Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Still nothing back about the stack issue? If you guys are trying to unify CONSOLES and PC maybe should start with cross-platform play and ability to use our saves on both, or would that hurt your ability to double dip on consumers wallets? Also cant D Pad up to names have to still use Cursor to select leave team. Just when im starting to like the game again after unmatched stress of grinding for khora, this update happened the ui is the biggest issue.

Edited by (XB1)gentxskynet

19 hours ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

How many months of feature/content drought would people be willing to give up to get this request in?

All of it. I'd even sacrifice The Sacrifice entirely to get rid of this CURSE. I just want to be able to play the game

My input device has a bit of stick drift. In this case, i am unable to select a mission due to the right stick being used to zoom out on the star chart. When i click a planet, the game immediately zooms out making it impossible for me to pick a mission.

To correct this, please, please either disable right stick to zoom on the star chart (it serves no purpose), or let me disable it as an option. Its crippling for me. "Literally unplayable" is a joke phrase in gaming but it actually applies in this case...

I mainly play using remote play on the ps vita and the ps vita is discontinued so i can't "just get a new one". Also many friends who have controllers with a bit of stick drift have the same problem.

Please see the video example here : 

Edited by (PS4)RedKain243
  • Like 1

lmao I swear, if it wasn't for the color scheme and the fact that I know I'm not on the nexus forums, I'd swear I was with the amount of *@##$ing being done over a patch and the threats of, "I'm taking my marbles and going home!" 

Seriously, let me explain how things work to you kids, from someone who has sat on the sidelines and watched internecine (that means something destructive to both sides of an argument) strife rip through the Nexus over the implementation of their new mod manager system. Same thing happened there: people complaining because they don't like change, people complaining because they feel entitled, and people complaining just to complain or troll. The end result was a lot of unnecessary bitterness and butt-hurting among modders stuck in their closed-minded mentality. 

DE's response time to our concerns and bug posts is nothing short of stunning in the world of MMOs. Not even Robin over on Nexus is capable of moving that fast (though to be fair, he is managing a rather unruly group of players/modders). 

My only feedback to DE would be simply to change the cursor to the style that is on the PC. It's a smaller arrow, and moves a lot faster in response to the your mouse. Also, make it auto fade when not on a UI screen. That's it. 

As for you players who refuse to see the writing on the wall, let me break it to you gently with a chainsaw. Sony and Microsoft are first and foremost computer companies. Don't believe me? Sony is on the cutting edge of quantum and optical computing. They invented the Blu-Ray format. Can any of you tell me what the other format was before blu-ray? Exactly. It's like with VHS and Beta-Max. 

Your console is a computer. Keyboard gaming is, for this style of game, a more better fit, and honestly, a keyboard and mouse is like $20 at Walmart. Go buy one and embrace it. Quit being afraid of the PC Master Race because guess what? They're all computers! The only difference is that one is more portable and doesn't have quite as good graphics. This isn't a dig at console gaming, either; I love my PS3 because I use it to play Ratchet and Clank and other games not available on PC (and I wouldn't want to play arcade games on a PC anyway). But I wouldn't play Skyrim on the console. The PC Master Race is a myth to foster divisiveness among the gamer community.  

Keyboard and mouse lends itself better to Warframe than a controller simply because you can hot key everything and have more control options than on the controller. On the other hand, I can see the other side of the argument, too. The controller is more compact and convenient and doesn't require two separate peripherals. I say, give it a week of keyboard gaming and see if you don't agree that at least for Warframe, it's a better set up. And even if you don't go with K&M gaming, give DE a chance to perfect the new UI tweaks before freaking out.

The implementation of shortcuts from yesterday’s hotfix have been doing well on my end, can’t complain much as for us console players it’s a step back into our normative world. Kudos on that quick fix.

However, even with character models being able to rotate slowly with the R2 trigger button for PS4 (and assuming the same for the right trigger button for our Xbox One neighbors), this is still a bit of deterrent to Fashionframe.

