[DE]Megan

XB1 Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.20.6 (+Hotfixes)

Update, restart┬ámy Xbox, start game, on first screen for few seconds then back to xbox menu.┬á I did several hard resets and it continues to happen. After the┬á update I can't┬ástart the game. ­čśö

Well done with the new UI change DE! ­čĹŹ and the option to change the sensitivity too, love it. Seeing some dislikes with it.. but after only a few hours using it lol it'll quickly grow on most players.

• Woah 2

Love the update but please revert the free moving cursor back to the fixed one, its slow and really annoying to use on consoles. Or give us a choice between the modes for those who like it (but a cursor movement sensitivity slider would be nice).

• Upvote 4

Hiya. 

Loving the new UI and particle addition to the game. I don't normally message here for anything. but something is bugging me now. 

The lighting effect on skin and operator armor, makes my character look like they've just been through a spa treatment, and have had their body covered in oil.   

(the textures are more glassy / shiny than it looked before the big update) 

UI´╗┐´╗┐┬árework´╗┐´╗┐┬áis horrible for console.┬áthe new´╗┐´╗┐´╗┐┬ácursor movement is horrible and is making us use it in arsenal and chat is just to slow and time cons´╗┐uming ,┬á´╗┐´╗┐scrolling slow , clicking fast.´╗┐´╗┐´╗┐ take in consideration that in PC is easier to user cursor because they have a mouse. Implement new UI cursor in screens that only needs it else you will have lots of players leaving. Keep the old UI for Arsenal, chat, and Foundry. give us the option to choose....

• Upvote 5

new UI is working well.   .. the Shortcuts on the arsenal though are a troublesome loss. having those back would be great.   the way the right stick works to scroll is excellent and the way the mod selection works with the click and drag along with the D-pad is logical and smooth. the zoom effect on the navigation is a little odd, and for now, I'm using the old way of just clicking on a planet, but being able to slowly zoom into a planet is cool. the general re work is quite nice on the eyes.  no flashy options,  clear text it's nice.  those having trouble with the new system may get used to it in a short amount of time. it's not complicated and it does actually seem useable once you get the hang of it.  I still find the glassy/shiny skin effect to be odd before skin looked like skin, now it looks strange and shiny. hope that can be put back.   overall a great update. 

Those of you having trouble with the new system, just give it time. as you figure out the new layout it all seems to work well.  except for the arsenal shortcuts those I would really like to see return. 

I'm all for everything in this update, except for the new UI Cursor.   In my honest opinion it's terrible.

With respect to DE I can appreciate them trying to make the user experience more efficient. However speaking critically of their decision to incorporate this, primarily PC focused, navigational tool I have to say it's profoundly impeding upon players and simply doesn't work well when using a handheld controller.

Having to use both analog sticks to co-ordinate a single cursor (which for the most part is difficult to locate due to it's size, shape and colour) is very detrimental to the efficiency of a players ability to navigate menus effectively. Which begs the question as to why DE would believe this would be in any way an improvement over the existing method?

If this feature were optional, I would have no complaints. However being forced to use this, quite frankly awkward and unenjoyable, mechanic is simply makes the game anti-user friendly and difficult to adjust to. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Everything in this update is great, except for the new cursor on console. It's clunky, annoying and I don't like how I have to press A twice when I want to equip something. Could you go back to the system that was working just fine?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Oddity92 said:

I'm all for everything in this update, except for the new UI Cursor.   In my honest opinion it's terrible.

With respect to DE I can appreciate them trying to make the user experience more efficient. However speaking critically of their decision to incorporate this, primarily PC focused, navigational tool I have to say it's profoundly impeding upon players and simply doesn't work well when using a handheld controller.

Having to use both analog sticks to co-ordinate a single cursor (which for the most part is difficult to locate due to it's size, shape and colour) is very detrimental to the efficiency of a players ability to navigate menus effectively. Which begs the question as to why DE would believe this would be in any way an improvement over the existing method?

If this feature were optional, I would have no complaints. However being forced to use this, quite frankly awkward and unenjoyable, mechanic is simply makes the game anti-user friendly and difficult to adjust to. 

In addition to everything I have stated in this previous post, I have also found it stressful and incredibly difficult to do any form of customisation.

Whilst attempting to 'fashion-frame' I would go into the colour palettes, then my Favourites, apply a new colour and use the controllers triggers to rotate my warframe so I could see how the colours look on it. Now though with this new absurd navigational system every time I go to press the trigger to rotate my warframe I end up removing my colours from my favourites. So I have to spend most of my time using these awful controls to go back through most of my palettes to find and restore the colours in my favourites.

