Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Move warframe to another driver

Kurokoro1012

Question

6 answers to this question

no as that is the recovery drive location an shouldn't have a game installed into there.
if your wanting to move the warframe into a better thing should just use a external hard drive to run the game as would put less load onto the computer an be a mobile option to play when your visiting a friend ;D an want to get them hooked on the game

Yes. Create a folder called Warframe on D: and then locate Warframe.x64.exe in the current Warframe folder which should be in a path like \Warfrme\Downloaded\Public\. Copy the Downloaded folder to D:\Warframe\. Now run the installer and point it to D:\Warframe\ and it will see it doesn't need to download the client (it may download some launcher stuff, can't remember now).

I've used this method to move installs between different machines a few times.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

no as that is the recovery drive location an shouldn't have a game installed into there.
if your wanting to move the warframe into a better thing should just use a external hard drive to run the game as would put less load onto the computer an be a mobile option to play when your visiting a friend ;D an want to get them hooked on the game

So I can move it to like a USB? And play it there?

2 hours ago, Kurokoro1012 said:

Hey guys can I move warframe and all its files from (C:) to (D:) ? And if so, How?

You can use a linker if you really feel the need to not install again.

The easy option is to uninstall Warframe as others have said, then change the installation directory - either through steam, or the install wizard for standalone, when installing.

If you can't/won't uninstall, then you can use something like "Link Shell Extension". You cut and paste Warframe from one drive to another, then link the folder to its original install location so windows can still find it.

A word of warning if you use a linker though... don't goof around with it or RIP you.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

Drive lettering is kinda redundant. C is usually default, after that it depends on how the drive was installed. D on my system is my Blu-ray drive. A backup drive could just as easily be Z drive. D tends to be pre-chosen by OEM's based on the proximity to C...

Additionally, it's not recommended to install to a external drive. They don't perform to the same spec as internal drives, best case is you have quite long load times, worst case is the game stutters.

Edited by MillbrookWest