Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we trust the Lotus?

tprx

13 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

And i think we can trust her, i mean she could kill us instead of betray Hunhow but she did'nt

We can trust her in the sense that she cares for our well being.

But she has at least demonstrated that's as far as that trust should go, and that her good intentions create avoidable danger. She withheld truth of our past from us because she thought she was protecting us, and those truths are what saved us from the Queens when Teshin pulled back the veil.

She made a similar mistake when she accidentally revealed the Operator's location to Hunhow, an action that resulted from otherwise good intentions of hunting down and getting a step ahead of Hunhow. The fact that Hunhow returned at all caught her off guard and is arguably because she failed to keep track of Tyl Regor's activity.

I think she is far from evil, but she seems to have a knack for hiding the embers of the old war and expecting they'll never ignite into a fire once more.

Edited by Beartornado

15 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

Wow but today is my birthday or what ?

10) Lotus is evil :

18060304365511333.png

And i think we can trust her, i mean she could kill us instead of betray Hunhow but she did'nt

The fact you didn't cross out the free space angers me

4 hours ago, Beartornado said:

We can trust her in the sense that she cares for our well being.

Her reproductive capabilities were shot when she journeyed from the Tau system back to the Sol system and she became really depressed and broody. That is literally the only reason the Tenno still live. The Lotus is a good example of a narcissistic parent. She selfishly spared the Zariman children so they could make her feel like a mother, not because she genuinely cares about them.

She's shown that behaviour multiple times. She doesn't tell us about our past, she gets really tetchy when someone else starts giving us commands (i.e; Teshin) and she generally doesn't seem to want the Tenno having much independence at all. It's all about control.

I have never trusted the Lotus due to her being so mysterious, but the more we've learned about her over the years has just bolstered that distrust. With the way the story is going, I honestly hope we either get a leader who trusts us to make our own decisions or we just go out on our own.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

anyone else remember the original Tyl Regor assassinate mission lotus dialogue?

she mentions that Tyl Regor is working to undo the genetic damage caused by cloning, but it was the genetic damage that caused their aggression...

Lotus wasn't tolerating the grineer losing the very thing that made them aggressive, the very thing that gave us an excuse to butcher them... was the lotus racist?

4 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

but it was the genetic damage that caused their aggression...

Being non-aggressive and not loyal to the Twin Queens are considered genetic defects, not the other way around. That's why Steel Meridian consists of Grineer who refuse to show hate to anyone and everything that isn't Grineer and don't bow to the Queens. Tyl Regor was just trying to reverse the short lifespan and physical weakness of the clones.

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Being non-aggressive and not loyal to the Twin Queens are considered genetic defects, not the other way around. That's why Steel Meridian consists of Grineer who refuse to show hate to anyone and everything that isn't Grineer and don't bow to the Queens. Tyl Regor was just trying to reverse the short lifespan and physical weakness of the clones.

nah im talking waaaay back in the day when Tyl Regor was just a blue lancer with an upside-down face mask swinging a skana

56 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

It was still the same back then.

Video:

Spoiler

at the start of the mission lotus says: "Grineer researcher Tyl Regor has made significant strides in gene repair. This could reverse centuries of deterioration suffered by his people as a result of cloning. Eliminate Regor and put a stop to his work

As for the connecting of the genetic degredation to aggression, im a bit stumped when it comes to finding it.
It was DEFINITELY mentioned, but i cant remember the exact in-game source though im pretty sure lotus said it as she was the only one with any non-gibberish dialogue back then (barring the classics like "go to formation bravo" or "stay close to the walls")

Unfortunately the only things that i can find that corroborate this are some old archived forum posts such as this one: 

as well as a quote from the tenno themselves in the current game: The Grineer deteriorate over time... is that what makes them violent?

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel

17 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

This could reverse centuries of deterioration suffered by his people as a result of cloning.

Yea, it sounds like we're the bad guys when it's taken out of context like that. But to anyone who has played the game we know his people are the Grineer. Xenophobic homicidal clones, created solely to serve the Twin Queens who aren't exactly nice themselves. He's simply trying to make the Grineer less genetically unstable and physically stronger. Nothing about Tyl Regor suggests he wants the Grineer to start being civilised and open to other factions.

17 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

The Grineer deteriorate over time... is that what makes them violent?

And we know for a fact that is not true, as there are friendly rebel Grineer in Steel Meridian. They went through the same cloning procedure the others did and they are not violent. That faction is also led by Cressa Tal who is reffered to as a "battle-hardened Grineer deserter" meaning that she has been around long enough to have seen a lot of skirmishes. She isn't violent. Besides, that is merely the Operator questioning aloud, not expressing a fact.

Again, Grineer who are not violent and/or not loyal to the Grineer cause are actively labelled as defective.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

48 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

And we know for a fact that is not true, as there are friendly rebel Grineer in Steel Meridian. They went through the same cloning procedure the others did and they are not violent. That faction is also led by Cressa Tal who is reffered to as a "battle-hardened Grineer deserter" meaning that she has been around long enough to have seen a lot of skirmishes. She isn't violent. Besides, that is merely the Operator questioning aloud, not expressing a fact.

Again, Grineer who are not violent and/or not loyal to the Grineer cause are actively labelled as defective.

true, but back then (the whole point of my "anyone else remember" comment) the steel meridian didnt exist, the queens hadn't been mentioned yet.

there WAS a line back in the day that directly attributed the grineer's violent streak with their genetic deterioration.

13 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

How can we not trust Lotus, who else is going to inform-nag me that "it's the Grineer". I GET IT MOM, IT'S THE GRINEER, IT'S ALWAYS THE GRINEER, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE HERE, OK?!

I know right?!Who else better than the sentient war machine with mom complex.But how about our bff aka "The Man in the wall". :D