Jump to content
[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Wolfways said:

I said I accept it, but I wouldn't say I'm lucky to have a game I enjoy playing suddenly taken away from me.

it could have been taken away when xp support was dropped by MS.... you've had extra time playing it thanks to DE keeping support as long as they have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-05 at 8:20 AM, curvelo said:

Unfortunettly, if Warframe doesn't support DX9, i can't play the game anymore...

But, i hope you guys keep evolving the game, growing stronger every hotfix and update

Love you DE ❤️ 

save up and buy a PC from like Staples, or Best Buy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZhouDraconis said:

I am poor as hell lol. Just slowly upgrade your pc. If you really want to keep playing.

 

I do, and I would... if not for having no money, and not knowing anything about pc's or knowing anyone who does.

As far as I know I only need to install Win7 64 bit, which I currently own, but I get the feeling there may be other parts that need replaced and I'd have no idea what they would be (other than my graphics card which is ancient).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Senketsu_ said:

save up and buy a PC from like Staples, or Best Buy.

Minimum I can see from them is around $499.99 with an AMD 2400G instead of a dedicated card and around 240 GB SSD. While that would be usable for the game and have an upgrade path later, it still would leave most folk with using Windows 10 with its fun privacy issues; still needing a GPU later, a PSU if upgrading to a Dedicated GPU; and still have to worry about removing the preloaded gunk - but its Windows 10, so it might not really matter at that point. At the $649 to 899 range, you can get a respectable system if windows 10 isn't an issue with a mid range or entry nvidia gpu as well. That is still probably out of a good number of player's budgets; but it is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wolfways said:

I do, and I would... if not for having no money, and not knowing anything about pc's or knowing anyone who does.

As far as I know I only need to install Win7 64 bit, which I currently own, but I get the feeling there may be other parts that need replaced and I'd have no idea what they would be (other than my graphics card which is ancient).

If you describe your system, either here or in PM; players here would likely be more than willing to give advice on upgrade paths and possible tweaks and install tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Urlan said:

If you describe your system, either here or in PM; players here would likely be more than willing to give advice on upgrade paths and possible tweaks and install tips.

From dxdiag:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
4096MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

 

That's the best I can do without further help. I seriously know nothing about PC's 😞

Edited by Wolfways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wolfways said:

From dxdiag:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
4096MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

 

That's the best I can do without further help. I seriously know nothing about PC's 😞

Not a prob, is your system a Desktop computer or laptop if I might ask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Not a prob, is your system a Desktop computer or laptop if I might ask?

Desktop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolfways said:

Desktop

Cool cool, that means we could try to figure some upgrades if possible. If you have steam, you can check its system info or that from the Nvidia control panel if you want. We will need to have an idea of your CPU and if whether you need a different HDD to reinstall your 64 bit or whether you have a different partition or don't mind wiping the contents if need be. The memory will still work for now, but if the motherboard supports it, it could stand to get 8 GB if possible later. We will need to have an idea of the motherboard if possible though. Oh, if your system is originally a Pre-built, you might be able to get the brand and model number so we can look over the innate specs that way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Urlan said:

Not a prob, is your system a Desktop computer or laptop if I might ask?

Your config its fine, but need maybe more 4Giga ram... i updated my notebook from 4Gb to 8Gb, but my video-card its cheap. You have a 1Giga video card, so, helps a lot.
And with 8Giga ram, you need just install Windows 7 64 bit version. Than, have fun!!!! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice to people concerned about the change.

 

Pull out your operating system disc and switch to 64 bit. 

 

Then install the new direct x drivers.

 

There you go...problem solved.

 

And best thing....you still have your direct x 9....so you can still use them for other software.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Urlan said:

Minimum I can see from them is around $499.99 with an AMD 2400G instead of a dedicated card and around 240 GB SSD. While that would be usable for the game and have an upgrade path later, it still would leave most folk with using Windows 10 with its fun privacy issues; still needing a GPU later, a PSU if upgrading to a Dedicated GPU; and still have to worry about removing the preloaded gunk - but its Windows 10, so it might not really matter at that point. At the $649 to 899 range, you can get a respectable system if windows 10 isn't an issue with a mid range or entry nvidia gpu as well. That is still probably out of a good number of player's budgets; but it is what it is.

