Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low FPS on "high end" PC

-TSA-Vendetta

PC specs: 
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz which gets overclocked to 4,2 GHz 
RAM: 16,0 GB DDR3 
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

System: Windows 10

I recently discovered huge fps drops after only a few min into Teveuni Survival (Kuva Fortress Survival) and in many other missions but thats the one which has the biggest impact on me because i really enjoy this gamemode.

I usually just cap my FPS at 120, when i start the mission or when im in the Landing ship my FPS are stable but the longer the mission lasts the worse my FPS get especially in the beginning of the mission after 1-2 min im usually dropped to 60FPS which u can see here:

Spoiler

I asked the Support for help but they had no idea either, so i reset my pc completly and installed everything again the non steam version and the steam version but it didnt change at all.

The Support asked me for some Benchmarks so i did them, maybe they will help u guys: https://imgur.com/a/bjrIVgu

15 minutes ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

nothing happened ?

What do you mean?

Some useful things to look at:

• RAM usage over time. What do you start at, what does it say when you have FPS issues. Use Task Manager.
  • When did the issue start occurring?
  • Did it follow any hardware/system updates?
  • Have you tried switching the DX version WF is using?
  • What graphics settings do you use? Does reducing them help?
  • Temperatures.

Maybe you have tried these already. I do not know - you don't really say what you have looked at.

On 2018-06-05 at 6:52 AM, -TSA-Vendetta said:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz which gets overclocked to 4,2 GHz

Google tells me that this is not expected. Your processor should have a 4.4 GHz Turbo boost. It should not be overclocked to 4.2 GHz.

Edited by krc473

vor 1 Minute schrieb krc473:

What do you mean?

Some useful things to look at:

• RAM usage over time. What do you start at, what does it say when you have FPS issues. Use Task Manager.
  • When did the issue start occurring?
  • Did it follow any hardware/system updates?
  • Have you tried switching the DX version WF is using?

Maybe you have tried these already. I do not know - you don't really say what you have looked at.

see  for yourself, it did happen to me first in the end of march or maybe beginning of april around this time i opened my first support ticket. 

It didnt follow any Hardware or system updates my new Graphicscard is 2-3 months older and i even tried older drivers, but it didnt change the fact that the FPS are bad.

5 minutes ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

see  for yourself, it did happen to me first in the end of march or maybe beginning of april around this time i opened my first support ticket. 

• What happens if you run it solo?

I have found that solo can run better at times.

• What happens if you reduce your graphics?
  • What happens on other missions? Pick another survival, play for 5 minutes and see what FPS you are getting.

if i play solo, the same thing happens but slower

if i reduce my graphics it doesnt change, the GPU usage is decreasing in taskmanager but the fps doesnt increase at all 

other survivals have the same problem, sometimes in def i can see my fps increasing in between rounds when there are no enemies but dont know how i should use that information to fix the game 

What I would suggest is that you have a look and see if any updates (hardware/Windows) have been done recently (since March); or if any were attempted and failed. I have found that some Windows updates cause issues - a while back I had one update that kept attempting to download and install, failing and just endlessly trying to install itself. This one caused issues with performance.

45 minutes ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

Graphicscard is 2-3 months older and i even tried older drivers

I was a little unsure about this statement. Did you recently get a new GPU? I assume this does not roughly coincide with when your issues started.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb krc473:

I was a little unsure about this statement. Did you recently get a new GPU? I assume this does not roughly coincide with when your issues started.

obviously its pretty new, the 1070 ti is not that old, i got in in december 2017 i think 

vor 26 Minuten schrieb krc473:

a while back I had one update that kept attempting to download and install, failing and just endlessly trying to install itself. This one caused issues with performance.

but i dont have any issues with performance what so ever only warframe laggs and not even because of to high hardware usage i can play many other games that are way harder to handle for the hardware but it works perfectly fine

1 hour ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

but i dont have any issues with performance what so ever only warframe laggs and not even because of to high hardware usage i can play many other games that are way harder to handle for the hardware but it works perfectly fine

I have not seen an answer to this yet:

• Have you tried disabling the DX10/11 in the launcher. Sometimes there are issue with it causing significant performance loss. You can disable them or wait for a fix if that’s the case. I believe running with DX9 is the standard solution if DX is the problem.

Everything else seems fine though. So, it’s most likely just Warframe.

2 hours ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

obviously its pretty new, the 1070 ti is not that old, i got in in december 2017 i think 

It was more just checking you didn’t get it in March/April. 

yeah i can't play right now it feels like my GPU keeps hitching up  - I've had my laptop a year and a half maybe two though so idk maybe my fan is dying I doubt it tho I keep it in powersaver mode regularly so it doesn't overperform. Idk something's not working right

Edited by Gnohme

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Gnohme:

yeah i can't play right now it feels like my GPU keeps hitching up  - I've had my laptop a year and a half maybe two though so idk maybe my fan is dying I doubt it tho I keep it in powersaver mode regularly so it doesn't overperform. Idk something's not working right

but thats not my problem ... im running only on 30% GPU usage and the temperature is fine

That's just what someone suggested in another thread, I don't think it's my problem either. I haven't tried monitoring my temperature or usage I'll give that a shot. Didn't say it was your problem. It might be mine. 

