[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes!

WOW..... just keep an eye on this topic/post DE team. Dont abandon your old and various players with low specs.
See how many players are concerned about the increased performance and requirements in the game. Many have played for a long time and will have to leave the game because they have no condition or want to invest in new equipment.
Ok, everything is money mostly in Games and technology needs to evolve ... but the games have a deadline, mainly because they start to require too much of the equipment and most of the time, there are few players that really have a good or great specs equipment for games. If you're a streamer / gamer, okay, you need good equipment, to make your gameplay and stream. But many, if not most, are players with limited resources and equipment, but they do not stop playing or investing in the game because of that.
But if you force the player to buy other equipment to play his game, you can expect that he will abandon the game and look for another viable option to play. I have seen this many, many times in various online games. including me. Veteran players simply quit the game due to excess or mandatory requirements.
Just think that has a lot of online games and if the company resolves to abandon 32bit support and requires DirectX 10/11, it will greatly restrict players beyond giving up several that have been playing for a long long long time. 
Do not be like that and do not do like other companies always do. One of the reasons for the great success of the Warframe is precisely this attention and concern with the players ... everyone deserves to have fun, whether the guy who has a Ferrari or even a Beetle!
PS.: I have a Beetle      ;D

Cheers Tennos (Until when)..........    o/ 

Edited by broderbr
  • Like 1

The issue is that in some cases there is forced spending and forced hassle.

No one likes having a negative platinum and then have support say "you traded from a user that bought platinum form a 3rd party, we have deducted the ammoun from your account and the only option is to purchase platinum to return the account to a positive balance"

You probably can afford 20$, but the fact you are forced to do it is reason enough to upset players.

Same thing here, you can't just say "if you want to play warframe, just buy new hardware", it's obvious that will certainly upset some players to the point they will certainly leave, i even considered doing that, despite being a regular player and one of the best around, luckily i have the hardware and the software to do it, but i already know i will be forced to endure the performance problems that plague warframe users under the 64 bit and dx10

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

Is it even possible to run the game on 32bit Windows without running out of memory?

The Plains hog like ~2GB of RAM.

Edited by Pr1A

4 hours ago, Pr1A said:

Is it even possible to run the game on 32bit Windows without running out of memory?

Right now, almost 4Gb for a minimal performance... and a litle/cheap video card for better gameplay.
Reduce the settings in the game, then you can go. But the graphics remain decent in the game, even at low resolution. Of course, those who have better hardware will certainly have better graphics, but you can play perfectly with low configuration and that's what makes Warframe a spectacular game. But if they start to go up too far the minimum requirements and hardware, then bye bye Warframe ... that's the point here. I even play low, so let's see what happens.
But 2Gb, just to little to play...    😞

Edited by broderbr
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pr1A said:

Yes, altough solo gameplay is recomended, i did a few eidolon hunts, but i often had issues with visual memory instead, mainly because the change to cetus and vice versa load content 1st and save later, so your margin is low and crashes are likely

7 hours ago, KIREEK said:

The issue is that in some cases there is forced spending and forced hassle.

No one likes having a negative platinum and then have support say "you traded from a user that bought platinum form a 3rd party, we have deducted the ammoun from your accoun and the only option is to purchase platinum to return the account to a positive balance"

You probably can afford 20$, but the fact you are forced to do it is reason enough to upset players.

Same thing here, you can't just say "if you want to play warframe, just buy new hardware", it's obvious that will certainly upset some player to the point they will certainly leave, i even considered doing that, despite being a regular player and one of the best around, luckily i have the hardware and the software to do it, but i already know i will be forced to endure the performance problems that plague warframe users under the 64 bit and dx10

Yep man, I myself play with a poor configuration, which for me is incredible, have the opportunity to play Warframe even though I do not have the best hardware ... And I know a lot other players here have the same opinion.
And I have spent / bought Plat 2 times in the game (playing almost 1 month). Not for cosmetics, but for slots and some other features.
Of course the DE team needs money, course (they have bills to pay, employees, servers, etc, etc, etc.)... I'm not even questioning this because I know the job that makes a game of the size of Warframe (I'm designer + programmer) and I think it's more than fair for the player to invest some money in a game that he likes play.
And that's why I ask the DE not to make the same mistake that other big game companies always commit ... leaving their players low specs aside ....