Say that I want to have a quick glance of three Syandanas: the Deru, Nsaru, Repalla from Tennogen. I need to use the R3 analog stick to scroll down the list with my cursor hovering over the list, and then have the same cursor hover over my character model in order to move it left or right with the same R3 analog stick. Before this UI update, we had the D-pad able to force-scroll through our inventory up/down when selecting our cosmetic options, with R3 analog being the primary utility to rotate the character model. This feature is now gone, and I would appreciate it coming back. Otherwise in my eyes this accommodation for the virtual cursor UI is still a nerf to Fashionframe.

However, I am not wholly disappointed. The selection of color palettes is comfortable to say the least, and the utility of the R3 analog stick is not highly stressed on this point for Fashionframe (aside from insistent hovering of the cursor over the character model in order to rotate).

Please allow D-pad to force-scroll through inventory without the prerogative reliance of the R3 analog stick to scroll. This, I feel, is a necessary form factor for us console players going through our inventory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Simple: I cannot unequip items. So I can't take X item I want to level up only.

Click on “None” once then click out of the menu. Took me a while to figure out last night and someone from the main console Update theead addressed this issue as well with the solution.

You are able to unequip gear. It’s just not as free form as before.

It would be nice if we could get a dedicated bug thread so that the bugs are not lost in the noise of people saying that they don't like the system in general. I think at this point it's been established that the people on the forums don't like the new update in general. But bug reports should probably be easier to find.

I know I'm asking for the word but I think the previous build had a superior navigation experience. I'm sure someone in the 47 pages has asked but it'd be a nice to have a toggle feature to toggle between the the previous UI and the current console UI. The virtual cursor has never been one of my favorites in any game that it's been introduced in. That said I love the game and keep on trying these new things. I may not be a fan but I like that DE is trying to change things even small things like the UI. 

There are still huge bugs and the chat UI is terrible! They have a lot of work to do but I have faith they will eventually fix it. Let's just hope it's sooner than later.

- Fix RIGHT stick being able to zoom nav. Stick drift for ALOT of people are making it impossible to select a mission. https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8p9ppq/chat_ui_bugs_videos_sometimes_impossible_to_open/

Video for nav issue:

- fix the chat UI so we can use the right stick for the right list (user list) and the dpad for the left chat box (chat room), just makes sense, left side of controller for left side of chat, right side of controller for right side of the chat

- fix the chat UI so when using the DPAD to select things, when pressing X it wont select where the cursor is hanging
Video:

- fix the trade menu doing the same thing as the above video
video:

Already had lots of players quit yesterday and today because of the UI. Trying to do damage control is an all day thing now because of this update. plz fix :)

There are still huge bugs and the chat UI is terrible! They have a lot of work to do but I have faith they will eventually fix it. Let's just hope it's sooner than later.

- Fix RIGHT stick being able to zoom nav. Stick drift for ALOT of people are making it impossible to select a mission. https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8p9ppq/chat_ui_bugs_videos_sometimes_impossible_to_open/

Video for nav issue:

- fix the chat UI so we can use the right stick for the right list (user list) and the dpad for the left chat box (chat room), just makes sense, left side of controller for left side of chat, right side of controller for right side of the chat

- fix the chat UI so when using the DPAD to select things, when pressing X it wont select where the cursor is hanging
Video:

- fix the trade menu doing the same thing as the above video
video:

Already had lots of players quit yesterday and today because of the UI. Trying to do damage control is an all day thing now because of this update. plz fix :)

• Like 1

Regarding the new update I am no longer able to unable to freely change my weapon skins anymore they won't changr after I press a different soon skin second when going into the inventory I am unable to pick and amount of how much of an I item I want to sell example I have 3 hyroid system and I want to sell 2 but I am unable to it makes me select all 3 instead

On 2018-06-05 at 9:33 AM, (PS4)bir5586 said:

Worst change ever. We are not PC players the mouse thing is clunky and horrible. Did DE bother to play test with an actual control....no they did not.

It was my understanding that almost nobody from DE plays their own game. If they did we would never have had this abortion to begin with and trading from inside our ships already! Can't forget to mention host migrations screwing everything up since day 1! They do not play Warframe. 

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎05 at 2:49 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys, I have here a list of known issues with a couple of notes as well! 

