The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

Honestly, each time a new frame comes out I feel like the old ones stand out more and more. They get the job done without any prolonged kerfuffle and each power holds its own space. The newer frames however, seem to just focus a lot on “synergy” and working the powers together.

I really do miss the days when frames were made with abilities that stood on their own and naturally complicated each-other, rather than the new forced synergy DE seem to like.

Not to mention the new frame is really goddamn ugly. The helmets being the worst part. The first one looks like a giant earplug.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

As things are right now, I think I'll be contempt with just a few small changes. Recasting 1 on a mindless target will cause final affliction on them. Holding 1 will cast final affliction on all mindless targets. Make 1 a 1-handed cast.

Right now I fear he' getting too far into the forced synergy with 1 and 3. Having 3 cause final affliction is nice, but that shouldn' be the only way to do so

35 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

I'm actually hoping for something from the Greek mythos like "Thanatos" since this frame has a lot to do with death and Thanatos carried mortals to the underworld when they're time was up, and the sleep mechanic can be a nice call out to "Hypnos" the god of sleep, which is Thanatos' brother.

Except that Nekros is the death frame.

29 minutes ago, ZaifSenpai said:

"Khoon"

means blood in Hindi/Urdu/Persian etc

They do tend to choose Indian/Persian influences for a lot of names, but I can almost guarantee they won't pick that name due to the English homophones.

19 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

Not really, nyx can immediately mind-control all enemies around it

no that is not what chaos does, what that ability does allow enemies to damage and aggro each other, and give preferential targeting of a chaos-ed enemy to hurt an enemy rather than the frame. This means that the enemies can still hit nyx and your team. What the new frame does is that, after he has marked a crowd, and those marked targets, fight for you, and dont damage you or your team, and allows you to turn marked targets into bombs on death. So yes, Nyx is even more obsolete than before compared to him

21 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

You are complaining about a frame after the literal first look we've ever had? Are you serious? You've seen a minute, maybe two of the frame in motion, and heard vague descriptions of it's abilities and you are already set to declare it useless?? JFC.

First, not every frame has to be to your liking. Other people might enjoy it.

Second, there are others ways to play the game, at least one which doesn't necessitate killing any enemies, much less hordes of them.

Third, how many times was Khora changed after she was released?

How about if you have a cup of tea and wait for the frame to actually be done before you decide if it's good or not?

How is this a complaint thread? The OP saw the WIP gameplay of Vlad and provided feedback as to what believe could be a potential issue with the frame's current design (and the game as a whole) for the DEvs to  consider when fine-tuning them for their actual release (and potentially minimizing reworks/hotfixes), all without being needlessly vitriol towards them.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Worst thing about Vlad is if teammates cannot kill inflicted enemies

If the above is true, next annoyance is that inflicted enemies become as annoying as Nekros clones that are hard to tell apart

Third annoyance is the 'radiation' confusion proc where enemies will attack each other 50m away, when you want them to come to you so you can kill them faster

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

No. I literally mean his entire power kit feels nothing like a Sentient. 

steve wants to make the powers feel more eidolony as what reb said on twitter so its kit may feel more sentient once final

37 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

DE is introducing Warframes that are completely obsolete in the plains, at eidolon hunt and in sanctuary onslaught due to their design.

Vlads set seems to be based around marking and cursing enemies, not only taking way too long to do so (in his WIP state) but also not really adding anything by doing so. It's a mechanic that is of no importance in a gmae where you:

Vlad won't be able to damage eidolons or help an eidolon team, he won't be able to quickly kill enemies in the sanctuary and he also won't give nearly as much CC or mind control as nyx, he won't even be able to kill enemies on a dropship on the plains. 

A frame that needs to set up single enemies without an immediate reward that justifies its casting time doesn't have that much of a bright future. 

An example of well-executed setup would be Nidus for me. 

So here  you go--these are his complaints about a frame that he has had a minute or two exposure to. The frame he praises (Nidus) doesn't perform the very things he's complaining about Vlad not doing, and his final criteria for a good frame, "play survival for several hours, be perma-invincible or simply provide incredibly fast CC and support heal" are ridiculous. 

I wasn't directing vitriol at him, but at the fact that he was declaring the frame useless before it even existed, based on nonsense criteria that were not even consistent. His post amounts to "this frame isn't more overpowered than what he already have, so it's worthless". That's more than a little ridiculous based on what we've seen.