2 hours ago, broderbr said:

Yep man, I myself play with a poor configuration, which for me is incredible, have the opportunity to play Warframe even though I do not have the best hardware ... And I know a lot other players here have the same opinion.
And I have spent / bought Plat 2 times in the game (playing almost 1 month). Not for cosmetics, but for slots and some other features.
Of course the DE team needs money, course (they have bills to pay, employees, servers, etc, etc, etc.)... I'm not even questioning this because I know the job that makes a game of the size of Warframe (I'm designer + programmer) and I think it's more than fair for the player to invest some money in a game that he likes play.
And that's why I ask the DE not to make the same mistake that other big game companies always commit ... leaving their players low specs aside ....

Exactly, not to long ago they replied to a topic regarding the lower specs, older OS systems with "we prefer being inclusive instead of being exclusive" or something similar.

The change is indeed massive, Some OS will not work, dx9 won't work and 32 bit systems won't work, that last one alone is just insane, it will affect many players

Players do not like pay2win games, where certain ingame advantages (similar to batlefront) are behind a paywall, that's exactly what will happen (+-), certain players will need to pay to continue playing content, it's like the destiny 2 dlc, only far worse since it's the entire game.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Upvote 1

Praying and waiting ... Please DE Team, DO NOT abandon us players with low specs, please!

crying-baby.jpg

Edited by broderbr

29 minutes ago, broderbr said:

Praying and waiting ... Please DE Team, DO NOT abandon us players with low specs, please

Ok, lets be real here.. When would be a good time for you for Warframe to let go of an obsolette renderer and OS? Are you going to ever willingly move away from your potatron? And saying "When I have the money" doesnt count, that's just saying "probably not in the forseeable future".

Those playing on outdated systems, do you have ANY intention of upgrading ever? because if DE pushes this away some more time, you will all come back crying about the same thing when that other time comes.

Is there ANY reason to delay this outside of "If you get rid of DX9, I will stop playing"? Because they will get rid of it someday, and then you will just stop playing either way, so what's the point?

Edited by VadiseReikaz
  • Like 1

You guys do realize that DirectX 9 is 16 years old now, right?

They shouldn't allow themselves to be held back by such an old version of the software. Old technology has to be phased out sooner or later.

Edited by Pr1A
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pr1A said:

They shouldn't allow themselves to be held back by such an old version of the software. Old technology has to be phased out sooner or later.

It's works, right?  If you have a 20 years Muscle Car, you going sell just because hes old??? Come on.... The thing here its about money man, not just tech    😉
And i dont ask for not evolve the game, just keep an option for low specs players.... 😉

Edited by broderbr

8 minutes ago, broderbr said:

The thing here its about money man, not just tech    😉

It's about both. If they want this game to stay relevant for another five years, they have to keep up with the competition, not just gameplay-wise but also with the technical side of things. Sooner or later DX9 simply won't be able to hold up with the increased demands.

Edited by Pr1A

1 hour ago, Pr1A said:

By the way kid, i dont have a "potatron", just defending the people to have the right to play without having a super computer ...
It's easy to discriminate when you're in a better position, right? But each person has a reality and you must respect that.
Even because the issue here is not only tech, but money that tech companies have to earn by launching new technologies and forcing you to pay more for it..
Just wake up!   ;D

• Haha 2

With the intended changes, will you also change the minimum display settings like the 800x600 screen resolution?

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

It's about both. If they want this game to stay relevant for five more years, they have to keep up with the competition, not just gameplay-wise but also with the technical side of things. Sooner or later DX9 simply won't be able to hold up with the increased demands.

