[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes!

Welp. Hello darkness Solo mode, my old friend.

...and I just realised it most likely means RIP Solo mode on the current Earth laugh-to-cry-gif-7.gif

It's really fascinating that rainy PoE runs much, much smoother than Earth :clem:

• Upvote 3

Man, I'm heartbroken... 3.7 years of playing the game and it has to stop cause DE isn't gonna support 32bit anymore.

I just wish there was another account migration to consoles so that I wouldn't lose 3.7 years of progress.

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 3

Please post "Recommended/Optimal" system requirements as well.

Edited by ShinTechG
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ZhouDraconis said:

Here is your biggest issue. Do you understand why we do this thing called making something "not supported"?  It is because tech grows at an exponential rate. If you do not grow with that tech then you end up left behind. For one the graphics and quality suffer. For two...you pay more money trying to support something that will never improve and therefor is holding you back. And the third thing...if they do not support the use of that OS, and you have a tech issue...what do you think you will be doing? You will contact them...they will try to help you...they won't have access to anything to help you...you get frustrated and blame DE for your issue. It is your issue. You need to decide a few things. One...how much do I value gaming, and two how much do I value whatever else I am blowing my money on? I am disabled....I get squat per month for income. I do not use a potato. I live on less than a grand a month. If I can upgrade my pc so can you.

Less than 1k$? I mean unless you are joking, 1k/month of whatever currency that is is way more than many people get on a salary in many parts of the world. Unless its one of those currencies like yen/ruble etc.

• Upvote 1

Pretty disappointed to hear the x86 and dx9 support would be dropped. They were often the saving grace that made the game playable with bad/ buggy updates and other graphical issues. 

I've played this game for over 2 years. Made it to MR23. If these changes go through. I cannot play this game anymore. A new system in my country is almost twice my salary. 

So I will await future announcements. See if DE can do something for ppl like me who are living in third world countries but enjoy playing the game. 

Edited by yuagister
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

In fact with these new requirements it Will be still launchable (in theory) with an acient AMD sempron 2500+ s754 (one of weakest and oldest x64 cpu) with an Radeon HD2400/HD3450 AGP VGA (weakest agp dx10 card). Wf Will be still runable in all pc-s build from New parts from 2007 up to now. Only Intel igp-s can be problematic up to Sandy bridge they have no or bad dx10 support.

Honestly it is for the best to draw the line of which hardware/OS should be supported.

Better to move forward instead of trying to force Warframe to still function on XP, especially if it cuts into time that could be better spent on other areas.

• Like 2

The worst thing about specs is that I was playing on 2,4GHz QuadCore, AMD5580, 4GB RAM on medium graphic settings with over 60fps(stable) back in 2015 when I started, but now on this PC, I have up to 20fps on lowest settings 1200/1000px.... Ahh and PoE crashed all the time to the desktop. 

I know better graphics etc. but optimalization is worse than ever! Good i've bought new PC...

• Applause 1

I've been in the game for a long time and made a lot and started new friends, I like the game very much and I spend and spent a lot of time in it. BUT I'm sitting on a 32 bit system and the ability to go to 64 no, but you say everything, this is the end for me, I can no longer play with my friends, I can not knock out new prime frames, I can not go through new interesting quests and learn more about the history of this universe, it's a shame to honestly I would like to continue to play it, but if you refuse support 32 bits system, everything is lost for me, I ask you, please hundred, At least think about what that would leave 32 bits requirements, but I understand that XP is out of date and I'll sit at 7 but the possibilities go on 64 I do not have but I'd like very much to continue to play the game, please leave a 32-bit

Edited by xmolor
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I would love to know how the playerbase's hardware correlates with the set of players that actually make purchases in the game.

Otherwise I welcome the change offering better performance on better hardware granted it fixes all the issues I perceive currently.

14 minutes ago, bungawunga said:

I would love to know how the playerbase's hardware correlates with the set of players that actually make purchases in the game.

Otherwise I welcome the change offering better performance on better hardware granted it fixes all the issues I perceive currently.

Considering that 64-bit CPUs like Q6600 cost like 10$ a pop and you can get a full DDR2-4GB rig for probably about 50$ on eBay (or much, much less at your local scrap shop) then I don't think there's much of an overlap, if any. Also if you're running this game then you definitely have peripherals, a monitor and an HDD that you can reuse. Also, I'm not aware of any non-DX10 GPU that can run this game at a reasonable framerate one way or another. If you're playing at 10fps then you should definitely stop for your own health's sake.

• Applause 1

7 hours ago, JesterTheNight said:

Man, I'm heartbroken... 3.7 years of playing the game and it has to stop cause DE isn't gonna support 32bit anymore.

I just wish there was another account migration to consoles so that I wouldn't lose 3.7 years of progress.

