eidolon abilities before writing down my thoughts. My thoughts of his 4th would be similar to Starfall. Thats where the Eidolon shoots a beam up into the air and all destructive beams falls down. 

Cool ideas ! I like it. But why not change the 2nd skill to the 4th skill. That skills seems better CC than that orbs skill. When the waves homes in, it pulls enemies to Vlad.

4th skills sounds like Nova's Antimatter Orb, but with aggro and more orbs.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

pretty much what Ive been saying the entire time since yesterday. We dont need a frame who life steals. We got enough frames who can provide health. Eidolon frame works really well by itself. As for abilities. Im liking your ideas for his 1st ability. As for his rest of his kit. I would have to look at all the eidolon abilities before writing down my thoughts. My thoughts of his 4th would be similar to Starfall. Thats where the Eidolon shoots a beam up into the air and all destructive beams falls down. 

I was thinking that too for the 4th, but I thought it was a little too similar to mirages 4th, just stationary. Although it would be cool, and much more powerful.

25 minutes ago, .LeiA._ said:

Cool ideas ! I like it. But why not change the 2nd skill to the 4th skill. That skills seems better CC than that orbs skill. When the waves homes in, it pulls enemies to Vlad.

4th skills sounds like Nova's Antimatter Orb, but with aggro and more orbs.

I suppose, the main differences are that it doesn't move and doesn't require enemies or allies to shoot it to power it up. I got the idea from the hydrolist ability, but I think the raining lasers is probably a better idea.

12 hours ago, Screamlord_Star said:

i doubt they'd add an entirely new resource for the sole purpose of crafting 1 warframe, but being a quill reward sounds plausible, and also not that insane given that most players who've actually gone eidolon/tridolon hunting probably still have a mountain of cores they're sitting on

Which is why they probably won't add it from Quills. Lots of people would instantly get him without paying nor farming, no gains for DE in any form of investment. A large portion of playerbase does Eidolons daily, it's not like it's a super rare thing that only a minority part did like raids.

D.E. has 3 great sources to create this frame from, Bram Stoker, Anne Rice, and Vampire The Masquerade. I thought of a Kindred frame when I first started but realized a lot of the frames already had similar powers to a great deal of the 13 Kindred Clans. I suggest a few choices D.E. could decide on Clan Lasombra and their Obteneration Discipline which is The Manipulation of the Dark. Clan True Brujah and their Temporis which is manipulation of time. Assamites and their paths of blood magic(b/c screw the Tremere). The Tzimisce and their discipline Vicissitude which if flesh crafting of the self and others. The Clan Malkavian and their discipline Dementia which causes various ways for a Kindred or Kine to have severe Psychological break downs. I would suggest Clan Gangrel's Discipline Protean which is changing of shape but the Kindred Warframe Kit already has Mist. Or The Salubri Warrior Class's Discipline Valeren is the mystical Discipline of the Salubri. At its most basic, Valeren provides control over pain and increased martial ability, seemingly allowing warriors to draw on the power of heaven to vanquish their foes...So there is a vast amount of Vampire disciplines that D.E. can incorporate into their Kindred frame.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I just hope that they dont give him lasers because he is not kiklop from x-men... its like some kid when try to bee creative: give him some lasers and some explosives 😂 If he is a Vampire and not some sparkly ghost with lasers,then he need something more unique... comon DE think 😛

meh the ability are bad, or too weak compare to other frame who can do the job better, or reworked and simply op able to controll all the field with no problem, plus on defend mission easy to troll with him, bad idea like with octavia, nidus and titania.

Also if he's "sentient type", why does he control minds?

This frame could atleast spawn Eidolon Vomvalysts or other sentient creatures, like Battalysts,

you guys know...sentient powers...

I don't want another "Nyx" in this game, we have augmented Loki and Nyx, I wish this frame could get sentient powers.

Edited by 6Sanity9x

My thought? This thread is going to be moved to the megathread.

My other thought is, "Is Vlad's mist form just going to be a better Cloudwalker?"

Followed immediately by, " DE are looking at Vauban/Titania next!? What gives?"

Edited by DeMonkey

I feel that he should get some powers that 'mimic' the eidelons/sentients. The power kit he has right now just doesn't feel like it suits him at all, given his 'eidelon' theme.

He should have things like the star fall ability, the teleportation, the incorporeal ability that vomvalysts have when they die, a scream ability that sounds similar to the eidelon one, a stomp ability, a shield passive that explodes and deals damage once his shields reached zero, hells what about that sentient arm cannon they showed years ago? Why not give him one of those as an exalted weapon?

So much potential to be had with his theme and we see it squandered on a quasi-vampire power kit that doesn't fit his him at all.

If DE name him Vladis,Vlados,Vladiosa or just something similar you still are going to complain why he have that name why simple is not just Vlad. After all its just a name like Ash and Nyx.... move on people... Vlad is original first vampire and you give him something else he is not going to bee more special and unique... is going to bee more like some random vampire... But with name Vlad the dark lord is more badass because he is 1 and only.

21 minutes ago, Elanair said:

I feel that he should get some powers that 'mimic' the eidelons/sentients. The power kit he has right now just doesn't feel like it suits him at all, given his 'eidelon' theme.

He should have things like the star fall ability, the teleportation, the incorporeal ability that vomvalysts have when they die, a scream ability that sounds similar to the eidelon one, a stomp ability, a shield passive that explodes and deals damage once his shields reached zero, hells what about that sentient arm cannon they showed years ago? Why not give him one of those as an exalted weapon?

So much potential to be had with his theme and we see it squandered on a quasi-vampire power kit that doesn't fit his him at all.

The problem is the theme that DE is putting to him, Sentients aren't vampires, Infested is more related to vampirism, Sentients are supposed to be tankers and fighting war machines related with War (not the weapon ofc), not blood sucking and mind control entities, like Trinity (1st abillity) and Nyx.

Edited by 6Sanity9x

New revenant themed frame seems interesting, its design looks good with all the energy flowing out of it and what was shown of the powers is interesting and thematically sound.

Only sour note, it seems a Nyx 2.0 or a Nix Evolved. Considering that Nix herself needs an update as her kit feels antiquated compared to recent frames, seing a new frame that apparently has a very similar role before nyx is reviewed gives me mixed feelings.

There was any information on its intended passive and/or alternative helmet?