Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Is there any reason that the Dualshock 4's trackpad isn't being used for moving the cursor? It could make accurate movements more quick than dragging the thumbstick around. Apart from this the click and drag functionality of the new modding interface, while simpler to understand feels more difficult with the virtual cursor since I need to juggle inputs between scrolling between the mods with the right stick, moving the cursor with the left stick and selecting (pinching) the mod I want to select with the face buttons. I would much rather have the old click and swap functionality previous to this.

• Like 1

Honestly i like the new Cursor and when the new interface changes drop with will show as to why its needed saying that i am  gonna miss the simplifying of the old way of changing your loadout in your arsenal its gonna take a while to get used to Yes i feel in time people will come to see the benefits this adds not only to user accessibility but also having a sleek interface, lets be honest with soo many options added every few updates in terms of options where avoiding a massive long term potential issue. Too many clustered panels clogging up the UI interface and overall just making Warframe sleek in design, just my two cents on the Topic. ❤️

I don’t think I feel comfortable playing Warframe with these menu UI and cursor changes in effect. These changes are not optimized and/or meant for controller support. Again I say this, @[DE]Steve and @[DE]Rebecca, I’m not a fan and I simply hate all of this.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you have quite literally nerfed Fashionframe. That’s a very harsh judgment call on my end, and I hope you know the weight and severity in which I make this claim. This is all a terrible update to what was not broken before, and it required no fixing or changing before this came to certification for consoles.

I wholeheartedly and simply cannot support the new virtual cursor UI update. I can’t play Warframe if this is going to stay.

This current UI is in no way shape or form optimized for controllers, it is ineffective in the aspect of speed and efficiency. I do not understand where or why a UI change like this was warranted or asked/ begged for, this is a mouse and keyboard UI and how anyone would think efficiency would be the same is very brave. Furthermore,  though the ability to reconnect after disconnect due to error should not be used an an excuse or crutch for an update that has adversely affected server connections between friends and others that play regularly. I feel that the UI change should be removed from console immediately, not in a future update.I have read numerous posts today know for a fact that I am not the only one who feels this way. Please remove the UI aspect of this update which attempted to fix something which was in no way broken. DE, I say the following as point of fact NOT AS A THREAT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, to be clear... these comments will not stop until, you have banned anyone who speaks out about the update, the update is undone, or an option on console to revert to the previous UI for controllers is applied. I only hope you act with haste instead of sloth.

Sorry to say, the “virtual cursor” is totally off-putting on console. A “cursor” is a defining characteristic of pc gaming and if I wanted to use a mouse, which it feels like right now, I would go play on PC. 

The old interface worked so well and felt so much smoother, albeit we all were used to it and while I’m not against change at all, we need to be able to turn it off. 

Not all of us want to try and pretend we are pc players. Some of us prefer ease of access and some of us like the feeling of a controller over a mouse. 

If there is supposed to be a more integrated purpose for this change  like functionality with the new UI coming down the pipe, this should not have been released essentially half baked, without the proper connecting tissue to UI3.0. 

Im afraid this entire update is a disappointment so far and I haven’t even been able to attempt to enjoy Saryn or the particle effects yet. 

• Like 1

I find it funny that the only things DE has even commented on fixing for this monkey flung UI is some jenky D-pad stuff. The whole UI is garbage, I have an Xbox One that I use for gaming, no keyboard or mouse support on it, so why am I being forced to use a keyboard/mouse UI? Seriously DE, tell your employees that its ok to fart while at work, it might prevent the build of of noxious gases in the brain that caused this disaster.

• Like 2

Not only are the UI changes bad - as was noted extensively on PC when it was introduced - it is FAR worse than the old navigation.

In addition to that, bugs that exist on PC where you simply cannot select certain menu items with the controller and have to use the mouse were ported over meaning that since we have no mouse - we can't select them AT ALL.  For example, I can't change warframe configurations at all. not by cursor, not by RB/LB nothing.

D-pad functionality is far more limited than it was before

Hot keys like Y to equip, X to mod have been removed.

Horrible design choices and makes some aspects of the game unplayable (not hyperbole - actually cannot select menu items, change configurations, etc)

• Like 1

If you remember, the reason for the cursor in game is to start making progress towards Mouse and Keyboard support for consoles. I myself haven't tried it yet, but anything that starts that road is something I'll work with. But most people here are right. You need to not overreact my man. Take a breath. Constructive feedback, OP. Just being a manchild about something isn't going magically gonna reverse it. 

I don't want to make another threat about so i hope they just make this one the official one. This makes the game uncomfortable for all aspects outside of the gameplay mission. Honestly, it feels like S#&$. Whose idea was this? the menu options are too uncomfortable. It truly feels like a downgrade. CHANGE IT BACK!

• Like 2

I really wish my first post on these forums would be to sing the praises of this game, but I have to agree. Everything is slower than molasses and there was literally no reason to change any of it (from what I know). Removing shortcuts...why? It literally does nothing but slow us down. Even changing colours on a frame is a huge chore compare to how it was before.

• Like 3

So a couple of UI improvements for the arsenal I suggest: 

The most common thing I want to do when accessing the arsenal is changing my equipment, the old input was simply to hover over the large tile in the blue and press x/A, now we have to move the cursor over the really small tile in the red circle and select it. Being able to change items by moving the cursor over the large tile would make changing equipment much faster.