Edited by Gnohme

Here is an small article about Game mode on windows 10 .. maby this can help you a bit

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/features/how-to-enable-and-use-game-mode-on-windows-10-1680332

Next you should try to set V-sync off in both applications .. Control and In-game

see what it will do for you

And there is Cpu unlocker ( note this can be dangerous iam not responsible for bricking you're cpu . do reseach for this )

For me personaly it helped a bit more but nothing special

try the first 2 steps

Good luck Tenno

Am 17.6.2018 um 05:02 schrieb kai661xbox:

Turn off particle effects and set quality to low. It helped me

this would maybe help when the graphicscard or the ram or the cp is overloaded but neither of them are so it doesnt help at all 

Am 14.6.2018 um 19:24 schrieb -_Highlander_-:

Here is an small article about Game mode on windows 10 .. maby this can help you a bit

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/features/how-to-enable-and-use-game-mode-on-windows-10-1680332

Next you should try to set V-sync off in both applications .. Control and In-game

see what it will do for you

And there is Cpu unlocker ( note this can be dangerous iam not responsible for bricking you're cpu . do reseach for this )

For me personaly it helped a bit more but nothing special

try the first 2 steps

Good luck Tenno

VSync is already turned off otherwise i couldnt have more than 60fps with 60Hz monitors (its just for testing because my graphicscard could handle over 200fps but not in this game)

the gaming mode just increases the speed of my game which is not needed because it runs smooth until i start a mission, the enemies have a Error and therefore the system keeps getting slower and slower over time. I sent the EE.log to the Support and they found the problem and now maybe they will be able to fix it sooner or later (lets hope it doesnt take months) 

But they also said its a very unique problem so it may take a while....

Here a short passage of my EE.log and i think u can see which kind of Error spam i mean and i guess this keeps stuffing into my RAM or CPU and those cant handle this chung of Errors anymore.

67.239 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 60 (should be less than 4)
67.239 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 60 (should be less than 4)
67.485 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 70 (should be less than 4)
67.485 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 70 (should be less than 4)
68.636 Sys [Info]: Spot-building /Lotus/Powersuits/Fairy/PassiveAbilityBuff
68.636 Sys [Info]: Spot-loading /Lotus/Interface/Icons/Abilities/FaeriePassive.png
68.869 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 60 (should be less than 4)
68.869 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 60 (should be less than 4)
69.117 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 70 (should be less than 4)
69.118 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 70 (should be less than 4)
69.609 Sys [Warning]: LotusWeapon::OnLevelNotify - Failed to create level up effects
69.879 Game [Info]: RequestResource: /Lotus/Interface/Icons/Store/ComponentCircuits.png [persistent: 0]
69.879 Sys [Info]: Found 1 items to load (0.1ms) [Heap: 1,063,507,936/1,103,298,560 Footprint: 3,153,256,448 Handles: 1,162]
69.882 Sys [Info]: Resource load completed in one pass and 0s (inherited 1 of 1)
70.900 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 60 (should be less than 4)
70.900 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 60 (should be less than 4)
71.144 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 70 (should be less than 4)
71.144 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 70 (should be less than 4)
74.274 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 60 (should be less than 4)
74.274 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 60 (should be less than 4)
74.526 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 70 (should be less than 4)
74.527 Sys [Error]: Hand parameter out of range: 70 (should be less than 4)

I am having the same issue (FPS issues on a "high-end PC"). Changing any or all graphics settings does nothing aka I can set the resolution to 800x600 and turn everything off/ minimu and still get <30 fps. Even weirder, I get 60 fps in cetus and in the liset but <30 fps in missions. I've updated windows, updated my graphics drivers, restarting my computer, verified the cache, tried running in Directx 10 and 11 only, and messing with v-sync. I can run Witcher 3 with graphics mods at 60+ fps right now so I don't think it's my computer. Temperatures, CPU usage and GPU usage are all normal while playing and don't change very much when the fps changes. Sometimes I start up I have no issues for hours, other times I have issues after a couple missions, and other times I start up at 11fps in the login menu. I really hope this issue gets fixed soon.

i5-4670k - GTX 1060 6GB - 16GB DDR3 1333mhz - Win 7

Got the same problem. Same performance like in the video you posted. 70fps and below in a squad.

It's seems to be because of the enemies spawning. More enemies in squads = even less FPS.

Xini Interception is a good example. The FPS keeps dropping all through the round and then shoots back up to 120fps (my cap) as soon as the spawning stops and you have to kill what's left. Then as soon as a point is capped and the spawning begins, you can see the FPS immediately start to drop.

I also see the same errors in my EE log.

Hoping this can be explained/fixed.

Edited by McSkops
Added OS/RAM speed