W10 isnt an issue really. Ive been using it ever since it came out and have had no issues what so ever

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can probably find someone else's old gaming PC on ebay, craigslist, or some other local site for a reasonable cost if money is just too tight even for a $600 budget gaming pc.

this has been coming for a long while and if you've got a 10 year old PC, you probably have known that for at least half of those years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Urlan said:

Cool cool, that means we could try to figure some upgrades if possible. If you have steam, you can check its system info or that from the Nvidia control panel if you want. We will need to have an idea of your CPU and if whether you need a different HDD to reinstall your 64 bit or whether you have a different partition or don't mind wiping the contents if need be. The memory will still work for now, but if the motherboard supports it, it could stand to get 8 GB if possible later. We will need to have an idea of the motherboard if possible though. Oh, if your system is originally a Pre-built, you might be able to get the brand and model number so we can look over the innate specs that way!

So...see where I said I know nothing about PC's? 😛

 

CPU: Intel core i5

HDD: SCSI ??? (not sure how to find the info)

Motherboard: P55M-UD2

 

I'm so lost here, and my daughter is helping. Is this what you need?

Thanks for helping 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-05 at 6:53 PM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

This. Plains doesn't lag at all, but certain Earth tiles just swallow frames.

plains doesnt lagg at all LOL

 

i drop like 50 frames when there compared to like every other place i can go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-06 at 12:13 PM, .Raf said:

I think this is a logical step forward, the only issue is that my computer runs a decent bit hot, and I've been using the program Hialgo Chill, which does a great job at lowering the draw/heat. Only problem, it's DX9 only.

whatever that application is, all it could possibly be doing is forcing your hardware to run at reduced Clock Speeds or to limit Framerate - limiting Framerate is something you can easily do right from your Video Drivers!

if a legacy ATI/AMD system that's using Catalyst Drivers: Radeon Pro
if a more modern ATI/AMD system that's running any of the names they've been using after no longer calling it Catalyst: built right into the Settings panel for the Video Drivers!
if an Nvidia based system: Nvidia Inspector

each of these options can do the same basic thing (as well as many other controls, but we're looking for just one here) - control Framerates. you can force any 3D Application to limit to whatever Framerate you want.
this will cover controlling Thermals for your system.

On 2018-06-08 at 8:45 AM, Pr1A said:

Is it even possible to run the game on 32bit Windows without running out of memory?
The Plains hog like ~2GB of RAM.

yes, mostly due to Digital Extremes having been extremely adept at trimming every Kilobyte of unneeded memory from runtime to keep 32-Bit systems from running into out of memory crashes constantly (and instead only once in a while). much, much effort put into finding and taking advantage of every possible memory optimization that can be found.
things you wouldn't do for 64-bit Applications, as while you obviously want to be efficient and not waste resources, at the same time a few Megabytes is quite insignificant and can be ignored.

On 2018-06-08 at 1:46 PM, KIREEK said:

and 32 bit systems won't work, that last one alone is just insane, it will affect many players

 

On 2018-06-08 at 5:40 PM, KIREEK said:

And the 32 bit systems?

And the older OS? Remember, some OS are not that old, but they might be 32 bit.

any systems that are running a 32-Bit Operating System that only support 32-Bit Operating Systems and not 64-Bit Operating Systems, literally would be unable to run Warframe in the first place.
if you can run Warframe at all, your system supports 64-Bit Operating Systems.

so if one's system can already play Warframe, the solution for them is to install a 64-Bit version of the Operating System they are using, which they should have done in the first place. as 32-Bit Operating Systems have been objectively the wrong thing to install for many years. because the only reason to have a 32-Bit Operating System is for 16-Bit Application support and there are few people that are looking for that (though i recognize that as a valid reason to use 32-Bit Operating Systems).

On 2018-06-08 at 5:26 PM, Urlan said:

Considering that the same Nvidia announcements that are forcing DE's hand announced that no GPU older than the 700 series are going to continue being supported going forward; there are far less options without paying more due to miners and being able to play.

support for older GPU's is still in play, Kepler will still be supported, so that would be GTX600 as the cutoff.
but that doesn't mean the GPU's before that won't work in games. only that they aren't going to work so well in brand new games(there won't be any change in games that came out before or by the last Driver version those models receive).
GPU's can still run games that they don't have tuned Driver profiles for - they'll just usually do so at reduced performance (how reduced being a diceroll).
depending on what the Driver profiling for a game on a GPU would end up being, you could even technically setup the Driver profiling yourself through trial and error. though you'd be testing thousands and thousands of permutations of Driver settings, so it's not very practical.