Furthermore, selecting loadouts is proving a hassle too, with having to spend a ridiculous amount of time equipping your warframe and weapons. The existing, WORKING system, only had you press a single button to access a submenu in the Arsenal and a single button press to equip a given item. However now DE have essentially removed all the menus shortcuts, not only do you have to spend time scrolling using both analog sticks to co-ordinate your curser, but also you have to highlight the thing you want to equip, press a button to select it and then press that same button a second time (without prompting that a this second press is required) to actually equip the item.

IT'S ABSURD!   WHY ON EARTH DOES THE NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM HAVE TO BE THIS LONG-WINDED! 

Who in their supposedly right mind thought this was a good idea for a console update? Sure, this way works great for PC users with mouse-controls, but seriously... This kind of thing goes against the entire point of using a controller.

• Applause 3

Posted (edited)

I for one am in favor of the new UI but can understand why some people donÔÇÖt like it.┬á

However, is it just me or is it harder to find games. For instance, in my small hour of gameplay I could NOT find a game with a squad and then had a hard time finding one on hydron to level up my new Trinity prime(thanks btw I love it). It may just be me or the population was low, but this was my experience. 

Once again, I do like the new UI and will leave a review on the feedback page, but for now I will say some aspects of it are a little awkward. The navigation system has been slowed down tremendously and choosing between the equip, appearance, and upgrade options are extremely tedious and here I would much rather prefer the old system. Also, seeing how colors look on warframes and weapons has gotten much harder since you have to move the cursor all the way over to the Warframe, rotate it, then choose the color. 

Edited by (XB1)FawnKinkajou27

I am not a fan of cursor based interfaces to begin with, even on Windows I tend to use keyboard shortcuts before clicking something if I have the option. That being said, there are exceptions; Doom 3 had a neat system, and a couple others I can't think to name where the cursor auto-centered when releasing the stick. Because of that I genuinely tried to give this a chance.

I play Warframe on every system. I slack on the PC version because I rarely mod my equipment because the interface is a hassle even with a mouse and keyboard. With the new controller fixes I've been more willing to play, but still missed the shortcut keys - especially for the arsenal screen. The only thing I really liked was being able to zoom in and out freely on the starmap.

Now the controls are on console, and they feel worse than they did on PC. What's worse, they removed functionality of pretty much every shortcut key, added cursors to screens that have no use for them, and not even given an option to revert as was done with some experimental controls in the past. Even the starmap feels broken, and it already had the cursor!

I had thought the D-pad was going to be enabled with the original left stick functionality while the left stick became the cursor, instead the console interface was simply stripped entirely and replaced with a meticulously flawed PC interface.

I'm hoping it will work better with the new UI that's yet to come, but I doubt it. Dragging and dropping mods or pointing and clicking buttons will never be practical with a controller designed for twitch reflexes.

• Upvote 1

To DE 

I've declared this update a failure on your behalf. The implementation of a new UI for the console platforms of Warframe was unnecessary and has only created backlash because of it. Alongside the changes to the UI you have broken additional parts of the game. As an example I play without using the <power_menu> and play with the old system you designed before update 15 where we used the d-pad to cycle through abilities. From this change you have done to the fishing UI in the Plains of Eidolon without having a power menu binded I am now forced to only having one spear equiped as I can no longer access my other fishing spears. 

Additionally, this update featured changes to Khora in particular, Venari. With the changes that Venari has received it would appear that Venari's heal is now bugged and will only heal the players if they are within extremely close proximity of Venari. I've tested this with range mods and the results are the same.  

Furthermore, the new UI that has been shipped with this update has created only additional issues for applying mods, customising in the arsenal, using relics, and additional other problems as well. 

I strongly recommend that DE recalls this update should such a process exist and work alongside the console players to create a UI experience they are willing to use and enjoy instead dropping a poorly optimised UI to the game that offers less features than the previously existing one. 

Please consider this feedback constructively. Thankyou for reading this post.

From a Console Tenno of 4 years

• Upvote 2

Well i hope when u "look at feedback" u realize u have about 3 pages of almost purely the same opinion n act accordingly. I came here to state how much i hate the ui changes and cursor, but after upvoting at least one or two dozen other posts saying the same thing, i dont think i need to.

• Upvote 1

Getting navigation meant for a mouse when there was already perfectly good Xbox controller navigation feels like a real downgrade and the weirdest of unforced errors. I can't imagine how anyone thought it was an improvement.

Also, since the update I'm getting increased motion blur or lag, even in solo.

Worse navigation I can live with; worse gameplay I cannot. Hoping for improvements on both fronts.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XB1)Sedit This said:

All I want to that is, who thought a PC UI was a good idea on a console that doesn't support keyboard/mouse input? This new UI takes too long to navigate and is clunky with a controller.

are you sure about that? Mouse and keyboard work just fine on my XB1X and XB1S

10 hours ago, (XB1)IAmSloots said:

Take the bloody cursor out, it is the WORST, almost as bad as 9/11

Have some respect for yourself and those who we lost: delete your post!