The sucess here its more about the plan/business model... the tech its just fine, the prove you see in all the years Warframe stay on top games.

6 minutes ago, broderbr said:

By the way kid, i dont have a "potatron", just defending the people to have the right to play without having a super computer ...

DX10 compatible GPU is hardly "a super computer."

Edited by Pr1A
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, broderbr said:

It's easy to discriminate when you're in a better position, right? But each person has a reality and you must respect that.
Even because the issue here is not only tech, but money that tech companies have to earn by launching new technologies and forcing you to pay more for it..
Just wake up!   ;D

You clearly havent read in the previous page that I posted my specs. And if you look them up they belong to a cheap computer. So no "kid", you dont need a supercomputer. You need Windows Vista or above. 4GB of Ram and an R7 250 or similar to play this game. Which you can get for scraps.

And DX9 is an old thing that is being phased out from existance. So is WinXP. Not even Discord supports XP for crying out loud.

But sure, keep making muscle car analogies that dont mean anything in our context. Just because you have a hard on for your XP machine, it doesnt mean that the devs have to dedicate time to maintaining your DX9 compatibility. Time that could be spent actually making the game better in some meaningful way.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Just now, VadiseReikaz said:

You clearly havent read in the previous page that I posted my specs. And if you look them up they belong to a cheap computer. So no "kid", you dont need a supercomputer. You need Windows Vista or above. 4GB of Ram and an R7 250 or similar to play this game. Which you can get for scraps.

And DX9 is an old thing that is being phased out from existance. So is WinXP. Not even Discord supports XP for crying out loud.

But sure, keep making muscle car analogies that dont mean anything in our context. Just because you have a hard on for your XP machine, it doesnt mean that the devs have to dedicate time to maintaining your DX9 compatibility. Time that could be spent actually making the game better in some meaningful way.

Dont be angry kid... and i dont have XP, lol
And i LOVE Muscle Cars and Computers, btw.... 
You pay my bills??? I think not, soooooo, go play your game and have fun, forget about people like me  😉

8 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

DX10 compatible GPU is hardly "a super computer."

"super computer", just a expression in this context man  😉

4 minutes ago, broderbr said:

"super computer", just a expression in this context man  😉

It's an extremely inaccurate expression as DX10 has been around ever since Windows Vista was released.

Edited by Pr1A
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

It's an extremely inaccurate expression as DX10 has been around ever since Windows Vista was released.

I think you're smarter than that, when I say "super computer" is just an expression to describe more modern computers, here in this post context/discussion.
So let's go ahead... 😉

BTW, I'm withdrawing myself from this discussion, because after all, from what I see here, the technology of the game is ok. The main complaint of the players is regarding Content / Quests / Bugs and not technology itself, which by the way Evolution Engine, is fulfilling its role very well.
So let's see how the DE will manage this and see how long Warframe will last, after all, nothing lives forever, especially in the gaming world ... I just hope that Warframe has a long and prosperous life (and that I can play with my notebook, hahahaha)

Have fun people!!!

Cheers Tennos!!!     o/

16 minutes ago, broderbr said:

I think you're smarter than that, when I say "super computer" is just an expression to describe more modern computers, here in this post context/discussion.
So let's go ahead... 😉

Pretty much every GPU since 2007 supports DirectX 10, and I'm pretty sure that GPUs older than that just aren't powerful enough to run the game in the first place. So this change shouldn't really affect anyone at all.

Edited by Pr1A
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

25 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Pretty much every GPU since 2007 supports DirectX 10, and I'm pretty sure that GPUs older than that just aren't powerful enough to run the game in the first place. So this change shouldn't really affect anyone at all.

Considering that the same Nvidia announcements that are forcing DE's hand announced that no GPU older than the 700 series are going to continue being supported going forward; there are far less options without paying more due to miners and being able to play.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

And the 32 bit systems?

And the older OS? Remember, some OS are not that old, but they might be 32 bit.

• Upvote 1