• D-Pad not working on World State Window - will be implemented in a future update!
  • Can't rotate items in the Market (fixed)
  • D-Pad skipping over items in menu lists - will be fixed in a future update! 
  • Scrolling with the D-Pad will be implemented in a future update! 

Thank you for all of your feedback!

Nice!

oh hay while were on the subject of fixing this BS, hows about you bring back the hotkeys, like square to customize, I think it was triangle to mod, thing like that.

I understand that you want ppl to be able to use a mouse. that's great, that's fine, but it need to be an option for ppl to do so, not a must.

Edited by (PS4)Syalin_

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Akaruiwrx said:

I know I'm asking for the word but I think the previous build had a superior navigation experience. I'm sure someone in the 47 pages has asked but it'd be a nice to have a toggle feature to toggle between the the previous UI and the current console UI. The virtual cursor has never been one of my favorites in any game that it's been introduced in. That said I love the game and keep on trying these new things. I may not be a fan but I like that DE is trying to change things even small things like the UI. 

The UI is not a small thing though, it is the governing system for the entire game. That is why having the cursor UI in its current state is such a problem because it directly affects player's ability to play the game. I mean the steering wheel is only a small part of you car but you can't really drive that well without it working properly.

Hello Tenno, 

It seems our voices have been hard. 

DE has put back in some of console quick buttons.

Our war against the cursor overlords is not yet over but this victory is very important. 

Continue to be positive but critical. 

Time to get back in grind and see what this newer update 1.59 (PS4) does. 

vor 15 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Whatawaytogo:

how many more things can/will DE screw up for console... was so disgusted with the cursor I only slogged through doin the sorties last 2 days and nothing else

figure I try to see if it could do anything usefull… .it cant..  just more and more screwed up things

got a 3hr affinity booster so I figure I would take just a melee that I got a riven for and get it set up.... and I CANT UNEQUIP MY OTHER WEAPONS

pick none in the arsenal for primary.... secondary...   sentinel  weapon... hell even sentinel itself.... click on the empty box labeled none...  and

yup NOTHING GETS UNEQUIPPED!!!!!!   wont even get into how bad the cursor is... how trying to adjust it is pointless (settings make it either to fast or too slow), the fact that it does not auto snap to the active menu, the fact other things like partical densitiy can not be changed whatsoever....   MD for the sortie today and people were complaining they could see anything everytime I stomped (which is all rhino is good for... lock down map so we can finish as fast as possible for MD/INT missions...)  the particles we bad enough even I agreed with them an dtold them to come here/fb/twitter and complain complain complain…  

so i'll ask this question again...  who is doing your "cert" inhouse...  and why bother to send  anything to MS/sony, because they obviously don't play test things...   one would think seeing consoles are forced to wait between updates, ya'll might actually playtest everything to make sure things work...  unable to adjust settings and have them stick, unable to run empty weapon slots like we have in the past...  i'm not even going to count this trash cursor BS in this last part... (that was DE trying to give us what they think we wanted... which after looking at these forums and ingame chat... we don't want it) but the other 2 things and god knows what else I haven't stumbled upon that is broken...…  just rollback the update, re-add the fashion frame junk and leave it at that...  stop trying to fix things that were not broken and work on things that still are...  armor scaling for one

I feel your pain. Good description of the situation! 

The cursor needs to move a lot faster when using the Dpad in menus. Also, When using the DPad i feel like going down to the bottom should scroll instead of just getting stuck at the bottom. Overall I like the changes (especially the kb+m support) but a lot more work needs to be done.

Diablo 3 has been a good distraction until they fix it. Similar in that you're running through randomly generated maps using increasingly rediculous powers to slaughter hoards of enemies and the occasional bullet-sponge general, complete with full screen map overlay.

It's also a prime example of interface compatibility. I grew up thinking we'd never see the series on console because it was a point and click game. The first attempt was a disaster. But here and now it runs just fine on console, even if you prefer over-the-shoulder. Wanna know how they did it?

They ditched the cursor.

No matter how many steps you take forward, it won't matter if your back-steps are bigger.

Edited by (XB1)Kavriel