Jump to content
[DE]Helen

PSA: Minimum Supported Specs Changes!

Recommended Posts

In time when 64bit operating system is almost everywhere and 8 GB RAM is less than mainstream, still someone crying about games not running well on dual core and 2GB RAM..

Guys, time to wake up, you cant stop progress

  • Like 2
  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-08-05 at 1:39 PM, Myscho said:

Guys, time to wake up, you cant stop progress

For some reason this reminded me of that: We didn't start the fire, It was always burning, Since the world's been turning...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-08-05 at 3:39 AM, Myscho said:

In time when 64bit operating system is almost everywhere and 8 GB RAM is less than mainstream, still someone crying about games not running well on dual core and 2GB RAM..

Guys, time to wake up, you cant stop progress

This will always be a thing, sadly. People want to hang onto their 5 and 7 year old potatoes that may have been hot S#&$ back when they were new. People gripe about it in virtual worlds, and it comes as no surprise they're griping about it here. Devs just gotta keep pushing forward no matter how much outrage over Jimmy's 20 year old PC happens to occur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey you wonderful people,Im new in this game(13rank) and I like game very much,and my PC is not that strong and I know that,so I was wondering if you guys know will I be able to play game after those changes

Windows 7 64-bit

4gb ram

Gtx 220 nvidia

3ghz 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-09-03 at 7:14 PM, whiteleon13 said:

Hey you wonderful people,Im new in this game(13rank) and I like game very much,and my PC is not that strong and I know that,so I was wondering if you guys know will I be able to play game after those changes 

Windows 7 64-bit

4gb ram

Gtx 220 nvidia 

3ghz 

Thanks.

Bit late reply, while you likely technically fit the required specs mentioned in the opening post I would suggest an upgrade to the gpu (your fps must be shockingly bad as it is) and maybe the ram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fine with dropping support of DirectX 9 anytime now.

But, keep 32 bit available for longer. At the time of this reply, 32 bit Warframe gives me faster FPS compared to 64 bit, mostly in 4 player squads. I really want to see 64 bit speed up to go higher FPS then 32 bit.

Windows 10 64 bit, intel i7-2600, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GT 1030 2GB GDDR5, Samsung SSD 850 Evo 1TB

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atleast if you are removing dx9 give us more options to turn the eye candy off in dx10. Your settings are not very changeable as it stands.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run around 40 - 50 fps which isn't bad on my laptop and that's with dx10 dx11 but I can't join any multiplayer games I get matchmaking errors every single time.

The only solution is to disable dx10 and 11 this is the only way I can play multiplayer.

I know i'm not the only one that has this problem there's probably hundreds if not thousands so my question is will there be a fix for this before you all end dx9 support?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is for you poor people stuck on old versions of XP, or you poor people stuck on Windows 10, and all the poor people stuck on any Windows, Linux is free.

The game runs really well on Linux using DXVK, (a DX11 to Vulkan translation layer). There is currently a sound bug where we use the 32 bit version to start as a workaround, but it still runs 64 bit when it actually runs. This makes Vallis crash the game the second time you go there. So it works, with a caveat that came with the Fortuna update.

This is being worked on by people smarter than me though. No guarantees. But Linux will probably be a perfectly viable alternative in the future as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlveKatt said:

This is for you poor people stuck on old versions of XP, or you poor people stuck on Windows 10, and all the poor people stuck on any Windows, Linux is free.

The game runs really well on Linux using DXVK, (a DX11 to Vulkan translation layer). There is currently a sound bug where we use the 32 bit version to start as a workaround, but it still runs 64 bit when it actually runs. This makes Vallis crash the game the second time you go there. So it works, with a caveat that came with the Fortuna update.

This is being worked on by people smarter than me though. No guarantees. But Linux will probably be a perfectly viable alternative in the future as well.

Sounds promising, I hope the LInux community can continue to make such strides in helping players not require particular OS to keep their software able to run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then implement latest opengl, i have dx9/10 problem after reinstalling windows and can't exactly afford to do what needs to be done to fix it now, i've donated about 44$ and that's not a small amount for where i live, i think as a paying customer i deserve to have acess to content i have paid for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue has been solved now by the way. I think a Lutris script with the fix isn't very far off.

On 2018-11-09 at 3:40 PM, AlveKatt said:

This is for you poor people stuck on old versions of XP, or you poor people stuck on Windows 10, and all the poor people stuck on any Windows, Linux is free.

The game runs really well on Linux using DXVK, (a DX11 to Vulkan translation layer). There is currently a sound bug where we use the 32 bit version to start as a workaround, but it still runs 64 bit when it actually runs. This makes Vallis crash the game the second time you go there. So it works, with a caveat that came with the Fortuna update.

This is being worked on by people smarter than me though. No guarantees. But Linux will probably be a perfectly viable alternative in the future as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-11 at 11:11 AM, GodOfDarkneSSS said:

Then implement latest opengl, i have dx9/10 problem after reinstalling windows and can't exactly afford to do what needs to be done to fix it now, i've donated about 44$ and that's not a small amount for where i live, i think as a paying customer i deserve to have acess to content i have paid for.

Why would they use an API that other big developers are abandoning in favor of Vulkan?

 

Edited by Pr1A
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait what i have gtx 1050 and its not even 1 year used but why is my directx 10 and 11 are lock ..... but in other games i can run directx 10 and 11 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows XP 32 bits is already at 0.11% of Steam Survey. 
Windows 7 32 bits is at 1.61%
Windows 10 32 bits (the horror) 0.38%.

On top of it, Steam has already depreciated Windows XP 32 bits and will outright refuse to update and install on that platform since 2019.

It's high time Warframe follows up and depreciate Windows XP and 32 bits support. 

Should have happened when Fortuna was released, but anyway...

Just bundle it up with the next big update - Railjack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i3 550 3.2gz

8 gb ram

geforce 970 4gb

well, 16 fps in spider boss fight is funny. 😞 On eidolons things were much better. sadly game asks too much nowadays...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh well, I hope the best for the game!

Edited by Drakve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...