Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low FPS on "high end" PC

-TSA-Vendetta

I had an issue with FPS as well and finally fixed it after some experimenting here and there. Not sure if the issue is similar to anybody else on this thread, but I was having fluctuating fps as soon as I load WF. My fps would be 60 (don't have a 144hz monitor) and it dips to 35-ish every 2 seconds or so. My system specs are (it's a new rig that I just put together about 3 weeks ago):

CPU: i7-8700K @3.70Ghz (non-OC to have stability and baseline reading)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB

GPU: Geforce GTX 1080 ti

I tried setting graphic configs to low, vsync on and off, verified cache, uninstall/reinstall WF and GPU driver, etc. Nothing works. I finally decided to take a look at my bios settings instead and realized my RAM frequency is defaulted to a mere 2133Mhz and realized silly me. So I just bump that up 3200Mhz which what my corsair vengeance sticks are rated for. Load up the game, and voila. Everything is smooth as butter now. I hope this information helps a bit to give a different perspective to investigate your issue.

I don't know i also got some FPS issue even tho my laptop is so potato

CPU: intel I3

Ram: 10gigs

Graphics: Intel Integrated Graphics

My issue even with 800x600, when i run squad, it's always about FPS drop... I think the problem with some bad coding or enemy spawning... i don't have this before sacrifice update

vor 20 Stunden schrieb McSkops:

i5-4670k - GTX 1060 6GB - 16GB DDR3

Got the same problem. Same performance like in the video you posted. 70fps and below in a squad.

It's seems to be because of the enemies spawning. More enemies in squads = even less FPS.

Xini Interception is a good example. The FPS keeps dropping all through the round and then shoots back up to 120fps (my cap) as soon as the spawning stops and you have to kill what's left. Then as soon as a point is capped and the spawning begins, you can see the FPS immediately start to drop.

I also see the same errors in my EE log.

Hoping this can be explained/fixed.

keep your hopes up the support knows about the problem and it maybe gets fixed soon.

•  
    Zitat

[DE]NateThursday at 16:00

Hello -TSA-Vendetta,

That was excellent. We can definitely see where the issue is in this log. The notes have been passed on and we'll make the appropriate changes.

Thank you so much for the help. We'll get back to you with more questions if we have them.

-TSA-VendettaThursday at 23:23

is tehre anything for me to do so i can fix it or should i just wait for a fix or what is happening right now ?;)

[DE]NateFriday at 16:26

Hello -TSA-Vendetta,

As of now, knowing the problem, there would be nothing that you or support could do to effect it. It's a fairly unique problem, but one that needs to be addressed.

Sorry that I can't be more assistance.

•  

Happened to me too, im using:

• Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ Processor
  • 16Gb RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX970M with 3GB GDDR5
  • Windows 10

Also i set the graphics all high and the FPS touch 120+fps. But after the last update (The Sacrifice) the FPS keeps spiking to 30fps for 1min. Please help us @[DE]Rebecca
Thank you.

Some of the slowdowns seem to be related to RAM speed. Make sure to post your RAM speed and not just how much RAM you have.

I have 16gb 1333mhz DDR3 and I see the slowdowns in endless missions, going from well over 100fps to just 20fps and then back to 100fps when the RAM usage goes back down. The more enemies and action there is around my character, the more my RAM starts choking. Or at least that is what the small amount of information I have is pointing to.

If anyone who's well versed in RAM overclocking could try different speeds, that would be highly appreciated. :community:

I had on average 130-190 fps normally, now over the past few patches its been having sudden drops, especially in squads. It also happens in solo but very slowly. Basically over time the fps decreases by 1 every five seconds until hitting between 45-60 fps. I already submitted a ticket to support but they have told me the same this information this thread has to offer. I just want to post this reply to increase awareness that the issue still persists. 

I have the same issue, CPU is at 34%, GPU at 24%, RAM at 40%, but the game is barely playable with squads, especially on maps like Kuva Survival for some reason.
Even with potato settings it doesn't seem to improve at all.

The issue started occuring since around the last few weeks.