3Ji5BPb.jpg

Another thing is that menu navigation is much slower, when I scroll down to the bottom of a list repeated moving of the cursor/dpad move off the list instead of scrolling down and I need to use the right stick to scroll down, which increases the displacement again from the cursor to an item I want to equip, I would much rather have the dpad scroll down like it used to.

o8KUMqy.jpg

(Copy/pasted my reply to the original pc megathead, because maybe this is a more appropriate pace for it)

Trying out this "improved" UI on XB1, and I have to say it feels like it was designed by someone with no experience of playing with a controller, and no interest in researching it.  It's slower, clunkier and less intuitive than what we had before - and no, it isn't just a case of needing to retrain muscle memory.

D-pad functionality is limited, for example - trying to select a syandana, I can tap down on my dpad.... until I get to the third one down, then I apparently need to scroll down with the right stick before I can use the dpad  again. I can rotate the character model with the right stick, but only if the cursor is hovering near it, not when it's on the syandanas. Same with choosing colours.

Attempting to mod or recolour is clunky - previously tapping X got me to modding, Y got me to recolouring: one button press. This was simple and intuitive. Now it's a case of "tap right, and then tap one or two more times to get to the option you wanted, depending on where the cursor was located before tapping the dpad." The face buttons made much more sense, and adding extra button presses is stupid.

The mod station's "sort by" dropdown menu... ugh. Press Y to get into the menu, fine. Wait for the cursor to glide over. Want to tap the dpad to get to "duplicates"? The cursor misses "duplicates" and lands on a mod instead. Tap up again to get to duplicates. 

Having to drag mods into their slot feels slow and clumsy, and having to drag them back out and into the mod pile instead of just tapping "Y" to remove them is a very backward step.

Mouse emulation on a controller is a bad idea. It's always a bad idea. Navigating menus with a thumbstick is horrible. You have four face buttons and a dpad, make efficient use of them for god's sake. Seriously, we're using a controller, please stop trying to make it act like a mouse. 

I saw on Steve's Twitter that someone asked for an option to use the old controls, and his response was along the lines of "that won't happen, but we hope the new UI themes will make up for it". Sorry Steve, but a fancier looking UI is irrelevant if the means of navigating it is horrible..

Honestly, I don't know why you're so desperate to push this unfinished-feeling mess onto us now, when the new UI (which apparently NEEDS this shoddy control method in order to work) isn't even out, but please - revert this lousy UI change, or give us the option to use the old one, like you eventually did with Archwing controls. 

I really don't know what you were trying to do with this new controller setup, and it feels like you don't either.

Edited 2 hours ago by (XB1)DS Monkfish

Edited by (XB1)DS Monkfish
  • Like 1

I went into the game today and taught a prize for 850 days, I think interesting what else will bring an update, and here such an uncomfortable interface that even such an interesting game to throw to the rollback of the old version wanted. Well, if you do not roll back, you'll have to throw the game into the warframe (it's too long and so on the PC4 all loaded, but here until you come and meaning will no longer play) I really hope for positive changes and while I forgive the warframe I can not spoil you all the nerves with this cursor. PS if I needed a cursor, I would have switched to PC.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

You guys are driving the monkey crazy

7 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Poor monkey. 

Crazy? Me? Never.

I blame alcohol. So drunk I'm slurring my words online...

(Anyone buying it?)

The cursor sucks. This is a console. I use a controller, not a mouse and keyboard. At the very least, like everyone else is saying, make it optional. I abhor it. I want ease of use, not extra work. Every menu, everything in the arsenal, modding, etc... it's all a lot more difficult and time-consuming. All the buttons I've been conditioned to use for everything don't work anymore. It makes me not want to play.
What the actual f is that navigation. Just breathing on the right stick flies you into next century. Not cool. If nothing else, tone down the sensitivity by like a million miles or add an option to change said sensitivity.
The colors are way too high in saturation/contrast. I can no longer see all the details on my frames because of the lighting and color changes. REALLY not cool. One of the things I loved was being able to admire the details and such. Also, the lighting in the dojo makes everything in the gardens and such look plastic. Was there really no way to have made things crisper and such WITHOUT messing up the color/lighting?
I hate that all the 'L2' and other button graphics are black and white with thin lines. It looks flat compared to everything. It really doesn't fit the aesthetic of everything else.

So, what exactly was the point in changing all of these things?

On the up-side, I like the particle effects. They're cool.

• Like 2

Like others have said this UI update is bad and not needed. this is console not pc.

IF for whatever reason this is going to stay, we need an option to disable the cursor
and Please bring back arsenal shortcuts.  trying to change warframes / color anything is so frustrating now.

• Like 1

Why am I not playing Warframe?, oh thats right some bright spark has killed the control system. first time ive been on this forum, usually to busy playing warframe. but here I am. MR 18 nearly 19, will get a booster next day i log in, but cant waste it while the control system is soooooo messed up. how is this a good thing? please change it back or at least give me the chance to choose which system to use. the old one.

• Like 1

Don't care for the "pc" UI on xbox one.....pls revert back..Why are u trying to incorporate pc ui on a console.....makes zero sense...leave the pc ui to the pc...they could have spent the time coding to make the game better other than give us pc options...dont want it one bit.......