Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You cannot defy your creator (the sacrifice hype website)

DJ_Vauban

32 minutes ago, Screamlord_Star said:

can't tell if this has been pointed out by anyone in the thread because im too lazy to read through 12 pages but there's an interesting detail in the teaser page's filename designations

n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/images/sacrifice/teaser/vid/Vitruvian_Ballas.mp4

n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/images/sacrifice/teaser/CherryTree_Vitruvian_Flowers.png

Vitruvian, like the Vitruvian Man... Flower as in Lotus?

Yeah someone has brought that up. But still good job digging and finding them regardless.
Also there was this GEM posted earlier:

21 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

Fixed for you:

2zhmg0g.png

3 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Ballas is clearly our father and tenno is born from him and Lotus. I hope we are given the choice between our mom and dad. We all know who we all gonna pick. Hint : not lotus.

Unfortunately I don’t think thats going to be the case. Ballas is more than likely just going to be another villian we scratch off the face of the Solar System. We get Lotus back and the status quo is restored. 

I fully expect the morality system to be playing a negligible role at best, like maybe giving you one unique piece of dialogue for your alignment but thats it. Everything else will just be linear.

3 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

CherryTree_Vitruvian_Flowers.png

The Vitruvian Flower is also known as Flower of Life.

The Seed of Life is a simplified form of the Flower of Life.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sh**, that's pretty good

26 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

The Vitruvian Flower is also known as Flower of Life.

The Seed of Life is a simplified form of the Flower of Life.

d31851eb126302e3a3c8b4ed70ec352a.jpg

Warframe1726.jpg

Pretty neat find, I presume you found it on the moon? cuz who knows, maybe there are more obscure references to find.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Unfortunately I don’t think thats going to be the case. Ballas is more than likely just going to be another villian we scratch off the face of the Solar System. We get Lotus back and the status quo is restored. 

I fully expect the morality system to be playing a negligible role at best, like maybe giving you one unique piece of dialogue for your alignment but thats it. Everything else will just be linear.

After TWW, I asked Steve on Twitter to make the morality system mean something, and that they should've have made it mean something when they added it, and not wait until after to do that. For that, he muted me. I think he thought I was trolling or something, since he didn't take too kindly to me suggesting that. But here we are in 2018, and most likely, it's still not going to mean anything. And that's unfortunate. It's obviously too much work for them to make it mean something, just like it's probably too much work to actually give us a choice between Lotus and Ballas and have that choice impact gameplay. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

1 minute ago, icemasterJ said:

Pretty neat find, I presume you found it on the moon? cuz who knows, maybe there are more obscure references to find.

Yeah, I did. Then again, I've been analyzing Orokin architecture for years once I realized that Steve and Geoff take a lot of inspiration from New Age and pseudoscience when it comes to Orokin technology. Remember the torsion beam device that can open Orokin portals? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsion_field_(pseudoscience)

Kinda gtg now, but anyone with free time, mind of checking the hype site again?

I've counted the number of tenno words that showed up and there are about 9 or so now. Are some of them repeating? Or are there even more words? Can someone verify please?

Best regards,

devildevil21.

A lot of people have been taking who or which will be that "sacrifice".

Ballas once said that "one's life is the sacrifice for the other".

Right now, I was thinking that either The Lotus or Margulis will be the "sacrifice", but aside from them, who or which do you think will be the "sacrifice"?

And does this affect gameplay after completing the quest? Your thoughts.

Edited by zerofighter005v

13 hours ago, zerofighter005v said:

either The Lotus or Margulis will be the "sacrifice", but aside from them, who or which do you think will be the "sacrifice"?

Kind of interesting that both of them have already sacrificed their life for the Tenno, in one form or another...

if you watch the trailer well, at the end the tenno's eyes are used for transition for Ballas, and after, you must click his eyes to hear "but you cannot defy your creator". Sound weird? It is. And why the chains of Harrow are connected to the other quests? Maybe Rell (he always scares me) will return...idk, this is hyping me a lot, so lets wait!

18 minutes ago, lucata2003 said:

if you watch the trailer well, at the end the tenno's eyes are used for transition for Ballas, and after, you must click his eyes to hear "but you cannot defy your creator". Sound weird? It is. And why the chains of Harrow are connected to the other quests? Maybe Rell (he always scares me) will return...idk, this is hyping me a lot, so lets wait!

Either Ballas is the Man in the Wall (from Chains of Harrow), or the Man in the Wall is using Ballas' body. Regardless of which one it is, I'm fairly certain Ballas will essentially be the Man in the Wall in the Sacrifice, so that's where the Chains of Harrow connection will come from. And Ballas is probably only revealing himself now because Rell is no longer here to keep the Man in the Wall contained.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

I put my bet on Margulis: she sacrificed herself to let the tenno live. So the sacrifice has been done already and when the tenno discovered that Margulis was gone they arise aganist the orokin empire.

Maybe Ballas agreed with her all the , fooling and acting to the orokin council time, and did what Margulis asked him to do. Thus, she asked him to protect her childs and he, maybe forced by his duty, asked her:

" if you could trade, would you?", and then "..but all miracles require sacrifice, for their life, your"

And what if ballas knew that margulis has became Natah/Lotus, because of the transference, and searched for a way to bring her back into the void, and found the man in the wall that corrupted him, instead?

P.S.:feel free to correct my grammar, i have to improve my skills.

Edited by Polymerase

3 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Pretty sure he wants to purge the part of Lotus that is Natah and use the body to bring back Margulis. Ballas be guilt trippin.

It's funny how she still took his hand. Natah has no business with him at all, and Margulis died feeling betrayed and generally lied to.

All it took to get his woman back was to say "Forgive me" twice and promise he won't abandon her again. He's probably abandon her again, she'll come crying back to us, some Tenno will be accepting, others will want Natah back (like me), other others don't care one way or another, other other others will attempt to kill both somehow, other other other others will try to persuade her to get back with Ballas because they want a full, unstoppable space family, other other other other others will go to Ballas directly and ask if he can be their daddy.

11 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

a lot of crazy stuff is gonna happen, but i think that the best part in this quest will be us seeing the face of the Lotus. Anyone agree?

We already did see it.

In the Apostasy you can shake the camera with the mouse. Someone recorded, took a picture and showed the T-pose face.

Edited by Kaotyke