Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You cannot defy your creator (the sacrifice hype website)

DJ_Vauban

3 minutes ago, (XB1)RanskyNoodles said:

Dispel does sound like a Warframe move, so just use your tenno in void mode, I mean c'mon they can't even touch you.

inb4 DE adds a move to Ballas that can grab Operators in Void Mode.

Its name in the files? "Bad touch"

vor 37 Minuten schrieb (XB1)I7th SpectrumI:

The next set of English text appears in the bottom left-hand corner, right next to what is clearly an outline of Excalibur Umbra. I had absolutely 0 luck in reading any of that, but it looks similar to the previous two lines. We see the words "subject nine" appear again, and I can only assume that subject nine is Excalibur Umbra. If this is the case, who/what were the first 8 test subjects, and what is their purpose? Speculate speculate speculate! 

subjekt nine maybe means warframe 9 which is excal prime so maybe it has something to do with him

... There's also clicking Lua and Ballas.. plus reading all that gets me even more worried...

Clicking Lua brings: "Lua gives you Strength"

Then Ballas has him say (while pulling off a Simaris) "But you cannot defy your creators."

Adding this stuff and what we know... why does this scream "sacrifice Lotus by killing her" scream in my head? And what if Umbra is the choice? Being Sentient herself, Lotus was originally a target for the Tenno before turning on the Orokin Empire. This may be what all these choices we made in the past come in play. That's just be saying, I pray I'm wrong... I don't want to kill Lotus for Umbra...

Also rewatching the trailer... on the first bit of static shows a tree... the 2nd shows 3 rock formations with Orokin bits in it... the 3rd shows yet another tree, or the same, but this time with a Orokin scabbard(?)... and lastly the Operator's eyes brighten up something to what that ghost operator would do... well sort of, but in a sense "he" may be involved as well.

Edited by lxMattAranxl

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Subject 9 could be one of two things I'm thinking

1.  Stalker is an Umbra (very literally as "Shadow" Stalker, and Hunhow calls him his "Shadow".), and if his Acolytes are as well, of which there are 7 I believe, then we've got 8.  So....Subject 9 is simply the next in line...

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I may very well be, but weren't there 8 Warframes at launch?   So...Subject 9 could be sorta like....the Umbra line was worked on immediately thereafter in Lore.  Maybe that's what really freaked Margulis out.

You raise an incredibly good point. I completely agree with you when you say that the stalker and his acolytes may be the original Umbras. From what I know of the Stalker/Acolyte lore, they were among the first Orokin to return from the void with raw, untamed void energy. Transference technology had not yet been created by Margulis and Ballas, so the Orokin had no choice but to literally permanently encase their bodies in warframes (acolyte frames) in order to allow them to properly control and channel their energy. As for the frames that they were encased in, these very well could have been the original Umbra frames that were perhaps created with early sentient technology. This would also explain their hatred for the Tenno, being due to the fact that the Tenno were pretty much spoiled with the ability to hop in and out of different warframes when they please, rather than suffering a lifelong prison sentence in a single frame. This would also explain why the stalker and his acolytes were able to be so easily manipulated by Hunhow. Very good ideas sir, I'll be sure to add this to the post 🙂 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Dispel is Stalkers ability that nullifies warframe abilities.

Violence can also do the same thing but his is banshee’s silence in PvP. 

I doubt he would dispel a angry cat that can Solo shadow Stalker and got high armor. If he even survive from one slide attack.

5 minutes ago, lxMattAranxl said:

... There's also clicking Lua and Ballas.. plus reading all that gets me even more worried...

Clicking Lua brings: "Lua gives you Strength"

Then Ballas has him say (while pulling off a Simaris) "But you cannot defy your creators."

Adding this stuff and what we know... why does this scream "sacrifice Lotus by killing her" scream in my head? And what if Umbra is the choice? Being Sentient herself, Lotus was originally a target for the Tenno before turning on the Orokin Empire. This may be what all these choices we made in the past come in play. That's just be saying, I pray I'm wrong... I don't want to kill Lotus for Umbra...

Very good insight, I had no idea about the clicking stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lua was the birthplace of the transference technology, hence it was the place where the tenno became operators and gained that deep connection with their warframes. Perhaps Ballas means to say that Lua gives us some sort of comfort, as if it was our home. Additionally, it was Ballas who helped Margulis develop the transference technology, so he is, by all means, the creator of the tenno. I agree with you, this does seem to hint towards Lotus in some way. Perhaps rather than killing her, we must Sacrifice the connection they we hold with her. A connection that is similar to one between a mother and her child. Guess we will find out soon enough. I'll be sure to add this to the post, thanks!

