Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

31 minutes ago, (PS4)zedlanik said:

So it's unfinished then why launch unfinished U.I what they just done is spat in faces of everyone who uses ps4 xb1 so that now they need to use mouse and keyboard why did they never thought of adding option ? To get back old U.I DE is making big mistake this U.I won't work on ps4 and xb1 ,on pc it may work but not with us since we are not used it and I can't really see any game size of warframe using S#&$ U.I as this one don't launch broken ass update that will take forever to fix 

You're misunderstanding, the current console issue is the groundwork for the NEW UI coming soon. Its just something to put up with till the whole thing rolls out.

Once the new UI is here the idea is that everything will function together seamlessly and fix the current issue consols are having.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

As for why launching unfinished work... well as I stated it works, its still playable. But eliminating issues that are directed at a specific group of people due to how they run the game, only haste things in the long run. Its a good thing for now, even though it sucks temporarily.

The d-pad on xbox works fine, it just needs to auto-scroll > select new menu. If you understand.

Because PC player weren't able to beta test this for you guys XD. 

No, they honestly need to just push through and get this UI working because all an "option" to use the old UI does is mean they have to support both UIs. Which kinda defeats the purpose of updating their UI. 

Edit: Also If memory serves part of the reason they have stated that console updates take as long as they do is they essentially have to rebuild the UI for consoles every time they go to push a cert. So having a unified UI will ultimately make Console updates faster. 

Edited by Oreades

20 minutes ago, Oreades said:

No, they honestly need to just push through and get this UI working because all an "option" to use the old UI does is mean they have to support both UIs. Which kinda defeats the purpose of updating their UI. 

Edit: Also If memory serves part of the reason they have stated that console updates take as long as they do is they essentially have to rebuild the UI for consoles every time they go to push a cert. So having a unified UI will ultimately make Console updates faster. 

In lot of ways they will lose lot of players that U.I won't work well with lot of players simply add option .plus they are making S#&$ lots of money hire more people to work harder on updates 

42 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Again, a majority of PC players use controllers. It will get fixed.

Is this really true? I would have thought mouse keyboard would be a better control method. Once I realised Warframe was actully a good game I'd be playing a lot (found it while looking for free games on psn, didn't expect anything good) I considered swapping to a pc account just for mouse and keyboard play.

2 hours ago, (PS4)zedlanik said:

Yeah sounds good but still we need a option it's not console friendly unless you use mouse and keyboard we need the old U.I as a option 

There will be no option. Adding an option makes it go right back to being more work for every build.

6 hours ago, (PS4)xarienne said:

Again, those future plans do NOT help console players with the interface as it is now.

At the moment, something that used to only take a couple seconds using a controller, involves many more steps and is both cumbersome and unintuitive.

Constantly referring to DE's future plans does not make the current PITA UI situation magically better for those of us on console who actually have to deal with this right now.

you do realize that they can't just immediately change something on consoles like they can on PC. a build has to go through a certification process done by people who work for Mircosoft/Sony. 

Having the recent return of quick button links to Mods / Appearance ect has been a great help in navigation, but still think the overall feel of the new UI is unnecessarily slow and clunky.

With over 50% of my time spent Modding / Fashionframe-ing (lol), the UI is very important and as it stands, its overly difficult to quickly shift between builds and adjust colours. just simple things like rotating your operator / frame when checking out new cosmetics are a hassle lol!

The gameplay is still as fun as ever and im not one of these that claime this new UI to be a game breaker, been playing this game on console since its release and I'm not about to stop now because of a cursor, but I'm really struggling with moving around mods with the click and drag system currently in place, just seems like more fuss than its worth.

I'm sure there's a grand idea behind these changes and I'm aware that the changes haven't finished yet, but after the initial feedback from PC users using controllers way back when that this UI was not effective, its not really a surprise that console players are now giving the same feedback.

I really miss the old UI, so much easier to use and more adaptive to controller users, in my experience so far, no amount of adjustments to sensitivity / cursor size helps with any of this.

Looking forward to future updates on this but am ever grateful that DE are noting all of these comments

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Is this really true? I would have thought mouse keyboard would be a better control method. Once I realised Warframe was actully a good game I'd be playing a lot (found it while looking for free games on psn, didn't expect anything good) I considered swapping to a pc account just for mouse and keyboard play.

backflipping is hell with arrow keys, especially when you need volts buff off, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard so on stream, nearly every hand disability player cant function keyboards for long periods of time, the game's fast pace really is optimized for controller use, I will agree aiming with mouse is best in class, but otherwise...

Theres a reason spray-and-pray weapons are favored. flippen Ignis

Hi DE,

the very first implementation of the new UI was terrible. i know you had a lot to handle to make this go live but is was not usable for consoles.

After some updates yesterday i have to say: not so bad. option to use shortcuts (as before) is great. i don't really get any advantage of the cursor right now (maybe in the future?), but i didn't feel set back any more. thank for the very fast support!

for all the haters: DE did a great job coding this game. if new implementations are not so good: well, say it and wait for a reaction. but to leave a great game after the very first not-so-good - thing is quite ridiculous... it's a (free!!) game with a great community-support a a fantastic story line. 

ah and i love what they did with Khora: very nice Frame 🙂

one thing: if i use d-pads for selection, the table do not scroll for itself. would be great if this would work again.

greats,

talli

I found the new update realy helpfull for some reason but what i also noticed is that when i connect my mouse and keyboard now to my PS4 it works... Well.. slightly

in-game while in a mission i can play with M&K but afterwards in my ship its really buggy when scrolling my mousewheel up its going down and keeps scrolling down and the UI does not change to keyboard functions. Maybe its a nice thing to add to get full M&K support on the ps4

20 hours ago, (XB1)NailedHand said:

Xbox version. After yesterday hotfix it is not possible to unequip weapon, I mean I can't equip empty slot and play the mission with only one gun. New cursor system is terrible on consoles, I want back previous system. Also there is problems with colors, especially in dojo, game looks there like colored vomit. Seriously, I don't want play the game with my eyes bleeding 😡

Ths is where you need to go.

Just adding my voice into this.. The PS4 does not come with a mouse, so why you would want to try and force PC/Mouse mechanics into a console experience is beyond me. The interface is suddenly frustrating beyond belief. Simple tasks are now taking forever and let's not talk about trying to do things in the middle of a battle 😕