 

 

 

On 2018-06-09 at 5:47 PM, Czin said:

I guess the cost of living in the USA must be really high, if your low-paying jobs need to pay that much to keep kids coming back to work at fast food chains. I mean one thing is to be working a low paying job and have no real expenses or monthly bills, but that is an even smaller percentage.

always gotta remember that income and expenses are integrally tied with each other - countries tune this pretty precisely. if the average income of your citizens is very high or very low, to retain relative value of something a citizen might buy, it has to be priced accordingly.
so that amount of currency might be a lot if you convert it directly to your local currency, but you must remember that this person lives in a different location as you, and so costs aren't the same.
suffice to say that $1000 USD/month isn't a lot relative to the costs here. it's enough to afford a place to live, utilities, 

1 hour ago, Wolfways said:

So...see where I said I know nothing about PC's? 😛

CPU: Intel core i5
HDD: SCSI ??? (not sure how to find the info)
Motherboard: P55M-UD2
(w7 32-Bit; 4GB Memory; GT240)

I'm so lost here, and my daughter is helping. Is this what you need?

ah, while that's not exact information, it's enough to determine what generation it's from. while certainly aging, it's still completely supported by Warframe.
LGA1156 and GTX200 aren't what i would recommend one to have performance wise, but it will remain being supported by Warframe, if that's all you're concerned about.

so yeah if Warframe support is all that matters, installing a 64-Bit Operating System is all you need to do. though i would recommend looking for more recent used hardware, the performance difference would be quite massive in most cases!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this in any way related to why I've gone from 60fps to 20fps on my laptop? I get it - laptops aren't gaming machines (except mine is in technicality, or at least that's how it's advertised) - but have the requirements really gone up that much?

Edited by Gnohme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnohme said:

Is this in any way related to why I've gone from 60fps to 20fps on my laptop? I get it - laptops aren't gaming machines (except mine is in technicality, or at least that's how it's advertised) - but have the requirements really gone up that much?

This update didn't drop yet but it doesn't mean something wasn't broken on the way.

Anyway, unless you really need laptop, you should never buy 'gaming' laptops, and even then you should consider buying both desktop and laptop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gnohme said:

Is this in any way related to why I've gone from 60fps to 20fps on my laptop? I get it - laptops aren't gaming machines (except mine is in technicality, or at least that's how it's advertised) - but have the requirements really gone up that much?

If you are on a gaming laptop, chances are the new version of the game was not picked up by the GPU atuo-select, and you are gaming on the integrated graphics. 

Go in your settings and change the Warframe64.exe setting from auto-select to the dedicated GPU. 

-----

This is a very welcome change. Eventually the toasters would have to be left behind. IMO it could have happened years ago, when Windows XP reached EOL. 

Good times ahead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gnohme said:

Is this in any way related to why I've gone from 60fps to 20fps on my laptop? I get it - laptops aren't gaming machines (except mine is in technicality, or at least that's how it's advertised) - but have the requirements really gone up that much?

I've had the same FPS on an iGPU that I've had a year and a half ago. It could be that your fans are old and underperforming mate. Install MSI Afterburner and monitor your CPU and GPU thermal readings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay patient and wait it.. Dun rage on small issue like this and act like human and think mature....Perfect need time and they said aim for this week, at least they told us the news rather let us wait nothing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-13 at 1:45 AM, Urlan said:

Minimum I can see from them is around $499.99 with an AMD 2400G instead of a dedicated card and around 240 GB SSD. While that would be usable for the game and have an upgrade path later, it still would leave most folk with using Windows 10 with its fun privacy issues; still needing a GPU later, a PSU if upgrading to a Dedicated GPU; and still have to worry about removing the preloaded gunk - but its Windows 10, so it might not really matter at that point. At the $649 to 899 range, you can get a respectable system if windows 10 isn't an issue with a mid range or entry nvidia gpu as well. That is still probably out of a good number of player's budgets; but it is what it is.

There are ways to block at lot fo the telemetry and privacy invasion issues windows 10 has. I'd look up spybot's anti-beacon. That being said microsof twill eventually have to update their privacy terms to uphold the gdpr and you cna actually back out of information being sent without it denying you access because its not applied to the terms.

 

I'm sure eventually breach of the GDPR and them still sharing your info would provide grounds for a lawsuit too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-13 at 10:04 AM, Praxxor said:

I've had the same FPS on an iGPU that I've had a year and a half ago. It could be that your fans are old and underperforming mate. Install MSI Afterburner and monitor your CPU and GPU thermal readings.

Well I haven't tried a mission yet but I just went and checked and my temperatures were hovering around 50 degrees celsius across the board when standing in the orbiter. I think this is mostly normal? I'm sure a more comprehensive test would be doing a mission but to be honest I cannot endure the headache inducing performance right now I'll try later if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...