1 minute ago, (XB1)I7th SpectrumI said:

Very good insight, I had no idea about the clicking stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lua was the birthplace of the transference technology, hence it was the place where the tenno became operators and gained that deep connection with their warframes. Perhaps Ballas means to say that Lua gives us some sort of comfort, as if it was our home. Additionally, it was Ballas who helped Margulis develop the transference technology, so he is, by all means, the creator of the tenno. I agree with you, this does seem to hint towards Lotus in some way. Perhaps rather than killing her, we must Sacrifice the connection they we hold with her. A connection that is similar to one between a mother and her child. Guess we will find out soon enough. I'll be sure to add this to the post, thanks!

Yeah, and I mentioned something like this a long time ago witht he first teaser on Twitter, being a sort of blueprint, given the right arm looked as if it was vanishing. Some would speculate it as the Sentient Arm Cannon but... i highly doubt that. Maybe you're right, transerance may end up being the sacrifice. Maybe not the Tenno, but the Transferance.

Without diving deep you can get this sentence

"Awaken sentient test subject Helmith hybrid Tenno"

or more likely in order to make some sense

"Awaken sentient test subject - hybrid helminth\tenno"

With the random bits and pieces you get test subject 9, perhaps frame 9 Excal prime

The test subject referred in the sentence could easily be the hybrid of the Helmith strand of the infested with Ballas's own creation that he "gifted" to the tenno - Excal prime

Or as we've seen what Alad V can do - Warframe Infested hybrids. And Alad doesnt have the knowlage that Ballas does so perhaps Ballas did a Sentient Infested Warframe.

Spoiler

All just wild theories in the wind until we see the actual quest

My thread got merged into a megathread, but I had already done all this, so I'm just gonna dump this here and whatever 😛

Hey guys, I was taking a look at the new site for the Sacrifice (https://www.warframe.com/thesacrifice), when I noticed all the Orokin text appearing all over the place, so I took a few minutes to translate some of it from screenshots using the cheat sheet (found here: https://clarvel.github.io/TennoTyper/). Here are some of the things I found (keep in mind, these were random words appearing in apparently random order): 

"TEST SUBJECT"

"TENNO"

"AWAKEN"

"HELMINTH"

"SENTIENT"

"HYBRID"

I'm almost certain that I have missed some lines, so please feel free to add anything you find. However, many interesting speculations may be drawn from these lines. "TEST SUBJECT" could be speaking of a number of things, so I shall leave that to your imagination, though I think it may be the Tenno/Warframe. "TENNO"  is fairly clear in its message, but I am unsure where we fit in to this. "HELMINTH" is speaking of the infested component of our Warframes, as shown through the Glast Gambit quest and Orbiter room downstairs. Since it has already been stated that The Sacrifice will be about how the Warframes are made, it would make a lot of sense for (the?) Helminth to be mentioned. "Sentient" however, is the one that really gets me. could it be speaking of the purpose of the Warframes in the Great War against the Sentients in the old days of the Orokin Empire, or could Sentient technology be a key component in Warframe construction? Perhaps, since it does not say "Sentients" but only "Sentient" it is speaking of the Warframes being sentient (meaning that they are alive and conscious by themselves, without our Tenno), and not the machine race created by the Orokin. There has always been theory of standalone Warframes, and the concept of Umbra frames consuming the soul of their Tenno would support this theory. Also, in some lore entries, it would appear that Warframes were developed before the Tenno came about. Anyways, that's what I have to say. Let me know what you think, I really want to know.

If you click on the Tree there is another line of text shown which translates to "HYBRID", so maybe it is speaking of a Hybrid between different things. Either between Tenno and Helminth (which is where I'd put my money; it's closest to what we already know about), between Helminth and Sentient (which doesn't make much sense to me) or between Tenno and Sentient (which would make sense for the new "Vlad" frame, but not much for Umbra). (Credit: @--Q--Voltage)

My stuff seems to have been merged here... This could be messy...

Note: Those words are not the direct translation off the page. I used the translation sheet provided at the link above to directly translate it into more syllable-based text, then translated to those words using a phonics-like system. This means that those words are what the text sounds like, not how it is written.

Note: Not all text is legible. Some of the text is actually simply too small to translate or read, but do let me know if you find anything I have missed.

33 minutes ago, lxMattAranxl said:

THere's also this... when checking out the Tea Set, it mentions "Dax"... the only Dax we know is Teshin... is it possible he's in it also?

Also, the promo code you need to redeem fot tea set is "OLDFRIEND". It must be a Teshin reference.

9 minutes ago, Sarge_Tarmus said:

Also, the promo code you need to redeem fot tea set is "OLDFRIEND". It must be a Teshin reference.

9 minutes ago, Sarge_Tarmus said:

Definitely. Dax used to be a royal guard before the fall of the Orokin, so he definitely has some sort of a past with Ballas. Perhaps Dax will assist us in saving the Lotus, or maybe he just wants some tea with Ballas.