Don't get me wrong but 64-bit systems are very cheap right now. Take a look at Wolfdale architecture from 2007, their Core2Duo and Core2Quad should be able to run the game just fine even if you go for DDR2 instead of DDR3. I used to play with a 4GB DDR2 rig with an e7400 myself, the CPU was just fine at the time. I don't know if it could support PoE but I'm sure something like a Q6600 will be perfect and very cheap (~10$ on eBay with free shipping and money-back guarantee).

Edited by Praxxor
Correction: Q6600 ISN'T Wolfdale but supports the same chipsets.

16 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Considering that 64-bit CPUs like Q6600 cost like 10$ a pop and you can get a full DDR2-4GB rig for probably about 50$ on eBay (or much, much less at your local scrap shop) then I don't think there's much of an overlap, if any. Also if you're running this game then you definitely have peripherals, a monitor and an HDD that you can reuse. Also, I'm not aware of any non-DX10 GPU that can run this game at a reasonable framerate one way or another. If you're playing at 10fps then you should definitely stop for your own health's sake.

obligatory pointing out that while correct that a user *may* have parts they can reuse, peripherals and monitor are DEFINITELY NOT ensured. notebooks exist. for that matter, given the system age spectrum noted in thread, even the disk drives may not be compatible (ata-ide, vs sata, adapters exist but frankly would cost almost as much as the cheapest possible new disk drives themselves).

it is also important to remember that while it may seem trivial to sort out a system from parts for some of us, for others its black magic and a panic attack inducing  concept. 

that needing said and having been said now, thank you for putting ideas out there for those who may need suggestions on starting points.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

obligatory pointing out that while correct that a user *may* have parts they can reuse, peripherals and monitor are DEFINITELY NOT ensured. notebooks exist. for that matter, given the system age spectrum noted in thread, even the disk drives may not be compatible (ata-ide, vs sata, adapters exist but frankly would cost almost as much as the cheapest possible new disk drives themselves).

it is also important to remember that while it may seem trivial to sort out a system from parts for some of us, for others its black magic and a panic attack inducing  concept. 

that needing said and having been said now, thank you for putting ideas out there for those who may need suggestions on starting points.

I'm pretty sure that no 32-bit laptop has a viable DX9 GPU that can also run Warframe at reasonable framerates. Also, most 775 boards I've seen had both IDE and SATA ports.

All these people going they can only play 32bit.... have you actually checked if your system is 64bit capable because my old amd x2 socket 939 cpu's (opteron 175 and x2 4200) were/are 64bit and they're like from 2005.  I know they support windows 7 x64 because that's when I transitioned to x64 only for my OS, they're not supported on windows 8.1 or above though due to missing something that it needs. 

Not saying they're good enough to play the game but they can definitely hit the min specs being suggested.

---
In case some of the readers here need to upgrade their operative-system from Windows XP into a newer one, do not worry; you neither need to have loads of cash handy or "pirate" things:
Windows 10 (Pro) has a shareware-version which you can download freely from the official Microsoft-wesbite(s).

All you need to do is to either download "WIndows 10 Disc Image" or "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool" and then "burn" the ISO-file either into a DVD / Blueray-disc or into a USB-memory-stick.

For the most part the only downside of the shareware-version is that you're not allowed to do majority of teh cosmetic-changes (E.G. change the desktop-wallpaper). But otherwise the shareware-version works just as well as the registered-versions.

---

And in case you worry about your hardware:
At least when I still had my +8-years old hardware (AMD Athlon +4600), "Windows 10" did run surprisingly smoothly; far more smoother than "Windows 7 Ultimate" to give a comparison.

---
---
---

• Like 2

Today I discovered another reason that really reinforces our decision to drop XP support:

Windows 10 (72% of our players yesterday) exposes a simple optimization we can do in our DirectX layer but only if we make a change that would be incompatible with Windows XP (the Windows platform SDK that exposes this optimization is only backwards compatible back to Vista).

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Please just don't drop Win7. It's still the best platform for gamers, especially those who play also to some older title. Also, it's much more solid over time (my Win10 at work had to be resurrected twice in 5 months, my Win7 twice in 4 years).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Clipzyyy said:

I get so much lag now i don't really like this new minimum specs update  

On 2018-06-05 at 7:34 AM, [DE]Helen said:

We don’t have set a date for this change yet, but we’ll keep you posted!

They haven't changed anything yet, that's on your PC not them

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 2018-06-05 at 10:34 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Windows XP, DirectX 9 or a 32-bit operating system

I will consider when i have more option to reduce the amount of visual unneeded eye candy in-game. With the option of lower directx9 soon gone.

On 2018-06-05 at 9:44 AM, Valiant said:

Time to consider upgrading those potatoes and toasters people...

Dual core for life.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

Today I discovered another reason that really reinforces our decision to drop XP support:

Windows 10 (72% of our players yesterday) exposes a simple optimization we can do in our DirectX layer but only if we make a change that would be incompatible with Windows XP (the Windows platform SDK that exposes this optimization is only backwards compatible back to Vista).

Just let me know when you no longer support 7. Otherwise, keep being awesome. 👍