Edited by NullSaint

40 minutes ago, seprent said:

*inside my head* Hunhow: *rambling about something lore wise and how he is unbeatable or something* Us: *Stealing his fragments and parts from the plains building a war-frame out of them akin to rolling up a news paper to smack him to make him shut up* 

"You would trust this Orokin, who would craft weapons from our bones?"
Hunhow, Second Dream

4 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

So here  you go--these are his complaints about a frame that he has had a minute or two exposure to. The frame he praises (Nidus) doesn't perform the very things he's complaining about Vlad not doing, and his final criteria for a good frame, "play survival for several hours, be perma-invincible or simply provide incredibly fast CC and support heal" are ridiculous. 

I wasn't directing vitriol at him, but at the fact that he was declaring the frame useless before it even existed, based on nonsense criteria that were no even consistent. His post amounts to "this frame isn't more overpowered than what he already have, so it's worthless. That's more than a little ridiculous based on what we've seen.

yea, none of his points make sense, and the fact that for eidolons anyways were at the point where you just need a good weapon and you can solo tridolon very easily.

Edited by KubrowTamer

25 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Makes sense, I was just a bit surprised it ended up becoming a thing.

Same. I mean I expected it to be a thing at some point when we know more about Sentients, sort of at the time we go to their outpost, but hey. I just hope we'll get some more lore with him. Even Khora got something in the form of the research entries. I'm curious about how Sentients were actually made, because what we suspect of them and what's shown to us doesn't really make sense. Why are the soldiers' cores maxing out our energy and health? Why do the cores look like Void energy? Why do the solider units use attacks mirroring warframe abilities? Why can Banshee's Silence suppress them like other warframe abilities?

Steeeeeve

1 hour ago, Synpai said:

The abilities (I know they're WIP, but here's my feedback) take toooooo much time to set up. You look at frames like Harrow, Valkyr, Nidus (stacking) etc that have to compete with teammates to keep up or gain buffs.

This pseudo cooperative design seems to increase as time goes on:

How many enemies can Vlad (or ash for that matter) mark in the time it takes an ally to outright kill a horde? 

I'm just looking for things like:

Nidus getting fraction of stacks if allies kill enemies affected by Larvae

Valkyr getting a fraction of duration increase for Eternal War if allies are affected and kill with a melee.

Harrow's allies getting kills in range triggering a fractioned version of thurible.

I.e: Something is better than nothing.

I think if you can go over each of his abilities one by one and explain how they don't work with the other frames, it would be more helpful.

21 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

1. You are complaining about a frame after the literal first look we've ever had? Are you serious? You've seen a minute, maybe two of the frame in motion, and heard vague descriptions of it's abilities and you are already set to declare it useless?? JFC.

2. First, not every frame has to be to your liking. Other people might enjoy it.

3. Second, there are others ways to play the game, at least one which doesn't necessitate killing any enemies, much less hordes of them.

4. Third, how many times was Khora changed after she was released?

5. How about if you have a cup of tea and wait for the frame to actually be done before you decide if it's good or not?

1. Yes we are, because what we have seen is insufficient to what the game IS NOW. Could they introduce content that that frame does well in, sure, but there is nothing he would fit into as an option or meta pick NOW.

2. no not every frame has to appeal to everyone, but the frame has to work, it has to DO something in order for people to WANT to use the new frame for other than anything other than novelty. Novelty wears off fast, and it is more profitable to make the frame something people want to buy instead of farm.

3. KILLING ENEMIES IS THE META. Many game modes are driven by the act of killing enemies, if you are not killing enemies, your not being a benefit to your squad. A dead enemy is better than a cc'd enemy, because a dead enemy cannot have a chance of hitting you back. CC wears off, death does not. Warframe is a HOARD SHOOTER, if your not killing enemies and being fast at that, you in the wrong mode/game.

4. She changed many times, and she still has no place. She doesn't DO anything that another frame either cannot do better, or simply AOE clear cannot do better. Shes Meh.

5. If what we see is @#$%, well guess what, were gonna call it that, because no one likes to handle @#$%.

1 minute ago, NullSaint said:

I think if you can go over each of his abilities one by one and explain how they don't work with the other frames, it would be more helpful.

His point is that frames that are supposed to be teamwork-oriented actually make you work against your teammates and try to get more kills than them instead of going through together. For example, Harrow's thurible requires you to get the kills to restore energy. This becomes difficult with many nuke frames such as Equinox on the team, so you have to split away from the other people in the team to get the kills necessary for the ability to work.