My hardware:

CPU: 2600K@4GHz (hyperthreading enabled)
Graphics: MSI GTX1070 (with the latest driver, version  398.36, or listed in Windows as 24.21.13.9836)
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 (CAS latency 10)
Disk: Samsung 850 Evo SSD 

Edited by Koekiewollie
Added ram speed and OS

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Koekiewollie:

I have the same issue, CPU is at 34%, GPU at 24%, RAM at 40%, but the game is barely playable with squads, especially on maps like Kuva Survival for some reason.
Even with potato settings it doesn't seem to improve at all.

The issue started occuring since around the last few weeks.

My hardware:

CPU: 2600K@4GHz (hyperthreading enabled)
Graphics: MSI GTX1070 (with the latest driver, version  398.36, or listed in Windows as 24.21.13.9836)
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 (CAS latency 10)
Disk: Samsung 850 Evo SSD 

did u check ur EE.log for the Error codes ?

11 hours ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

did u check ur EE.log for the Error codes ?

I have checked the file, but I am not sure what to look for, because there are lots of different errors.
It is also missing timestamps, so I can't tell which play session it belongs to.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Koekiewollie:

I have checked the file, but I am not sure what to look for, because there are lots of different errors.
It is also missing timestamps, so I can't tell which play session it belongs to.

just type something in the chat when u see the problem occuring for example "lowperf"  and just search for it in the log and there u should see those Error codes i do too

The problem is not occuring at a certain point, it happens all the time, but it just get worse in squads and when more enemies are around.
That being said, today it seemed even worse. I now experienced stutter on my ship and in the menu's....

So I decided to restart Windows and guess what... the game runs smooth as butter again!
I tested Kuva survival and it runs without any problems.

Weird stuff

On 2018-06-23 at 2:13 PM, x-WhiteDevil-x said:

Facing the same issue here since the last hotfix. Have i7 4770k 16 GB ram n GTX 970. And i see the same errors in the EE log as mentioned above.

I have submitted a ticket. Let's see.

It not only happens in a squad. Happens when I'm going to the dojo as well.

I also have a GTX 970 and am seeing similar issues. My normal play is fine, but certain parts of the game lags to a single digit FPS crawl.

Am 1.7.2018 um 12:59 schrieb Koekiewollie:

The problem is not occuring at a certain point, it happens all the time, but it just get worse in squads and when more enemies are around.
That being said, today it seemed even worse. I now experienced stutter on my ship and in the menu's....

So I decided to restart Windows and guess what... the game runs smooth as butter again!
I tested Kuva survival and it runs without any problems.

Weird stuff

you mean u restarted your pc ?

Edited by -TSA-Vendetta

Well, i have fps issues on plains at full squad when enemies spawn i go down at 30 fps.
Solo, on plains at 100+
In 4 man squad on any tile, 45 at low fps
solo 100+

FX 8320e 3.2 8 Core. 8 gb ram 2300
gtx 1050ti 4gb
I tried everything, playing at 1080 at 1036, trying differents builds on graphic settings and still the same.

Have exactly the same issue as everyone here. Game runs perfectly on highest settings solo without any drops. But when I join full squad fps drops to 40-50. And its not a smooth drop, even when I drop only 5fps it stutters like crazy. That made multiplayer really annoying for me and I avoid it. Please fix this soon DE. There are many of us waiting for it.

Same problem here, just gettin dem random FPS Spikes/Drops

i5 7500
gtx 1060 6gb
ddr4 2x 4gb ram 2133 mhz
win 10

Dropping from 100+ below 30 fps for a second OR it keeps getting worse over time in long mission

Same issue here, solo mode is smooth as butter but whenever I join a public squad, my FPS takes a hit for no reason.

I tested in the plains, doing the highest tier bounty solo, I never dropped below 100 FPS, even in fights.

When I did it in a public squad, my average FPS becomes 70 while running around and drops to 50-ish for a few seconds while fighting is going on for no reason. I even asked people to stop shooting and the FPS didn't change.

Elite Onslaught is another nightmare, having a Saryn and a max range Volt spamming discharge on a high spawn rate map like orokin derelict makes the FPS fluctate like crazy, sometimes hitting as low as 45.

My system is: GTX 1060 3GB, i7 6790, 8 gig RAM, Windows 10 latest update.

I play on max settings with ludicrous particles. Some post processing effects like bloom and motion blur are disabled, and I'm using MSAA instead of the higher option TXAA.

Having the settings on lowest or changing fullscreen to borderless etc. does not change anything.