Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we trust the Lotus?

tprx

After all, she's a sentient.

Case in point: I prepared for an invasion mission: mobile defense. I take my trusted Frost and a good shotgun, and up! I go. But alas! I find myself in a survival mission! No warning from the Lotus! She set me up to be canon fodder! Still, I dragged myself trough countless waves of Infested to get my sorry arse to extraction. And all the while the Lotus is nagging me about spores in the air... As if I didn't know...

Well, that's my story about the time the Lotus betraying my trust. Please post your stories in this thread, so we can share scar stories :)

6 минут назад, tprx сказал:

After all, she's a sentient.

Case in point: I prepared for an invasion mission: mobile defense. I take my trusted Frost and a good shotgun, and up! I go. But alas! I find myself in a survival mission! No warning from the Lotus! She set me up to be canon fodder! Still, I dragged myself trough countless waves of Infested to get my sorry arse to extraction. And all the while the Lotus is nagging me about spores in the air... As if I didn't know...

Well, that's my story about the time the Lotus betraying my trust. Please post your stories in this thread, so we can share scar stories 🙂

go further in story. she not entirely sentient 

Spoiler

She DID started out as a Sentient, and was sent by Hunhow to defeat the Orokin and their minions (us). That she changed to do her mission is another matter... After all, you can take the Tenno out of the Warframe, but you can't take the Warframe out of the Tenno! Same might apply to Sentients... And she did get corrupted by Hunhow's mind probe 😉

Personaly, i think we can trust her as much as there will be threads about ''How long is the chat suspension'' and ''Excaliber Prime sould come back'' threads. I say its safe to say that we can trust her 😄

In all seriousness, from my viewpoint, she have always been elusive even when confronted. So far she has done what she think was best for the Tenno, altough, perhaps not always the best. But as Kaotyke said, we have to wait for The Sacrifice and see how it turns out.

Should we as players trust her: No.

Do our ingame tenno trust her: Yes. To our Tenno she is their mom.  This doesn't mean the Lotus couldn't betray our Tenno but she has been proven to have used us many times.

The more interesting question is where the story would go if the Lotus turned on us fully?

Let's put it like this, shall we?

Natah/Second Dream Spoiler:

Spoiler

If she wanted you dead, like Hunhow did and does, she could've:

A. Done it after the Orokin died and she had full access to the Tenno.

B. Done it ANY TIME in the hundreds of years the Tenno were in their Cryopods on Lua where she HID the MOON from everyone except herself.

C. Left Stalker and Hunhow to kill you in your own ship rather than intervene when the sword breaks.

D. Any of the starting missions she's guiding you including getting rid of Vor's parasite where she could've just handed you over to him and called it a day.

E. Any of the times you get captured by Zanuka she could just as easily leave your shackles intact and no one else knows where you are, but that aids the Corpus.

A long con going decades to off the Tenno when she could just as easily cut contact with them in the middle of a mission, override/overload Ordis to leave you stranded and no one would be wiser to it until everyone was gone is a highly inefficient plan for someone as calculating as the sentients.

Edited by (PS4)Foxkid_8

5 hours ago, tprx said:

Well, that's my story about the time the Lotus betraying my trust. Please post your stories in this thread, so we can share scar stories

Lotus: Now I shall change Capture mission into Exterminate mission. I have successfully trolled you into wasting more time. wahahaa

4 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

10) Lotus is evil

Wow. I got the Bingo Card ah. That person really needs a real life job.

btw never said Lotus was evil, so you lose.

I guess the buddy system is stronger than the anti-bully system. Why else would the mod not ban you from the forum? Oh nice, now I'm going to be banned...

Edited by tprx

8 hours ago, Androndas said:

Should we as players trust her: No.

Do our ingame tenno trust her: Yes. To our Tenno she is their mom.  This doesn't mean the Lotus couldn't betray our Tenno but she has been proven to have used us many times.

The more interesting question is where the story would go if the Lotus turned on us fully?

A Tigris Prime shell with her name on it straight in her face. That's how it'd end.